Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

How Cats Are Treated Outside Naija vs How they are treated in Naija Way - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / How Cats Are Treated Outside Naija vs How they are treated in Naija Way (1533 Views)

Naija Way Of Protecting Corona Virus / Dating In Naija Vs Dating Abroad (video) / Naija Way Of Thinking! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Cats Are Treated Outside Naija vs How they are treated in Naija Way by loadedvibes: 11:30pm On Oct 25, 2016
In other parts of the world, you usually see a cat strolling,sitting or standing.
In Europe, USA, China etc, they saunter to rub against your legs, snuggle up to you.
You enter people's houses, they lie on the best couches, sleep on your beds. There are special cat foods, even holiday resorts for cats.
Some people even commit suicide because their cats died. There are even poems for cats.
PUSSYCAT PUSSYCAT
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I HAVE BEEN TO LONDON
TO SEE THE QUEEN.
e go dey sweet the cat.
But in Nigeria, they are always running from people.
Once they sight you, fiam they take off. No taking chances, to see if u would throw a stone at them.
So even in nursery school, I wondered why nobody owned a cat in my neighbourhood.
At secondary school, we usually gave a wide berth to one woman that had a cat near our school.
No rumour that was not spread about her. We stay afar and stare at her and the cat. If she finds cause to veer towards our direction, we always manufacture reasons to maintain the same equilibrium distance or more as before.
We try to ensure that the biblical advice: DO NOT BE UNEQUALLY YOKED applies between her and us . that's the primal fear we had for cats.
The worse afflicted is the black pussycat, for the normal hued cat, you may decide whether to hurl a stone or not, but if it's a black cat, the witch hunting season is on,gun owners will bring their guns, cutlasses, cudgels, the hunt is on.
We just saw a WITCH run up the house roof, they will shout, as able bodied men roll up their sleeves, to lynch and burn the cat witch.
Try to inform them that it's just a harmless pet,
That one na your business, they sneer back,
you think you are the only one wey go school?
Don't you see how their eyes glow in the dark? They argue
Does yours glow like that, They defeat you.
Abeg, make that witch no escape o! They ignore you and turn back to the business at hand.
God don catch am today.
In church next Sunday, once pastor shout, testimony time!!!
My brethren, last week, an evil witch visited our compound,
Hah! Congregation screams
If you see glowing green eyes
YOU MEAN AM!
If you see scissors teeth
NA WAO!
if you see sharp claws
TUFIAKWA
But trust me, it didn't know the God I serve, the God of my General Overseer, I prayed and anointed the men with the anointing oil our G. O. gave me and we went into battle with the enemy. For you to know that it is not an ordinary cat, we searched for hours before we saw it.
The eyes were glowing like live coal. But by His Grace we persevered and slew it.
WAO, AWESOME GOD, ALLELUIA, rends the air.
Everyone shouting.
On Monday, at work
Mr. Boniface, sorry, this is your letter, your name is among the names of retrenched staff. Kindly proceed to Human Resources for your severance advice.
Chai! I said it! Its that dastardly black witch pussycat that caused it. Mr. Boniface wails.
Abeg cat is not a witch, let's show love and tender care to all God's creatures.
WHAT? Did I say all?
Abeg, minus snakes o!
Try go show tender care to cobra.

Culled from: https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofkunlethomas/

4 Likes

Re: How Cats Are Treated Outside Naija vs How they are treated in Naija Way by lhawarl1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2016
I also love cats too, but my family wont allow me to keep one, i dont why nigerians hate cats
Re: How Cats Are Treated Outside Naija vs How they are treated in Naija Way by loadedvibes: 9:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
lhawarl1:
I also love cats too, but my family wont allow me to keep one, i dont why nigerians hate cats

Naso

(1) (Reply)

This Is Just A Rare Photo Of A Masquerade Taking A Selfie In Imo State. / Wow... Rockin My Ps7 / Turn The Proverbs Upside Down And Give You Another Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.