Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Is It Possible To Break A Vase Containing Water By Stirring The Water Inside? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Is It Possible To Break A Vase Containing Water By Stirring The Water Inside? (694 Views)

Man Finds Shark At The Shores, He Helped It Back Into The Water / Animals That Live Both On Land And In The Water / An India River When Seen From Distance Boat Appears Like Flying Over The Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Break A Vase Containing Water By Stirring The Water Inside? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2016

Yeah, I know it sounds childish. gringrin.

I actually watched that being done by Jet-li in his famous movies and I myself tried to do it for hours on end without any success.

That was a LONG time ago.

However, for some reason, this just popped up.

So guys; I'm asking :

Is it possible to crack/break a vase containing water inside by only stirring the water inside
Re: Is It Possible To Break A Vase Containing Water By Stirring The Water Inside? by adroitvezy(m): 10:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
Yes i think, but the rate at which your moves must be very very fast and the water isn't allowed to spill (i.e your hand movement is directly proportional to the force acting against the water in the vase).
Where are the scientists self? You guys should come here and guy us insight on this.
Re: Is It Possible To Break A Vase Containing Water By Stirring The Water Inside? by 4kings: 1:01pm On Nov 09, 2016
I don't think its possible.

But the force applied to stirring, could break it.
Re: Is It Possible To Break A Vase Containing Water By Stirring The Water Inside? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2016
A basic knowledge of fluid mechanics shows that this is impossible.

of course, the rotating water exerts some force on the vase but it is pitifully small because the force is spread out over a very large area, and there are many degrees of freedom. the water would just keep rising at the side and going down at the center till it literally climbed out of the vase.

I hope this answers the question.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Break A Vase Containing Water By Stirring The Water Inside? by lovehasnoe: 12:19am On Nov 11, 2016
HERE IS OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME SOMEBODY IN LIFE >> https:///YT1ABP

Thank me Later.

(1) (Reply)

2016 Highlight: Instagram’s $1bn Acquisition By Facebook JUSTIFIED! / Get 10TIMES On Every Recharge For Calls, SMS And Data, On Your Airtel SIM Card / He.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.