Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,533 members, 7,958,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:17 PM

Book Review- Beyond Mere Words - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Book Review- Beyond Mere Words (495 Views)

Book Review: Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous / Book Review: +234, An Awkward Guide To Being A Nigerian / Book Review: The Lion And The Jewel By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Book Review- Beyond Mere Words by Niftyrules(m): 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lawyers are very crafty, analytic and could also be referred to as good legal-case drivers. Their arguments are always spiced with proofs and choices to pick from where the final decision of the judge is concerned. And then when a legal practitioner woos a lady of his choice, what will you expect? Adam’s careful proposal to Francy and his bait-like offers presented should be well applauded in the whole of this book. His careful use of words and patience deployed to getting innocent Italian Francy was quite laudable for what some may call a sharp shooter’s approach to get the big game. He had carefully lined up activities even before the days unfold for Francy up to a point where she was totally hooked and couldn’t let go. Well if I may say, it was a struggle that was really worth it, had Francy changed her mind, and then it would have been another thing light-hearted Prosecutor from Howard County will have to battle with for the rest of his bachelor’s life.

Jane’s act of switching too swiftly from one scene to another might be too much in a haste leaving less detail to feast on. From my end, I may say she’s not taking enough time to flesh out each scene before birthing it forth and ten taking on a new one. This was quite vivid in several portions of the book and on Pg 167 where Adam invited Francy to go with him on a vac to Bermuda, and then the author wouldn’t establish this well on Pg 177. Maybe it was just an intentional act to conceal some details but I actually was waiting for her to immerse the reader's mind into more about Bermuda before eventually embarking on the aeroplane. My opinion though.

Living with a reading disability like dyslexia (became one central theme determining the progress of Francy’s portion of the story) is one big problem for Francy as she just couldn’t read. Telling Adam even was one big problem for her even though Theresa had told her to explain things to him hoping he would understand. And now with the love in the air, Ben Chalett’s view about Francy’s background, Patricia Pearce’s wanting to know who her daughter-in-law is and Adam’s political ambition at stake, one might just be a bit confused which way to go.

See full Review - https://niftyreview./2016/10/25/beyond-mere-words/

(1) (Reply)

Am In Dire Need Of An Amazing Book To Recommend To My Bookclub / Old Times ( A Fusion Of Poem And Rap) / 'the Fall' Short Story By David Lein Victor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.