Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Which Offer Do I Accept? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Offer Do I Accept? (1528 Views)

Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? / Which Offer Should I Go For / Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Offer Do I Accept? by MOBI4PAT: 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2016
Please I need good advice from you. I worked for a logistics company from July 2012 and resigned on February 29, 2016. Fast -forward to October 2016, I received a call from the then Assistant General Manager, who now works for another logistics company, to come and work with him in his new place of work. A week later, I received a call from the General Manager of my former place of work also requesting that I come back and work with them with a higher salary which is about 20k higher than what the other company is offering.
Please which one do I accept?
Re: Which Offer Do I Accept? by sparko1(m): 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
MOBI4PAT:
Please I need good advice from you. I worked for a logistics company from July 2012 and resigned on February 29, 2016. Fast -forward to October 2016, I received a call from the then Assistant General Manager, who now works for another logistics company, to come and work with him in his new place of work. A week later, I received a call from the General Manager of my former place of work also requesting that I come back and work with them with a higher salary which is about 20k higher than what the other company is offering.
Though I don't have much experience on issues like this, but I think you left your former place for a reason, going back might not be a good idea.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Offer Do I Accept? by excess4luv: 1:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
whatever reason(s) you left the former place needs a review not the price. The new place may not be a bad place since it came from recommendation.

what do I even know..

3 Likes

Re: Which Offer Do I Accept? by SoNature(m): 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
For me, this story is incomplete because you should have stated why you quit your job.

The truth is, this whole thing is dicey because people always say that the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.

On the other hand, if you return to your former company, your employer may start feeling you are unemployable and have no choice that's why you are coming back.

Help us to help you...if the flaws which made you quit your former job have been fixed, please return there asap because I also believe in the school of thought that says the devil you know...(you know the rest).

3 Likes

Re: Which Offer Do I Accept? by BrilliantMind: 2:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
MOBI4PAT:
pls contact me Asap or send me your number
Re: Which Offer Do I Accept? by MOBI4PAT: 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
BrilliantMind:

pls contact me Asap or send me your number
Re: Which Offer Do I Accept? by MOBI4PAT: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2016
SoNature:

For me, this story is incomplete because you should have stated why you quit your job.

The truth is, this whole thing is dicey because people always say that the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.

On the other hand, if you return to your former company, your employer may start feeling you are unemployable and have no choice that's why you are coming back.

Help us to help you...if the flaws which made you quit your former job have been fixed, please return there asap because I also believe in the school of thought that says the devil you know...(you know the rest).
Thanks so much.
The major reason why i threw in the towel was that one of the directors felt uneasy cos I am related to the General Manager. Also, the company has been owing arrears of salaries (up to 5 months).
Note that my performances were outstanding all through my stay there. I was promoted trice in two years and had no disciplinary issues, not even a single query in my file.
Re: Which Offer Do I Accept? by adeborode: 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
MOBI4PAT:
pls ,how can I get a job in one of these logistic companies, I have great experience in logistic work,but I don't knw Any logistic company pls help me bro,I work as a contract staff in logistic department of Nigeria breweries,but I want to move on pls help me bro.this is my watapp number 08059066742.
Re: Which Offer Do I Accept? by Ngenge(m): 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
One of the director feeling uneasy because u are related to d general manager can come up again even if s/he is no longer there. They have been oweing about 5 months of salary arrears? What is d probability that they wont owe again? Go for the new place of work if all other things are equal.
Re: Which Offer Do I Accept? by guiddoti: 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
excess4luv:

whatever reason(s) you left the former place needs a review not the price. The new place may not be a bad place since it came from recommendation.

what do I even know..
you know it because your point carries weight for op to weigh. There must be reasons why op left his former place. He should consider that too in his decision.
Re: Which Offer Do I Accept? by aodis: 12:41am On Feb 04, 2017
MOBI4PAT:

. Hi

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed / Graduate Front Desk Officers/receptionists Recruitment At Iconview De-luxe Ltd / Junior Engineer Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.