Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Recession: Sand Dredging Activities In Ilaje Bariga Stopped By Police - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Recession: Sand Dredging Activities In Ilaje Bariga Stopped By Police (618 Views)

Sand Dredging And Land Sand Filling / Sand Dredging: How To Make Millions Selling Sharp Sand / World Bank Says Nigeria Will Soon Recover From Economic Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Recession: Sand Dredging Activities In Ilaje Bariga Stopped By Police by Tripleoluwa(m): 8:14am On Oct 24, 2016
Registered manual sand dredging activities in Ilaje Bariga has been ongoing in that place for over 60 years. Just this January, gov Ambode came to visit the place, since then the Bariga DPO has not allowed dredging work to continue. He claimed the gov ordered it. But he did not show any formal document to back his claim.

He has since then been extorting money from the sand dredger association by portraying himself as being magnanimous and allowing the people to work under the cover of the night, whereas kickback were given to him on weekly basis. This illegality has been going on for 9 months now. The sand dredger association people stopped paying him(DPO), because they need to pay dues to LASG, but the DPO now threatened and wrote a petition against them, citing 'area boys' within the place as reason, thereby putting a total stop to work..

This is a call to the Lagos state commissioner of police, mr Fatai Awoseni, LASG, Lagos state ministry of Waterfronts and relevant agencies to come to aid on this matter and call the Bariga DPO to order, and also for LASG to clarify if such 'Stop Work' order emanated from them. Hundreds of people have been put out of work for the past 9months. Dredging properties worth millions of naira is damaging away for lack of use. I'm a graduate, but got no job. Its this sand business that paid my tuition fees when I was in school and its the same I'm doing now to feed myself. I drive tipper to make money to feed myself. Pleases help us

Mod please help move to fp. Thanks

Re: Recession: Sand Dredging Activities In Ilaje Bariga Stopped By Police by Tripleoluwa(m): 8:17am On Oct 24, 2016
Please help if you are in position to do so. This is not good because if this order did not come from LASG, its painting it in bad light. People are hungry. The association people are illiterate. They don't know where to turn to. Please help notify the appropriate authority about this. Please º°˚˚°ºo
Re: Recession: Sand Dredging Activities In Ilaje Bariga Stopped By Police by Tripleoluwa(m): 10:11am On Oct 24, 2016
Working class people are complaining, not to talk of people illegally stopped from working. Pls help us abeg

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Billionaire Tony Elumelu Bonds With Other Staff. See What He Did. PICS / CBN Grants Wi-pay Int’l Money Transfer Licence – Punch / Billionaire Ifeanyi Ubah: How Buhari Can Crash The Dollar/naira Disparity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.