Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

The Reason Woman Are Not Allowed To Drive In Saudi Arabia - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Reason Woman Are Not Allowed To Drive In Saudi Arabia (990 Views)

Nine Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia / Are Muslims Allowed To Eat Christmas Food? / Photos Of Sick Nigerian Pilgrims Lying Helplessly In Saudi Arabia Hospital. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason Woman Are Not Allowed To Drive In Saudi Arabia by Onopa(m): 11:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
This is actually the reason they forbid women drivers in Saudi Arabia

Re: The Reason Woman Are Not Allowed To Drive In Saudi Arabia by queenitee(f): 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2016
shocked shocked
Why is it different in those countries where women are allowed to drive?
Re: The Reason Woman Are Not Allowed To Drive In Saudi Arabia by henrybomb(m): 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2016
Na talk b dis
Re: The Reason Woman Are Not Allowed To Drive In Saudi Arabia by GodIsFoolish: 12:13am On Oct 26, 2016
bAN iSLAM

1 Like

Re: The Reason Woman Are Not Allowed To Drive In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 3:15am On Oct 26, 2016
Onopa:
This is actually the reason they forbid women drivers in Saudi Arabia

I saw this rubbish on front-page but decided to ignore, yet you brought it to Islam section? Don't your sense tell you that something is wrong with that picture? Can't anybody just Photoshop that thing? Why was that part written in English and why was it emboldened? Don't you have sense? The issue of women not driving in Saudi is not a religious issue but a societal one. When Adel Al-jubeir Saudi's foreign minister was asked the same question at the Munich security conference he said; “When it comes to issues like women’s driving, this is not a religious issue, it’s a societal issue,” He further said it was unfair to fixate on the issue of women drivers, given the Kingdom’s efforts to educate girls.

We went from no schools for women in 1960 to universal education, to where today 55 percent of college students are women,” said Al-Jubeir.

“Some of our top doctors and engineers and lawyers and business people are women. The issue is one that is evolving just like it is in other countries.”

He compared Saudi Arabia to the United States, arguing that it took 100 years after America’s independence before women were given the right to vote, and another 100 years for it to elect its first female parliamentary speaker. “I’m not saying ‘Give us 200 years" I’m saying ‘be patient’,” said Al-Jubeir.

“We hope that in the modern world with technology and communications that this process is accelerated, but things take time. We can’t expect to rush things.”

Are you now happy? undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reason Woman Are Not Allowed To Drive In Saudi Arabia by Empiree: 3:16am On Oct 26, 2016
GodIsFoolish:
bAN iSLAM
Common sense should tell you to be able to distinguish Saudi culture from Islam. It is the opinion of the man. Many countless muslim men and women outside of Saudi drive and nothing wrong with that. It means it is not about Islam. It is simply Saudi policy as long as they dont attribute it to islam. Women rode on camels in the time of nabi muhammad صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم. The wives of the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) rode camels and so did other women from among the wives of the Companions. It was proven that the Prophet , said:

"The best women among the camel riders are the righteous women of the Quraysh." - [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

So this is a case of ijtihad (a juristic opinion on matters which are not specified in Quran and Sunnah) concerning this issue.amongst Saudi scholars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reason Woman Are Not Allowed To Drive In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 26, 2016
Empiree:
Common sense should tell you to be able to distinguish Saudi culture from Islam. It is the opinion of the man. Many countless muslim men and women outside of Saudi drive and nothing wrong with that. It means it is not about Islam. It is simply Saudi policy as long as they dont attribute it to islam. Women rode on camels in the time of nabi muhammad صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم. The wives of the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) rode camels and so did other women from among the wives of the Companions. It was proven that the Prophet , said:

"The best women among the camel riders are the righteous women of the Quraysh." - [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

So this is a case of ijtihad (a juristic opinion on matters which are not specified in Quran and Sunnah) concerning this issue.amongst Saudi scholars

That picture looks suspicious! Because even the foreign minister didn't say that!
Re: The Reason Woman Are Not Allowed To Drive In Saudi Arabia by Empiree: 3:57am On Oct 26, 2016
lexiconkabir:

That picture looks suspicious! Because even the foreign minister didn't say that!
I really dont care about who or what what posted. I believe I watched a clip on this issue few years ago when a scholar from that region was saying something to this effect (OP). Not necessarily the Sheikh posted in the op though. It is really non-issue far as I am concern. I found this:

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=123096
Re: The Reason Woman Are Not Allowed To Drive In Saudi Arabia by cyojunior1(m): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2016
what an epic decision

(1) (Reply)

Special Du'a For You Brother And Sister / What Did Allah Mean In Quran 2:144? / Muslim! It's Scary How Little Many Muslims Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.