Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Prayer Without Obedience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer Without Obedience (417 Views)

Empty Prayer Without Obedience / Prayer Without Obedience / Prayer Without Work Vs Work Without Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Without Obedience by FreshGreen: 6:18am On Oct 22, 2016
PRAYER WITHOUT OBEDIENCE
Obedience to God is more important than prayer to God. When you ignore to obey God’s word, and you keep praying, it means you are doing vain repetitions. Maybe you suppose to repent and confess your sin, but you ignore that and keep praying for God’s mercy, such prayer is vain repetition. Some people commit sins, and instead of them to open up, confess to God and the necessary people, they keep praying for forgiveness and mercy – they are doing VAIN repetition. We can only receive mercy when we confess and forsake our sins. Proverbs 28:13.
When the Spirit of God is leading you to open up your covered sin or to do restitution, but you refuse to obey, and you keep praying for mercy, mercy; you are only doing vain repetition. Obedience is better than sacrifice!

Maybe you are living in sin, living with sinful partner, doing a sinful business, working at an ungodly place, using fake document, age or you are benefiting from your past sin; then the Word of God is warning you to forsake the sins and forfeit the sinful benefits and surrender all to God, but instead of you to simply obey, you remain in the sinful thing and you keep fasting and praying for God’s mercy. Such prayer is a waste of time and a vain repetition. Some even go to the extent of giving huge amount of money and time for God’s work, thinking God will consider that and overlook their disobedience; they are ignorant that God cannot be bribed by fasting, long prayer or sacrifices.

Obedience to God’s word is more important than prayer and fasting, than sowing or giving for God’s work. Your pastors or your church can accept your gifts and pray for you, but you are not at peace with your Creator until you simply obey. Matthew 5:23, 24, “Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.”

Prayer should be made continuously without ceasing. In any particular request, we should keep asking, reminding God until our joy is full - that is faith repetition not vain repetition. Keep the Word of God in total obedience, keep the faith, and keep praying until your joy is full.
John 14:13-16: And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. 15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever.

If you will like to surrender your life to Jesus or to rededicate your life to Jesus, please click on this link and read https://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-to-be-saved-and-start-a-new-life-in-Jesus/270674586372252
Re: Prayer Without Obedience by DjAndroid: 6:21am On Oct 22, 2016
Thanks for sharing

(1) (Reply)

Gratitude Is A Powerful Attitude / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sat.26/11/2016) / Should A Christian Judge Others?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.