Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,941 members, 7,956,556 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:56 PM

Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office (3563 Views)

Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! / Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' / Stephanie Okereke's New American Movie "through The Glass" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by AloyEmeka6: 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2009
Steph’s Through the Glass goes to Ghana, Kenya ….grosses N10m

Showtime PeopleOct 17, 2009

After it premiered three weeks ago with a bang in Nigeria, Stephanie Okereke’s award-winning movie, Through the Glass is surely enjoying acclamation across the world.
The movie has astounded all critics by grossing a N10m in the Nigerian  box office within the last three weeks of its release.

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=4eeGzjzG82qgURF4IgoNUi6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxRJ9e4aYEZXMJf8rAUDFPS9nW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
Caterina, John Fashanu and Stephanie Okereke

The management of Silverbird film distribution disclosing this figure last week, said Through the Glass released across the country’s cinemas on September 16, beats such blockbuster Hollywood films like ‘Public Enemies”, “G.I Joe”, “Hang Over” amongst other thrilling films also on release about the same time in Nigeria to come top on the chart.
“We want to announce to you that Through the Glass, a Next Page Productions film, produced and directed by Nollywood’s  A- rated star actress, Stephanie Okereke has astounded all critics by grossing a N10 million in the Nigerian Box Office.”
“The was released across Nigerian Cinemas on September 16th. At that time, there were such blockbuster Hollywood films like ‘Public Enemies”, “G.I.Joe”,
“Hangover…’also on release in Nigeria but amazingly, from day one, Through the Glass jumped to the top and remained in number one position for 2 weeks,”disclosed Silverbird management, adding that ‘We continue to encourage film makers and call on them to sit up and do what is good for the cinemas.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/17/steph%E2%80%99s-through-the-glass-goes-to-ghana-kenya-grosses-n10m/

The multi-million movie, theatrically  distributed in Africa by Silverbird Film Distribution  is expected to premiere at the Silverbird Ghana Cinemas next month, before moving over to Silverbird Cinemas in Kenya.
Also, United International Pictures, a South African based film distribution company is said to have indicated interest in distributing the movie in South Africa. Meanwhile, Steph, while speaking on what inspired her to make the movie said, ‘ I have a desire to do it right, and I felt that was an opportunity for me to do just that and I did.”
Steph who is the only African featured in the movie added that, quality production, good storyline and acting are some of the attributes that stands her move out from others.”
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by AloyEmeka6: 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2009
I am guessing they pay appropriate taxes to the Nigerian government.
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by Akanniade(m): 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2009
whats the hype all about ? its less than $100k
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by AloyEmeka6: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2009
Its a big break from Nigerian standards.
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by oge4real(f): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2009
This is a welcome development, but i still do not understand why she decided to use non-Africans, does that mean she has no faith in her roots?
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by semid4lyfe(m): 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2009
Hmmm, Impressive! I've heard so much about this movie. I even saw the highlights of the red carpet premiere on STV. I hope the film is worth all the hype and just not another Jennifer.
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by Princek12(m): 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2009
Congrats to her, but I hope the movie does not suffer from Identity crisis. I will like to see the movie to note her concept, how she enmeshes Nigerian culture with western culture, her motives for using mostly foreign actresses, and the interplay between Nigerian actresses with the western actresses as well as Nollywood with Hollywood. I am curious. She is an awesome lady.
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by koolchicco: 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

I am guessing they pay appropriate taxes to the Nigerian government.

Na 2day? undecided undecided
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by nellaluv(f): 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2009
How come Aloy emeka's topic always makes d frontpage. Seun is biased. tongue
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by bechex(m): 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2009
I don watch the film jare, it was not bad, but according to my standard, it was just another Nigerian movie acted by white people lol. that's my honest and unbiased submission.
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by koolchicco: 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2009
nellaluv:

