Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Does God Really See The Future??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really See The Future??? (774 Views)

Does God Really Know The Future? / Is God Really Omniscient?? / Does God Really Answer Prayers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Really See The Future??? by Tonyosas101(m): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
No offence to my Christian brothers & sisters in the house, am just a curious one who desire answers and I want to learn from the scholars

Do not add to his words or he Wll rebuke you and prove you a liar" {proverb 30:5-6}
Do not go beyond what is written (1Corinthians 4:6)

I was taught that the lord sees the FUTURE and the lord made us in his kind but what I don't understand is when I got to read Genesis 6:6 "the LORD REGRETTED that he had made human beings on earth"

Please I need answers because its contradictory
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by GRIMMJOE(m): 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
Religion? i s nothing but lies

1 Like

Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by Tonyosas101(m): 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2016
Nah wah ooo...someone sent me a funny joke (illustration) about Exodus 2:11-12 and its kinda crack my ribs grin grin
Would have post it here but someone persons noh get chill at all

Still waiting for answers ooo @Topic
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
He was he wouldn't be a jealous and angry God.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by felixomor1: 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
Tonyosas101:
No offence to my Christian brothers & sisters in the house, am just a curious one who desire answers and I want to learn from the scholars

Do not add to his words or he Wll rebuke you and prove you a liar" {proverb 30:5-6}
Do not go beyond what is written (1Corinthians 4:6)

I was taught that the lord sees the FUTURE and the lord made us in his kind but what I don't understand is when I got to read Genesis 6:6 "the LORD REGRETTED that he had made human beings on earth"

Please I need answers because its contradictory

Do u know what figurative exaggerations are?

Besides if you listen to everyday conversations between a stubborn child and his parents regularly, that part of the bible should not surprise you.
It doesnt reduce the love or value that parent has for his son.
God has emotions just like every parent for His children.
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by Tonyosas101(m): 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
felixomor1:

Do u know what figurative exaggerations are?

Besides if you listen to everyday conversations between a stubborn child and his parents regularly, that part of the bible should not surprise you.
It doesnt reduce the love or value that parent has for his son.
God has emotions just like every parent for His children.
hmmmmm, you don't get it...don't ever try to compare a God ( he sees the future) to parents( who doesn't know what his/her will become tomorrow)
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by felixomor1: 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
Tonyosas101:
hmmmmm, you don't get it...don't ever try to compare a God ( he sees the future) to parents( who doesn't know what his/her will become tomorrow)

Sorry, sometimes even if i see something in a vision before it happens.
As as happened different times before.
I still express emotions, when the event comes to pass.

Or does ability to know the future surpress emotions?
I dont think so.
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by taurus25(m): 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
Thats just an appetizer in the bounquets of contradictions contained in the bible. Abrahamic gods clearly exhibits human emotions and behaviours

To me, im not suprised because the writers of the bible wrote from their level of human and emotional intelligence.

The books are scientifically poor and inaccurate, mysogynistic, tribaliatic, racist, in many cases lunatic. All of these which are epitomes of the human societies when they were written.
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by Tonyosas101(m): 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
felixomor1:

Sorry, sometimes even if i see something in a vision before it happens.
As as happened different times before.
I still express emotions, when the event comes to pass.

Or does ability to know the future surpress emotions?
I dont think so.
you still ain't getting it...he sees the future and he can easily put it right so he won't regret it

Just stop quoting me cos you don't have any answer
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by felixomor1: 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
Tonyosas101:
you still ain't getting it...he sees the future and he can easily put it right so he won't regret it

Just stop quoting me cos you don't have any answer

Sorry.
Your argument is flawed.
What if I told you all these are all preparation for a better heaven and earth in the future hence God allowing it happen?
You are only using the Omniscient nature and ability to back up your argument.

Continue.
cool
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by Tonyosas101(m): 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2016
felixomor1:

Sorry.
Your argument is flawed.
What if I told you all these are all preparation for a better heaven and earth in the future hence God allowing it happen?
You are only using the Omniscient nature and ability to back up your argument.

Continue.
cool

Then tell someone to omit genesis 6:6 from the bible.
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by felixomor1: 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
Tonyosas101:

Then tell someone to omit genesis 6:6 from the bible.

Sorry, it cant be ommitted. It has its purpose.

God's word is not a political speech That must be tailored to fit a "fleshy" description of perfect.
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by Tonyosas101(m): 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
felixomor1:

Sorry, it cant be ommitted. It has its purpose.

God's word is not a political speech That must be tailored to fit a "fleshy" description of perfect.
oooooh! Really! I think you need to see this rockingodshouse.com/why-were-14-books-apocrypha-removed-from-the-bible-in-1881/
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by felixomor1: 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
Tonyosas101:
oooooh! Really! I think you need to see this rockingodshouse.com/why-were-14-books-apocrypha-removed-from-the-bible-in-1881/

If u read the article.
The author clearly posts a disclaimer.
".......

And, to be clear, John is not saying that the Apocrypha is the inspired Word of God. Also, Rocking God’s House is not necessarily endorsing John’s viewpoint or the viewpoints of those commenting.
"..........."

Disadvantages of just using random google to support arguments.
cool
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by Tonyosas101(m): 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
felixomor1:

If u read the article.
The author clearly posts a disclaimer.
".......

And, to be clear, John is not saying that the Apocrypha is the inspired Word of God. Also, Rocking God’s House is not necessarily endorsing John’s viewpoint or the viewpoints of those commenting.
"..........."

Disadvantages of just using random google to support arguments.
cool
nah wah for you ooo...I read other people's perspective before talking but you're just kin to just one because of your background...your biz Bro
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by Elthugnificent(m): 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
Sure he does, but whenever we do the contrary it is called free will. So either way he does. Lol.

Believe that and you can believe anything.
Re: Does God Really See The Future??? by Tonyosas101(m): 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
Elthugnificent:
Sure he does, but whenever we do the contrary it is called free will. So either way he does. Lol.

Believe that and you can believe anything.
good one there

Can you explain you signature for me please

(1) (Reply)

Port-hacourt Pastor Marries A Third Wife (photos) / Nigerians Need A Prophet Like Elijah. / COZA; Massive Endorsement From Creflo Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.