Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,213 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Former Super Eagles Player, Brothers Charged With Fraud In England! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Former Super Eagles Player, Brothers Charged With Fraud In England! (852 Views)

EFCC Arrests Yahoo Soldier And 26 Others For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photos) / 80 Defendants In U.S. And Nigeria Charged With Cyberfraud, Money laundering / 'I Feed My 2 Wives, 7 Children With Fraud Money – Fake Police Officer Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Super Eagles Player, Brothers Charged With Fraud In England! by ToyinAspireBlog: 2:03am On Oct 25, 2016
International football star Efetobore Peter "Efe" who plays as a central defender for Macclesfield Town and who has notably represented Nigeria in the 2000 African Cup of Nations and the 2002 World Cup is reportedly wanted for crimes related to fraudulent trading.

The former Super Eagles World Cup star and three of his brothers have been charged at the Westminster Magistrates Court in England.

According to an official statement posted on the United Kingdom’s National Crime Agency (NCA) website on Saturday, a former Super Eagles player, Efetobore Sodje, and three of his brothers, Bright, 50; Samuel, 37; and Stephen, 42; will appear at the Westminster Magistrates Court on November 16 to answer charges related to“fraudulent trading.”

Premium Times reported that the NCA stated that the accused who were earlier arrested on July 13 and subsequently released on bail, were charged last Friday in court after a three-year investigation into “alleged irregularities at the Sodje Sports Foundation”.

The Sodje Sports Foundation was registered on March 1, 2010, and was disbanded on January 22, 2015. The foundation has a motley of clearly unrelated aims, according to its record retrieved by the publication from website of the UK Charity Commission.

Some of its stated aims were to relieve poverty, advance good health in people through the provision of facilities in playing amateur sports and the promotion of lifelong learning, leadership skills and health issues such as HIV/AIDS, drug abuse, and nutrition. It also claimed to be focused on dealing with human rights violations such as“discrimination, equality and diversity issues (whether relating to race, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or religion).”

Efetobore, the most popular of the Sodje brothers, played in the defence for the Super Eagles, the Nigerian senior national football team, at the 2000 African Cup of Nations, and the 2002 World Cup in South Korea and Japan. The bandana-wearing defender had 12 caps scoring one goal in a 2-1 friendly win over the Republic of Ireland.

He was born in England and his footballing career included stint at clubs such as Huddersfield Town, Southend United, Crewe Alexandra, Bury and Macclesfield Town.

His other football-playing brother, Sam, did not play for the Nigeria national team but also had a good footballing career. He played in the English Premiership for Watford and West Brom.

Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Brothers Charged With Fraud In England! by LecciGucci: 2:09am On Oct 25, 2016
I no know am!.
All d same i wish him freedom!
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Brothers Charged With Fraud In England! by bigtt76(f): 2:26am On Oct 25, 2016
Nike nor try shaaa! What rubbish color be dis angry
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Brothers Charged With Fraud In England! by bennymark(m): 6:19am On Oct 25, 2016
Me sef I no know them, may God grant them amnesty

LecciGucci:
I no know am!.
All d same i wish him freedom!

1 Like

Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Brothers Charged With Fraud In England! by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 25, 2016
Mynd44 - come fast angry
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Brothers Charged With Fraud In England! by dotman4real007(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
NGOs are now used for fraud.
Re: Former Super Eagles Player, Brothers Charged With Fraud In England! by tyson98: 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
I remember this guy back in the dayz

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria SSS, “tortured” Man To Death; Then Paid Family N15 Million To Keep Mum / FG Comes To The Rescue Of Inmates Whose Photos Went Viral After Man Wrote About / Man Stabs His 9-year-old Daughter To Death Because Wife Left Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.