Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Evolution, Science And God... - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Evolution, Science And God... (556 Views)

Oyo State Science And Technology Summit (OYSTS) / Africa: Science And Technology Development; Pics, Articles And Videos / Scientists Quotes And God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evolution, Science And God... by toby2(m): 7:25am On Oct 25, 2016
First i'll say 'piss on y'll all' u say creation is a myth and evolution is real... Hmmm i will like to as if any of u ever observe one? Science talks about millions or billions of years before, my question is WAS ANY OF U AROUND THEN? u talk of dalton observing birds for a few decades and #gbam! Came to a conclusion... Have u ever observe how close and at the same time different u look from ur parent? Check ur lineage and see the pattern of improvements that r made... But does that change u from being a human being? Have u thought of y only u fertilized ur mommas egg and not others? Have u tried to look at life in the 3d(body, soul and spirit) version? Jus like ur parents doesnt necessarily need to bring ur birth cert to prove u r 'em parents, so also God. Some scientists chose to believe in evolution, some, creation, why? We all wanna believe in something. They chose theirs i chose mine. We all do. So ur reasons are urs, mine, mine. Some believe in evolution jus to mock God, alas! He is wicked to some, and good to some, it depends on the side of the fence that u r on. An outsider on seeing a father beat his child blue black sees him as wicked while the son thinks not... Check the pages of the bible and u will see it all written there. He is God, He can't be pridicted, cos u can't contain Him to a box, He can't be defined, measured or analysed, that is y He called Himself 'I AM WHAT U SAY I AM' was Solomon the most righteous? No, but He choses to comfound the world with his wisdom, riches etc, Moses was a stutter, but He decided to show him what no man ever saw... So u all should give this matter a rest, if its too complicated to believe someone made the world and gave man the power to continue where He stopped, knowing man is god also, then go hug transformer.
My point is, God created all things, and and gave evolution(to adapt to whichever environment they find themselves) to make sure they continue filling the earth.
#tobinco55
Re: Evolution, Science And God... by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
First off, I would like you to know that it was not "dalton" that observed the Finches, it was Darwin. If you're going to pretend defiance, at least get your facts straight undecided undecided

Now let's get into your "article". You have this misnomer/ misimpression that Evolution was a hastily approved theories based on 1 example. No, it's not. Evolution is a theory that culminated from years and years of careful observance by the erstwhile Charles Darwin and careful studies and observance of species today show it to be true.
Since its inception, it has been brutally fought against by feeble, insecure minds, who want to, who need to believe it is wrong......... And yet, it has always stood strong.

You then say that because Humans were not around during the eras dated through palentologists, we cannot say what happened then.

SIMPLE QUESTION : YOU WERE NOT BORN A HUNDRED YEARS AGO, HOW DO YOU KNOW OF DALTON'S DARWIN'S EXISTENCE

By other records ; of course ; different from direct visual confirmation but still close therewith.

Same with the dating of how life tulmutously emerged from the chaos of life.

Archaeologists, palenteologists, and evolutionary biologists date life by examining fossil remains ( which are way older than 6000 years by the way); and its mordern predecessor.
You'll be amazed at how many species have existed and gone extinct before ours.

Read, mein, read!!!

Next you move to say that <s>the christian</s> God is the creator of life and then share your view of how he is.

Well, while I personally skepticize and doubt, Evolution is in no way related to God's existence or non-existence.

Same way with the metaphysical questions, you re asking.

Look, Evolution <i>is</i>. It's a biological process that has been going on before we were born, before our species existed and will go on after we die, or go extinct.

Like it or hate it, it will continue.

Just because man has this egoistical belief that he is the reason for this earth does not mean it's true.

Man is made for Nature and not viceversa and the sooner you accept, the better
Re: Evolution, Science And God... by toby2(m): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
SirWere:
First off, I would like you to know that it was not "dalton" that observed the Finches, it was Darwin. If you're going to pretend defiance, at least get your facts straight undecided undecided

Now let's get into your "article". You have this misnomer/ misimpression that Evolution was a hastily approved theories based on 1 example. No, it's not. Evolution is a theory that culminated from years and years of careful observance by the erstwhile Charles Darwin and careful studies and observance of species today show it to be true.
Since its inception, it has been brutally fought against by feeble, insecure minds, who want to, who need to believe it is wrong......... And yet, it has always stood strong.

