Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Young Mother Sells Two- Month-old Baby For N450,000 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Young Mother Sells Two- Month-old Baby For N450,000 (631 Views)

Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper / Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds (photo) / Mother Sells Son For N300,000 In Enugu; Buyer Resells At 350,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Mother Sells Two- Month-old Baby For N450,000 by ExAngel007(f): 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2016
The Akwa Ibom state police command have arrested a 51-
year-old woman, Rose Edward, for allegedly buying a two
month old baby for N450,000, NAN reports.

According to the report, the police also arrested a
homeopathic doctor, Eneyo Nyang and mother of the baby,
Comfort Effiong, for their alleged roles in the crime.

Murtala Mani, Akwa Ibom commissioner of police, disclosed this to newsmen on Saturday, October 22 in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom state capital.

Mani who spoke through the command’s spokesperson,
ASP Cordelia Nwanwe, said that Edward from Rivers state
confessed to have bought the baby because she needed a
baby of her own.

Confessing to the crime, the mother of the baby, Comfort
Effiong, said that she sold her baby because there was no
one to take care of her.

She said: “I sold the baby because of help; I don’t have
anybody to help me. My father is late and my mother is sick
and I don’t have anybody to help me.”

However, Mani assured Akwa Ibom people that the
command would not relent in its effort to curb crime in the
state.

He warned members of the public wishing to adopt children
to follow due process.

The arrest of Rose Edward and Comfort Effiong comes just
two months after the Delta state police command paraded
two suspects who sold a three-month-old baby to a Lagos-
based businessman for N500,000.

The suspects, a 43-year-old fake nurse, Uju Okonkwo and a
fake lawyer, Ezurum Joseph, who claimed to have graduated
from the Nnamdi Azikwe University, NAU, Anambra state in
2011 with registration number 39017, confessed to the crime.

https://www.naij.com/1018998-young-mother-sells-her-two-month-old-baby-for-n450000.html

Re: Young Mother Sells Two- Month-old Baby For N450,000 by loadedvibes: 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2016
E cheap o. For a whole pikin
Re: Young Mother Sells Two- Month-old Baby For N450,000 by rabex123(m): 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2016
Maka y now...
Just look at this poor baby..
Re: Young Mother Sells Two- Month-old Baby For N450,000 by TreasuredLeidy(f): 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2016
I don't support this buh at least it's beta Dan abortion or dumping d baby in River to die..
let dem go n arrest dose ladies committing Abortions, let dem investigate the dead bodies of innocent babies found on Roadsides, Toilets, Waste bins, River, etc so they can get d PPU behind it arrested and leave this poor woman alone.

2 Likes

Re: Young Mother Sells Two- Month-old Baby For N450,000 by hungryboy(m): 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2016
As long as she is selling the child to people who are willing to take care of him,
I see nothing wrong with it
Re: Young Mother Sells Two- Month-old Baby For N450,000 by rusher14: 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2016
hungryboy:
As long as she is selling the child to people who are willing to take care of him,
I see nothing wrong with it

You are really hungry.
Please eat something.
Re: Young Mother Sells Two- Month-old Baby For N450,000 by boman2014: 10:56am On Oct 23, 2016
too bad

(1) (Reply)

Man's Penis Relocates To His Knees After Sleeping With Someone's Wife / End Of The Road For Two Armed Robbers Caught In Onitsha / Pictures Of Young Girl Killed By Motorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.