Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,668 members, 7,820,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

#discoveraseries - Man Up! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / #discoveraseries - Man Up! (641 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#discoveraseries - Man Up! by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:41am On Oct 22, 2016
Series Name: Man Up!

Genre: Comedy

Average Run Time Per Episode: 23 Minutes

Cast: Christopher Moynihan, Dan Fogler, Mather Zickel, Henry Simmons

IMDB Rating: 6.6/10

So I’m a huge fan of comedy series and one of my best channels on DSTV (not saying too much, considering I have like only five channels I actually like and consider a bulk of the rest animal feed) is Comedy Central. However, after a while, it begins to feel like you’ve watched all of the sitcoms and comedy series. I mean, How I Met Your Mother was great for the first few seasons but the story began to run a bit too long and it began to feel like they were beginning to run out of material. Same thing for The Big Bang Theory. So I set out out to find something new (at least, something I had never seen before) and fate brought Man Up! my way.

Now Man Up! follows the lives of three middle-aged men who are still hanging on to the vestiges of what would be considered childhood or the teen years at best (like video games. Especially video games) while trying to function as full grown adults. There’s Will Keen, the only one of the three that’s actually married with kids, Kenny Hayden, a divorcee and Craig Griffith who’s never married before (and ends up ruining his ex-girlfriend’s wedding at the start of the series). Okay, that’s as much information as I’m going to give you as I don’t want to spoil it for you so if you’re interested in a new (well, technically not new, it premiered in 2011) comedy series, Man Up! might just be what you’re looking for.

My Personally Personal Opinion:

I loved Man Up! Like crazy! The most recent series I liked this much was Angie Tribeca. Seriously, while it’s not exactly completely new material, I feel like the delivery and acting really did it for me. There are few comedy series I have watched repeatedly in recent times and Man Up has joined that respectable group. So imagine my horror when I went Wikipediaing and realised that Man Up received terrible ratings in its first (and only) season! I mean what the deuce! I can think of way worse formulaic comedy series out there that got several seasons. Apparently, the ratings were so bad that the series was cancelled after the eighth episode aired although the complete season one is available online. I don’t understand, like really! If I had Wikipediad Man Up! before actually watching it, I would probably not have bothered at all but having watched it, I’m shocked it didn’t get at least two or three more seasons. It’s just such a letdown, honestly. I know some of you out there only watch series if they have at least three seasons but trust me, this one season is completely worth it.

My rating:

8/10. Straight up.

https://completelytier./2016/10/22/discoveraseries-man-up/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tom & Jerry 2017 / Christmas Short Film By Nigerian Filmmaker / Tstv Gets 3 Years Tax Benefit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.