Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum (1376 Views)

Beware Some Househelps Are Sexual Predators / Kenya: Sharon And Melon Are Identical Twins, DNA Test Reveals / Why Do Underage Children Learn Karate These Days? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum by naijainfogalery: 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2016
The issue of rape has become a global problem that some some elderly women in a slum in Nairobi, Kenya are resorting to martial arts and physical combats to fight off rapists from raping their victims.

These women who ranges between 50 years of age and about 80 years as shown in the AJ+ video are learning teaching each other fighting skills that would help them ward off attackers.

The leader of the group Mrs Jane a 55-year-old woman as in fact fought and dealt with a would be rapist , a man who tried to rape her once. She said ‘He touched my neck and I boxed him,’.

The women who are about 20 , including an 85-year-old, gather weekly for training. It is quite unfortunate that the country couldn’t provide security for these women that they had to fight rape by themselves.

Source http://www.naijanani.com/meet-kenyas-karate-grannies-they-fight-off-sexual-predators-in-the-slums-of-nairobi/
Re: Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum by naijainfogalery: 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
Re: Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum by benedictnsi(m): 4:04pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lol....... Lwkm

No time weh this Barack Obama's Country no d make person laugh grin

People selling Kung Fu movies will really be making it there big time grin
Re: Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum by Raydos: 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
oh my gosh! this is just too funny!
Re: Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
grin lol

Hi Im Levii WesT

my song dropping soon!!
Re: Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum by ElsonMorali: 4:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
grin grin I just can't stop laffing
Re: Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum by ezechueze(m): 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2016
It will never be well with rapists

2 Likes

Re: Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum by austine4real(m): 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
grin grin grin grin
KO SI ARUGBO NGHANA

OLD SOLDIERS NEVA DIE grin grin grin
Re: Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum by naijainfogalery: 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
These women got no chill
Re: Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 27, 2016
My aunty must be from Kenya
That's why she told my able-bodied dad that she will beat him up and my stubborn dad just kept his cool grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Kenya’s Karate Grannies That Fight Off Sexual Predators In Nairobi Slum by Fidha254(m): 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
the articles says.....It is quite unfortunate that the country couldn’t provide security for these women that they had to fight rape by themselves.

Whi died and gave this writter the moral authority to write such a thing? How many people are kidnapped (most of whome are women) everyday in nigeria... half of the kidnapped end up sexually assauletd one way or the other.... just imagin all the women kidnapped by BH,....

You cant really arrest someone for bieng a 'potantial rapist'.... even 1st world countries with best security cannot provide enough security to prevent a person from bieng raped.... The best they can do is arrest the perpetrator but in most times the raping would have already happen.....Thats why those wimen are taking charge, they are learning to defend themselves, because in all rape senarios, those women dont really need to neutralize their attackers , all the need is just a few seconds to disable there attackers who are probably stronger than them just to give them enough time to run away or call for help...........

This is how women should stand up for themsleves, they shouldnt be victimes of men all the time..... even kim kardashian could have been raped in paris that tme she was tied up in her own hotel by robbers...France is a first world country and kim has personal bodygurads but still she was tied on her room for several minutes... imagin what can happen in an empty dark coner for an old lady ... and then the writter goes like...'oh its unfortunate that the country couldnt provide security for these women' ...my foot

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Avoid Adultery In Your Marriage / Express Your Emotions - Write A Short Letter To Your Dad! / What Will You Do If You Catch Your Brother-in-law Beating Your Sister?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.