You then say that because Humans were not around during the eras dated through palentologists, we cannot say what happened then.

SIMPLE QUESTION : YOU WERE NOT BORN A HUNDRED YEARS AGO, HOW DO YOU KNOW OF DALTON'S DARWIN'S EXISTENCE

By other records ; of course ; different from direct visual confirmation but still close therewith.

Same with the dating of how life tulmutously emerged from the chaos of life.

Archaeologists, palenteologists, and evolutionary biologists date life by examining fossil remains ( which are way older than 6000 years by the way); and its mordern predecessor.
You'll be amazed at how many species have existed and gone extinct before ours.

Read, mein, read!!!

Next you move to say that <s>the christian</s> God is the creator of life and then share your view of how he is.

Well, while I personally skepticize and doubt, Evolution is in no way related to God's existence or non-existence.

Same way with the metaphysical questions, you re asking.

Look, Evolution <i>is</i>. It's a biological process that has been going on before we were born, before our species existed and will go on after we die, or go extinct.

Like it or hate it, it will continue.

Just because man has this egoistical belief that he is the reason for this earth does not mean it's true.

Man is made for Nature and not viceversa and the sooner you accept, the better
thank u Sir, I made a mistake while typing. Second, I am quiet aware of the fact that the earth and some of its content have been around for quite a long time u see. And I agree that evolution is part of the process that ensures the continuity of life. What I don't agree with is that how is it possible for something to evolve into existence, how is it possible for evolution to give birth to an entirely new specie that was never in existence in the first place. Thank u sir
Re: Evolution, Science And God... by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
toby2:
thank u Sir, I made a mistake while typing. Second, I am quiet aware of the fact that the earth and some of its content have been around for quite a long time u see. And I agree that evolution is part of the process that ensures the continuity of life. What I don't agree with is that how is it possible for something to evolve into existence, how is it possible for evolution to give birth to an entirely new specie that was never in existence in the first place. Thank u sir

First off; evolution doesn't deal with the processes that led to the formation of a living cell. Evolution deals with already existing organisms.

That particular field of study is called Abiogenesis. It's a fascinating field of topic with brilliant scientists working on it.
However, if you're not biologically inclined; I doubt you'll appreciate it.

Secondly; a specie does not directly GIVE birth to a new specie. That is absurd and totally against the laws of nature. Mango trees will always produce mangos.

Amphibians will always birth amphibians.

However........
Consider a group of amphibians who find themselves in a precarious solution. Amphibians; as a rule, prefer to stay close to water and moist places.

However, consider this group of amphibians who 'discover' that their river is drying.......SLOWLY. Or their eggs are being hunted by predators in the water. Or their food is at a farther distance from the water.
Or a combination of all three and more really.
Now, what do these amphibians do
They slowly EVOLVE. Their genes recognize the need to ADAPT to the NEW environments and begins to make deliberate mistake...........or perfections when copying gene codes for future generations. It depends on your viewpoint really.

How does the mutations work?

First; the new generation might develop greater tolerance to the terrestial environment. They might not find it difficult to go to less moist environment. They will probably find it easy to leave water sources except to come back maybe to lay eggs.

Their lungs would be greatly developed and more adapted to breathing dry air.

All these would take place in thousands of generation; of course. It can take up to 100,000 years in some cases!!

This new intermediates; although still called amphibians; would have obviously more advanced features than their other members and would eventually outlive the remaining species.

Mean while; These intermediates may give birth to more mutants; mutants who would not even return to water anymore for any reason. These mutants would have dry scales; would lay hard eggs and would be able to survive in very harsh environmental conditions.........

These mutants would be............. REPTILES!!

And just like that; amphibians would transition into reptiles; a different set of animals.

I guess, when you really look at it; evolution shows us the inter-connectivity all animals have with each other.....

The cells that comprises you could easily have been the cells of a turtle, beetle or even a gorilla!!

That's life, bro.

That's evolution.......as I can explain it.

There are many excellent references and places where you can read up on evolution.

I'll recommend UC Berkely webpage on evolution; they break it down and deal with misconceptions; such as the ones you have......bro.

(1) (Reply)

How many nairalanders ever did this? (photo) / Ferdinand Magellen - The Greatest Naval Explorer Of All Time / Buy Etisalat Data!!! 1gb At 500; 2.1gb At 1000; 3.3gb At 1500 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.