Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Stopping Web Flash Banners Theft - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Stopping Web Flash Banners Theft (637 Views)

Best Wordpress Plugin Stopping Spamming Registration / Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft / Javascript Code To Make Rolling Banners/images (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stopping Web Flash Banners Theft by Awardspace(m): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2009
STOPPING WEB FLASH BANNERS THEFT

Stealing someone's intellectual properties rights or pirating them or copying and retouching to use in any medium is actually a very serious issue. In countries like United States of America, an offender is always paraded before an authority in charge of such irregularities but here in Nigeria just little of the enforcement is actually active.

Just recently, one of my Maskheads was copied just like that.

I am searching for real script that stops copying of active flash banners on the web. I will appreciate anyone who will help me with what code or script or any tested method that will do the magic.

==========================================================================================================

You guyz are great and I beleive in naija so much although, I have not tried all your solutions to this issue of flash banner theft but I believe it will work.

I will do just that and come back to appreciate when it perfectly work.
Re: Stopping Web Flash Banners Theft by kolitos007: 8:12pm On Oct 25, 2009
Hello, I thinkt he best way to help yourself with this is by using swfobjects, google it and read about it, this way no one will be able to copy your flash file.
Re: Stopping Web Flash Banners Theft by tomX1(m): 8:20am On Oct 26, 2009
A simple way is to create a dummy banner with a script in it to load the real banner as a movie. Users will not notice the difference but when someone downloads the page he only gets the blank dummy banner.
Re: Stopping Web Flash Banners Theft by kolitos007: 8:39am On Oct 26, 2009
@tomX:

A simple way is to create a dummy banner with a script in it to load the real banner as a movie. Users will not notice the difference but when someone downloads the page he only gets the blank dummy banner.

Well mate, if you notice, that is what swfobject does for you.
Re: Stopping Web Flash Banners Theft by WebMonk(m): 10:34am On Oct 26, 2009
@tomX:

A simple way is to create a dummy banner with a [action][/b]script in it to load the real banner as a movie. Users will not notice the difference but when someone downloads the page he only gets the blank dummy banner.

^^ Wow, nice.

@Poster: In addition to tomX, you could get a flash obfuscator that scrambles the actionscript inside a flash (swf) file, to [b]protect the URL of the actual flash animation from being revealed by flash decompilers
Re: Stopping Web Flash Banners Theft by hostmot(f): 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2009
That sir, is the bane of the internet.

Intellectual property is hard to protect once it gets online even in those countries you have mentioned.

Concerning the topic, like my predecessors have pointed out, I would google for flash obfuscators and tutorials on how to prevent flash theft.

Olawunmi,
Hostmot Sales Rep. (www.hostmot.com)
Re: Stopping Web Flash Banners Theft by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 04, 2009
you cant hide anything, no matter the logic you apply, as long as it can show up in a web browser.

(1) (Reply)

Sms Gateway Needed Urgently / Review / Anyone In The House With A 10 -15,000 Word It Project Topic In Database/others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.