Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

#buhariincreasenyscallowance - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / #buhariincreasenyscallowance (1124 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#buhariincreasenyscallowance by lordsterlin(m): 7:22am On Oct 22, 2016
Dear President,
I beseech you in the name of God to consider increasing the 19800 naira been paid to corp members as monthly stipends.

This request has become necessary following the present state of things in the country. You're well aware that cost of living is skyrocketing while standard of living has greatly dropped. The implication is that 19,800 naira as allowance for corp members has become untenable considering that most states have stopped making their own contributions to the scheme.

Sir, it would interest you to note that corp members spend at least four years in the various tertiary institutions. While in school, they vigorously strived to ensure academic growth. They did not indulge in acts capable of terminating the peace we enjoy in this country, yet successive government always failed to encourage them . The funds for this compulsory one year scheme has always been paltry whereas funding for amnesty programs has always hit hit hundreds of billions.

Sir, please use your good office to #increase the monthly stipends corp members receive.

Thanks

Emine, Princewill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #buhariincreasenyscallowance by wablex(m): 7:26am On Oct 22, 2016
I hope so. Corpers need cool cash to maintain dai self or stat a biz b4 getting a cul Job
Re: #buhariincreasenyscallowance by DesChyko: 7:38am On Oct 22, 2016
Enter labour market first.
You go understand say na big man you be with #19,800 while doing nothing before undecided

1 Like

Re: #buhariincreasenyscallowance by lordsterlin(m): 8:21pm On Oct 23, 2016
DesChyko:
Enter labour market first.
You go understand say na big man you be with #19,800 while doing nothing before undecided

Hope you know that the minimum wage in Nigeria is 18k? This amount is for school certificate holders. Graduates are placed on level 8 or 66k.
Now answer this; corp members, are they ssce holders?

1 Like

Re: #buhariincreasenyscallowance by DesChyko: 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
lordsterlin:

Hope you know that the minimum wage in Nigeria is 18k? This amount is for school certificate holders. Graduates are placed on level 8 or 66k.
Now answer this; corp members, are they ssce holders?

Answer this: What is the objective of the NYSC programme? Level 8 Employment?
Re: #buhariincreasenyscallowance by saintsam(m): 10:50pm On Oct 23, 2016
As a country, we have gone from d sublime 2 d ridiculous. How can ex-militants receive higer wages than corp members?
Re: #buhariincreasenyscallowance by Akinlekanwr(m): 11:37pm On Oct 23, 2016
I never knew buhari is a nairalander. Anyone wants to give me his username?
Re: #buhariincreasenyscallowance by TheOtherRoom: 8:17am On Oct 24, 2016
Ha
Re: #buhariincreasenyscallowance by TheOtherRoom: 8:20am On Oct 24, 2016
DesChyko:

Answer this: What is the objective of the NYSC programme? Level 8 Employment?

Even though you server your father land it doesn't really mean you shouldn't be taken good care of.
Considering the fact that most coppers are posted to teach in schools you can't compare their experience and impact to that of a SSCE holder who earns the minimum wage of 18k.
My point is if a graduate is placed at level 8 and entitled to 66k, why can't a copper be paid more than the half of 66k (33,000)??
Re: #buhariincreasenyscallowance by DesChyko: 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
TheOtherRoom:

Even though you server your father land it doesn't really mean you shouldn't be taken good care of.
Considering the fact that most coppers are posted to teach in schools you can't compare their experience and impact to that of a SSCE holder who earns the minimum wage of 18k.
My point is if a graduate is placed at level 8 and entitled to 66k, why can't a copper be paid more than the half of 66k (33,000)??

Well, people have different motivations. The NYSC isn't a money making venture. I saw it as an avenue to make a difference and I utilized it well. My primary concern wasn't the pay else, I'ld have just asked my L.I. to take the money while I'm busy doing stuffs elsewhere.

My advantage then was that I invested much in the community and they took care of my needs. I was able to send money home monthly and left service with about 60k cash despite the fact that the state government didn't pay us their own part. So, why not give to your host community and let them bless you good.

After all, some corps members were paid #7,500 and they didn't die off.
Re: #buhariincreasenyscallowance by saintsam(m): 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2016
DesChyko:

Well, people have different motivations. The NYSC isn't a money making venture. I saw it as an avenue to make a difference and I utilized it well. My primary concern wasn't the pay else, I'ld have just asked my L.I. to take the money while I'm busy doing stuffs elsewhere.

My advantage then was that I invested much in the community and they took care of my needs. I was able to send money home monthly and left service with about 60k cash despite the fact that the state government didn't pay us their own part. So, why not give to your host community and let them bless you good.

After all, some corps members were paid #7,500 and they didn't die off.
I believe House of rep members and senators are serving their fatherland. I believe ex-militants served the country so well, abi? Y pay these guys high wages and allow corpers 2 languish.
Re: #buhariincreasenyscallowance by DesChyko: 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
saintsam:
I believe House of rep members and senators are serving their fatherland. I believe ex-militants served the country so well, abi? Y pay these guys high wages and allow corpers 2 languish.

*shrugs*

I and my colleagues never could convince the corpers that came to replace us then to embrace selfless service for the good of the host community. Their preference of seeking the better life led to the collapse of the projects we started from the scratch there. So, I wasn't in the habit of comparing myself to what others were earning wherever they were. I just offered the best of my service, bore the hardships, appreciated the good and went off in search of a better life at the end.
Re: #buhariincreasenyscallowance by saintsam(m): 10:33pm On Oct 24, 2016
DesChyko:

*shrugs*

I and my colleagues never could convince the corpers that came to replace us then to embrace selfless service for the good of the host community. Their preference of seeking the better life led to the collapse of the projects we started from the scratch there. So, I wasn't in the habit of comparing myself to what others were earning wherever they were. I just offered the best of my service, bore the hardships, appreciated the good and went off in search of a better life at the end.
Now I see y Nigeria is not working. I ask a question. Y are militant paid higher wages than corper?
Re: #buhariincreasenyscallowance by DesChyko: 2:25am On Oct 25, 2016
saintsam:
Now I see y Nigeria is not working. I ask a question. Y are militant paid higher wages than corper?

And my blunt answer is "As a corper, that is not a priority. Perhaps the handbooks shared during orientation were not perused. The meditations given every morning were not absorbed. Even, there is an easy way out: Arrange with the L.I. and leave the vicinity if the scheme is stopping one from being rich. I served in a core Niger Delta region, so forgive me if I'm not taken by this 'militant' talk.

(1) (Reply)

NYSC 2017: Official Adjustment To Timetable. Date Of Deployment Out / Hello House, Is There A Way I Can Redeploy, Even After I Have Been Given PPA / Easy Way To Make Money In 2022 And Be Financially Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.