Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

How I Hard Reset My Android Smartphone - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How I Hard Reset My Android Smartphone (986 Views)

Please Help Me With How To Reset My Laptop / How Can I Fix My Android Emulator On Mac, Or Which Emulator Can I Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Hard Reset My Android Smartphone by microsofttutor(m): 5:18am On Oct 22, 2016
Has your Android Smartphone disappointed you before? There are many abnormalities such as slow response or no response at all, forgotten password (this is the most disheartening of all).

I have once experienced it. I had already set a password for my phone before its phone screen and touch pad became faulty. I was very disappointed, so I had to search for solution online. It was not easy finding a useful solution. I had no other option than to hard reset it.
Hard resetting your android phone can really solve many issues and malfunctions. Different Android devices have different way to hard format them. In my own case, I had to try many different solutions before I finally tried the one that solved my issue. My Phone was Tecno P5.
So I will list all the possible ways to hard reset different Android Smart Phones. Just try each of them carefully and tell me the one that worked for you.

NOTES:
• Your phone must be off before you can be able to hard reset it. So make sure your phone is off (I don’t mean low battery). If you are finding hard to switch off your mobile phone, just remove the battery and insert it back.
• Also make sure that your phone is not plugged into a charger. If the phone is plugged into a charger or if the device is not fully powered off, the reset is not going to work.
• Phone reset is permanent and cannot be undone. It will erase all personal data and downloaded content on the phone, don’t worry it will not affect or erase your memory card or anything saved on your SIM card. This includes content such as pictures, ringtones, texts, apps, etc. and will usually fix software glitches, bugs, viruses, etc. Try if at all possible, to perform a backup first. Usually when you need to perform an alternate reset on your mobile phone you might not be able to do a backup.
• If you own an Android Smartphone manufactured by Pantech then unfortunately you cannot perform an alternative reset on your device. Pantech Smartphones currently do not have a hard reset feature; the only reset available on Pantech phones is through the settings.
Different Methods and Procedures to Hard Reset Your Android Phone
Try each of these methods carefully and tell us the one that worked for you. For each of these methods, you’re going to power the phone off, hold a specified set of keys to access a fast boot, testing or recovery screen. Solution nine worked for me.
Method One

èWhen the phone is powered off, press and hold the Volume Up and the Volume Down keys both at the same time, then press and hold the Power key until a test screen that shows some available options appears, usually takes about 15-20 seconds. When that screen pops up you can let go of the keys.
èPress the Volume Down key to navigate down through the options until it highlights FACTORY RESET then press the Power key to select it.
Click Here http://joelinksservices..com.ng/2016/10/how-i-hard-reset-my-android-smartphone.html to read more

Re: How I Hard Reset My Android Smartphone by dollarprincess(f): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2016
Great tips

(1) (Reply)

Forty Years Of The Internet: How The World Changed For Ever / Rapair Your Hard Disk With Me, Both Solid State, Dynamic, SATA Or IDE / Airtel USB Modem Urgently Needed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.