How come Aloy emeka's topic always makes d frontpage. Seun is biased. tongue

Why u dey beef my Bros na? tongue

Abeg leave Seun outta dis oooo!
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by toideve(m): 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2009
i think i should see the movie again
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 25, 2009
the big question is - did she break even?
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by jeffoski(m): 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2009
i guess the flim got hyped becos most of the cast are white and taking insturction from blacks not just Blacks but a Nigerian Woman.she really took a bold steps that involved some serious risk but am glad she was able to pull it off.Am sure her next movie will be better and she might mixed the cast with both Forigen and Local Actors.Trust Naija na now dem go start to they copy everyone too will want to start folling her fottstpes i just pray they don't spoli it and ruin everything.AND PLS THEY SHOULS STAY CLEAR FROM PART 1-4 VIRUS
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by muffins(f): 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2009
Stephanie Okereke is now as fat as my dog. cry
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by Kunbee: 11:25pm On Oct 25, 2009
Mama gee she is not fat ooo
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by ritaNL: 12:45am On Oct 26, 2009
I hope she can keep this up.
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by Nezan(m): 10:48am On Oct 26, 2009
Identity crisis . . . I like that analysis.
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by chosen04(f): 10:57am On Oct 26, 2009
So how much was the previous record by a Nigerian Movie?. Cos 10m is too chicken change to make headlines.
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by C2H5OH(f): 10:59am On Oct 26, 2009
Is it any good? What is it about? I might wanna check the flick out. I love me some tall dark hunnies.
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by koolchicco: 11:03am On Oct 26, 2009
chosen04:

So how much was the previous record by a Nigerian Movie?. Cos 10m is too chicken change to make headlines.

Exactly my point! N10m only? undecided
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by jmoore(m): 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2009
10 million naira is less than $100,000. Whats the hype? I will only applaud if it breaks the usa market
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by jmoore(m): 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2009
10 million naira is less than $100,000. Whats the hype? I will only applaud if it breaks the usa market
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by toideve(m): 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2009
wait a second, is it 10m naira or dollar ?
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by maedan(f): 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2009
They say it's a multi-million movie. Multi-million what, naira or dollars, so we can know if she's making any profit with the N10m at the box office.

But why am I not surprised it made so much at the BO?? Considering how much Nigerians love their home videos (even Mnet had to create AfricanMagic to satisfy the needs of the home video fans tongue) I'd expect it to beat even the biggest Hollywood blockbuster if it was showing at the same times at the cinema.

All said and done, white cast or not, the girl has made a giant leap. But like it has been said, hope the Nigerian copy-cat syndrome doesn't raise its big head cheesy.

BTW, what's the movie about??
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by fekwenugo2: 2:39pm On Oct 26, 2009
Those wey never watch am dey criticize am already.Those wey don watch am dey criticize am, abeg which kind
bad belle all of una get.If u no like d movie, do ur own make we watch na, Nigerians will never appreciate anytin dat is theirs except it belongs to sm1 else
4rm another country, i tire.
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by alanbolo(m): 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2009
fekwenugo2:

Those wey never watch am dey criticize am already.Those wey don watch am dey criticize am, abeg which kind
bad belle all of una get.If u no like d movie, do your own make we watch na, Nigerians will never appreciate anytin dat is theirs except it belongs to sm1 else
4rm another country, i tire.

True Talk,
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by AloyEmeka6: 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2009
jmoore:

Is the movie a US movie?. How many German, Spanish, South African, Congolese, Russian, Australian, Vietnamese etc movies measure the success of their movies from the US market?. A movie that was obviously made with less than $50K trying to compete with multi million dollar hollywood projects?.

If you want to compare, this is the question you should ask:

How many Hollywood movies have hit N5m-N10M in Nigeria's box office?. One thing is making a movie, another is if the audience you are targeting are affluent enough to afford your work. You ought to applaud the girl because I don't know what else will make Nigerians to come out and show support like this apart from soccer games and watching Beyonce perform.

It also shows that NGO's can raise occasional fund from making cheap good movies. [b]Kanu heart foundation [/b]should take note.
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by tombeh(m): 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2009
she deserves more than that, But will she keep it up?
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by puskin: 1:12am On Oct 27, 2009
In Nigeria, 10million 4rm cinemas alone, not 2mention sales 4rm yet-to-come DVD's.
Anybody who says she hasn't tried go and produce/direct ur own so we can watch.
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by Kunbee: 1:58am On Oct 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

Is it any good? What is it about? I might wanna check the flick out. I love me some tall dark hunnies.

Hmmmmm *shakes head*
Re: Stephan Okereke's Through The Glass Grosses N10m @ The Box Office by C2H5OH(f): 6:18am On Oct 27, 2009
Lol kun kun mi kekere. omo ti o bad. how far jare, bawo ni?
wetin dey jealous you? na me say make you pupa like yello paw paw?

(1) (2) (Reply)

VIDEO : ‘house Of Gold’ [trailer] Ft Ice Prince, Omawumi, Yvonne Nelson / Lovers Of Movies...movie Teaser!!! / A Village In Africa (part 1) - 2016 Latest Nollywood Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.