Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,647 members, 7,955,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:53 PM

Recession: Mother Sells Her Two-month-old Baby For N450, 000 In Uyo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Recession: Mother Sells Her Two-month-old Baby For N450, 000 In Uyo (702 Views)

Woman Sells Her Brother’s N18m Property While He Was In Prison Abroad / Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper / Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession: Mother Sells Her Two-month-old Baby For N450, 000 In Uyo by Damilolababy(f): 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2016
– The police in Akwa Ibom have arrested a 51-year-old woman, Rose Edward, for allegedly buying a two month old baby for N450,000

– The police also arrested a homeopathic doctor, Eneyo Nyang and mother of the baby, Comfort Effiong

– Effiong says she sold her baby because there was no one to take care of her

The Akwa Ibom state police command have arrested a 51-year-old woman, Rose Edward, for allegedly buying a two month old baby for N450,000, NAN reports.

According to the report, the police also arrested a homeopathic doctor, Eneyo Nyang and mother of the baby, Comfort Effiong, for their alleged roles in the crime.

Murtala Mani, Akwa Ibom commissioner of police, disclosed this to newsmen on Saturday, October 22 in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom state capital.

Mani who spoke through the command’s spokesperson, ASP Cordelia Nwanwe, said that Edward from Rivers state confessed to have bought the baby because she needed a baby of her own.

Confessing to the crime, the mother of the baby, Comfort Effiong, said that she sold her baby because there was no one to take care of her.

She said: “I sold the baby because of help; I don’t have anybody to help me. My father is late and my mother is sick and I don’t have anybody to help me.”

However, Mani assured Akwa Ibom people that the command would not relent in its effort to curb crime in the state.

He warned members of the public wishing to adopt children to follow due process.
The arrest of Rose Edward and Comfort Effiong comes just two months after the Delta state police command paraded two suspects who sold a three-month-old baby to a Lagos-based businessman for N500,000.

The suspects, a 43-year-old fake nurse, Uju Okonkwo and a fake lawyer, Ezurum Joseph, who claimed to have graduated from the Nnamdi Azikwe University, NAU, Anambra state in 2011 with registration number 39017, confessed to the crime.

Source:

https://www.naij.com/1018998-young-mother-sells-her-two-month-old-baby-for-n450000.html

http://www.tori.ng/news/43783/recession-mother-sells-her-twomonthold-baby-for-n4.html

cc ; lalasticlala

Re: Recession: Mother Sells Her Two-month-old Baby For N450, 000 In Uyo by Damilolababy(f): 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2016
This is a Shocking News...
Re: Recession: Mother Sells Her Two-month-old Baby For N450, 000 In Uyo by ArabMopol(m): 11:29pm On Oct 22, 2016
better than to dump the child in pit toilet
Re: Recession: Mother Sells Her Two-month-old Baby For N450, 000 In Uyo by neocortex: 11:49pm On Oct 22, 2016
If not cauth, this criminal would have gone to church to give
testimony on how god blessed her with a child
after many years of bareness.
Kudos to the police.
Re: Recession: Mother Sells Her Two-month-old Baby For N450, 000 In Uyo by PARAHH(f): 1:02am On Oct 23, 2016
why is it a crime? ... the mother sold the baby was not stolen na .. probably the baby would've had a better future that it would in that awkward looking orphanage that the kids eat sometimes once a day
they would've just made it legal that's all... I see no crime in what she did so far the baby is safe

1 Like

Re: Recession: Mother Sells Her Two-month-old Baby For N450, 000 In Uyo by oglalasioux(m): 5:37am On Oct 23, 2016
I still don't understand the rationale behind arresting barren women buying babies off women that can't take care of those babies. What government should do is to open an avenue to make the transaction legal instead of denying such child an apparent brighter future.

Women must have sex and some will result to pregnancy. Our society still clamps down on abortion yet won't give the woman a chance to give the baby away to people who can take proper care of the baby.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Mother Sells Her Two-month-old Baby For N450, 000 In Uyo by Nateben(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2016
Good business............ cool

(1) (Reply)

Cleric Abducts Three Women, Turns Them To Sex Slaves – Police / PHOTOS: Woman Reportedly Drugged With Poison-laced Hand-bill In Nairobi / Rivers Police Arrest 30 Kidnappers, 20 Cultists, Foil 10 Armed Robberies, Rescue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.