Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Crisis Rocks The Apostolic Church As Factions Battle For Power - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crisis Rocks The Apostolic Church As Factions Battle For Power (2340 Views)

Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Long Snake Killed At Apostolic Church In Lagos (Photos) / The Apostolic Church, Nigeria Gets New Leaders. (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crisis Rocks The Apostolic Church As Factions Battle For Power by aproko247: 12:09pm On Oct 23, 2016
Note: This is a very long interview granted a Pastor of the church. You might have to read the concluding part from the source because the interview is very long, but revealing and interesting. Happy reading.

All seems not well in The Apostolic Church, TAC, as different factions have emerged and accusing fingers being pointed at will.

One issue that is threatening to tear the church apart, we learnt, is tribalism.

In a recent interview, one of the pastors accused leadership of the church in Nigeria of fuelling the tribalism crisis.

Below is an account of the crisis as reported by The Mail:

The last is yet to be heard on the crisis rocking The Apostolic Church as the United States of America branch of the church has been submerged by the crisis which originated from Nigeria.

It is learnt that, presently, there are more than six factions of the church in America controlled by diverse factions of Pastors and members.

The two leading factions are that of the Yorubas headed Nigerian National President, Pastor Gabriel Olutola and that of the Akwa-Cross controlled by pastors from Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Rivers States and Abuja.

Report has it that Pastor Udoiyak, Pastor George, Pastor Afia and Pastor Isaiah, all from Akwa Ibom, are in support of Yoruba section of the church for fear of being victimised by the Yorubas in the Nigerian National Executive Council, having (allegedly) been given huge amount of money each time they travel with Olutola to United States to attend convention organized by the Yoruba section.

Speaking on the church crisis, the National Secretary of the church in North America, Pastor Kenneth Udo Ibok stated thus:

May we know you Sir?

My name is Apostle Kenneth Udo Ibok. I am the National Secretary of The Apostolic Church, North America. I hail from Eket Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. I came to United States in 1982. I am a lawyer by profession but before now, I was worked as a Journalist. I was called into the Lord’s vineyard in 1999 through the National President of The Apostolic Church in Canada, Pastor John Kristianson and was later confirmed a Pastor in 2002 by late Apostle U. T. Offong. I was ordained as an Apostle in 2012 by Abuja Field Superintendent, Late Apostle J. R. Akpan which after I was posted to serve in United States of America under Abuja Field. In 2013 we organised the Apostolic Church North America.

Can you tell us the history of The Apostolic Church in United States of America?

The Apostolic Church came to United States through members of the church from Nigeria who travelled down here individually and then decided to continue worshiping God as members of The Apostolic Church. They then started conducting church service in their homes with family members. Historically, in the early 1970s, The Apostolic Church USA was registered with Pastor Adeyinka and Pastor Akilowo who were all LAWNA pastors here in the US. That was when Late Pastor Jemigbon was LAWNA Territorial Chairman of The Apostolic Church in Nigeria. As at then, with their belief that United States of America was given to them to evangelize, anybody from another Nigerian Field or territory that attempted to establish The Apostolic Church in the US without passing through LAWNA was considered as a rival. That was why it took Akwa Ibom pastors until late 1990s to early 2000 to be able to establish The Apostolic Church in the US. However, the Adeyinka/Akilowo group broke out from LAWNA because they needed independence and had already started moves to get independence before the death of Pastor Jemigbon. When they broke away from LAWNA, they left with the registration of the church as The Apostolic Church USA. That was when the remaining LAWNA group controlled by the Nigerian leadership registered ‘The Apostolic Church USA Glorious Vision’. Later, Glorious Vision group thought of unifying with other sections like ours but with secret agenda of taking control of all the churches since their belief was that Yorubas owned The Apostolic Church in the US. To achieve their ill aim, they needed Akwa-Cross members with the intent of passing through them to get the support of the then National President, late Pastor E. E. Okon. As such, they gave the Akwa-Cross members the impression that the church would be one; with such impression, members of the church from Akwa Ibom and Cross River States joined them. Those from other Nigerian regions like the Igbos refused to join the Yorubas because maybe they had already foreseen the future of the unionism not working. Originally, individual members of the church used to gather either in their homes or shopping centres to conduct church services.

[Cut-in] …So presently, how many sections of The Apostolic Church are operating in United States of America?

As we are talking now, the sections of the church that are in operation include: The Apostolic Church USA, The Apostolic International, The Apostolic Church USA Glorious Vision, The Apostolic Church North America, The Apostolic Church North America-Texas as well as sections controlled by the Igbos. All these sections are control by different group of persons. For instance, The Apostolic Church USA is the majority group led by Pastor Adeyinka and Akilowo. They were the first set of LAWNA leaders that broke out from LAWNA leadership to be independent; 80% of them are Yorubas while the remaining 20% are Akwa Ibomites. The Apostolic Church International operates majorly in Washington DC and Maryland. Majority of members are Akwa Ibomites and Cross Riverians and also The Apostolic Church North America comprising members from Maritime Field, Akwa Ibom State Fields, Canada and United States, which is the group I belong. The Apostolic Church North America-Texas is the Yoruba group that broke away from us. It is being controlled by LAWNA territory in Nigeria headed by Pastor Olutola and that is the group Pastor Udoiyak, Pastor Isaiah, Pastor George, Pastor Afia and other Akwa Ibom Pastors in Nigeria associate with. I don’t think there is any Pastor from Cross River State that associates with them including those that reside in the US. The Apostolic Church International led by Akwa-Cross members broke away from The Apostolic Church USA because when late Apostle U. T. Offong came to United States and gave Akwa Ibom and Cross River indigenes the spiritual mandate to establish The Apostolic Church in the US, the leaders of The Apostolic Church USA led by the then late Jemigbon confronted the late Pastor Offong and asked him why he came to US to establish The Apostolic Church without their authority. That was why the Akwa-Cross members broke away from them.

How did The Apostolic Church Canada joined your group?

Initially, Pastor Udoiwud had lived in Canada when he was working there as Criminal psychologist. Before then, he had already met Pastor Kristianson who is now the National President of The Apostolic Church Canada in United Kingdom during a church conference. That was when his relationship with Pastor Kristianson started. So, when we registered the Church as The Apostolic Church North America, the church in Canada also joined us because Canada is also in North America.

Kindly read concluding part here: http://www.aproko247.com/2016/10/23/crisis-rocks-apostolic-church-factions-battle-power/

Re: Crisis Rocks The Apostolic Church As Factions Battle For Power by EHMIR(m): 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2016
Crisis in d house of the lord.

Christianity is another big scam,after amalgamation of nigeria
Re: Crisis Rocks The Apostolic Church As Factions Battle For Power by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
Politics in God's house

Haba!
Re: Crisis Rocks The Apostolic Church As Factions Battle For Power by oaroloye(m): 7:42am On Feb 12, 2017
This is an issue which should have been completely resolved by my Key Revelation concerning what the term "LOVE" in the New Testament really means, that most Christians do not know, nor care about.

Explantion of the Principle causing these conflicts, with a view to preventing them before they even start, is part of THE CELESTINE PROPHECY which I pointed out to you all, but was ignored.

(1) (Reply)

NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. / REPLACE that TABLE SALT with SEA SALT / Pastor W.F. Kumuyi Unites The Body Of Christ In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.