Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Peter And The Strike (a Tale Of A Ladokite) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Peter And The Strike (a Tale Of A Ladokite) (968 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / ASUU Strike: A Trip From Ekpoma To Benin / MOTHERS STRIKE ( A True Life Story ) By Drabeey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter And The Strike (a Tale Of A Ladokite) by pterson(m): 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
PETER AND THE STRIKE
PART 1
As soon as we concluded our semester CBT tests, lectures weren’t flowing they way they used to be, attendance dropped, even saints like me missed classes intentionally. I’m actually a Saint by the look of things, I had no extravagant friend except for these two ladies and a care-free guy we keep seats for ourselves. Let me gist you about that;
Our integration was unprecedented. I’ve been by myself for probably two lonely weeks when I met them, the thinner one was on Instagram while lectures were going on being DM’d by one guy, I would name Chris, the chubby lady plugged her earpiece into her earlobes. Serious me, I watched them with contempt and unexpectedly, the chubby one got her earpiece spoilt and she asked for mine. She looked just like my elder sister, from her body specs to her face, I would have asked Dad if he hadn’t make a mistake out of wedlock but she had a different surname, one distant from the one I keep, I felt a little bit relaxed by them. As a gentleboy, I gave her mine, paid attention to my next lecture and she returned my earpiece though what I did had no good basis, I felt good about it and I equally saw it as a good omen. I slept on that...
The next day, I woke up late, not because I did anything stressful the other day but let me tell you I woke up late, I rushed everything got to my Faculty hall, SIFAX and I had nowhere to seat, the expression on my face was quizzical as almost every seat had an owner. I made up my mind looking up to God maybe I might obtain mercy, then she saw me. She smiled at me and I returned the kind gesture, she surely has something in package for me. I went over to her seat, exchange greetings and I told her the situation I’d dragged myself into.
She had an extra seat, I noticed. But how can I get to sit on it? She was the kind one, told me to sit BUT she saved it for someone else, the care-free guy. I took the seat. The day passed by I kept my silence, very conscious of my environment and I uttered little in words, to spice things up I bragged my matric number which I know none of them can beat. That was easy, my number was way up the pile. Another good omen...
The guy came into the hall around 10:30 a.m., dropped his school bag and zoomed off to the left side of the hall, a region of the hall I desist. He came back looking used and expired, a result of his trademark jokes he makes with ladies. Simply he was a darn womanizer...
Let me cut that part short by saying we had a HEA, Happily Ever After just like in romance novels.
Returning to my original texts, my mind made me believe our exams aren’t coming soon , the thought was devilish but came pass as time would tell. The exam got boycotted, this was lead by the SUG personnel, they claimed elections should come before the semester exam. Only a LADOKITE can explain what politics means in LAUTECH. The atmosphere changed though we were later addressed by a Student Affairs staff, I still felt tense.
The election came the following week, accompanied by post election violence. School infrastructures were destroyed by rioters leading to the closure of the school gate or perhaps the school at large.

TO BE CONTINUED...

2 Likes

Re: Peter And The Strike (a Tale Of A Ladokite) by pterson(m): 12:00am On Oct 26, 2016
nellyme, mzzkismet, Essyprity, JOSH002, Eli360, fabulousbrainzz, Ollyfad, Missmossy, nobletitus, Feyikemi12, Aishiat39, omotol, alleazadous, Ice4jez, ninja4life, STARSHYNE, labaski, olaitan3784, motawlahnee, seanixking, jummyjagz, holysin5683, iAreMozelle, princessadeola, kayceerilyn, Vimlady, Profmaojo, Slingkey, adeh39, khamdallah, Dahprech, missybenign, TemieTee, michaelmo11, Olorlahdeh, omotalkie, shegs2009, kelsmic, sKiLLzTohSLick, dimssy, valli8, boladex1, writywave, Tonalphs, korel, jarizod,
Re: Peter And The Strike (a Tale Of A Ladokite) by pterson(m): 9:00am On Oct 26, 2016
PART 2

5 Star Hostel has five blocks, maybe that’s how the name was derived, each block has three rooms, a big kitchen, a lone toilet and a prison-like bathroom. The bathroom architecture seems absurd to me, it is more of a rectangular box placed vertically on the earth crust. I wish you have an opportunity to grace this, the only port for water to pass goes directly underground and I’ve pictured snakes planning an Animal Farm-like revolt on us. That’s what my mind tells me but that’s probably not happening anytime soon.

The bathroom is fair compared to the only toilet three rooms share. A look at the water closet will trigger a negative reaction in the body system, you only have to get used to it. You’d ask rhetorically, “how did these ceramics get blackened?”. That’s better by the way, water doesn’t come regularly but some ruminant beings remain indifferent about this, they will use the toilet, turn a blind eye to the residue they had made and leave it unto the next user to deal with. Desperate boys would stratify the ‘matter’. This would end up unattended to until the waste product is infested on my organic degraders, maggots and the likes. No wonder the ceramics are blackened...

Everything else is superb if not for the rats that spoilt the show, they made themselves the Grand Warden and the kitchen their altar, someone who plays Clash of Clans would understand that. Rats patrol the kitchen at night, taking care of food crumbs, scrapping food off the stoves and trying to open my beloved pots. I don’t know if they had unfinished business but that’s simply the way they are. They were the Lazarus of our time, my hostel mates and I were the Rich Man.

Off to Security, there’s a small entrance into the whole of Five Star, the gate or door should be only 4-5 feet high (I bend every time I have to pass through it) graced by a Security Man whose house is called “the Cubicle”. He likes to play God on every situation no matter the gravity and I’ve heard funny tales of how he was dealt with by some students years ago (the era Five Star was known for it’s rich nightlife and debauchery). The entire compound is fenced and the floor plastered, resulting to a clean environment.

Outside, the hostel featured a shopping complex, five shops in total. Two provisions stores, a barbershop, a fashion designer and a branch of a popular telecommunications retailer. We had everything but our hotspots are the Land lady ‘s provisions store and the barbershop. That’s simple by the way, the woman opens her store everyday and we charge our electronic gadgets at the barbershop.

The barber is an accommodating man, he brags about the little time he spent at an army barrack, proves himself to be a potential soldier. Let me gist you, he wears Camo too. Don’t try that of you don’t have something to back you up, it might be cataclysmic. Into the spotlights, I will enlighten you on how the barbershop taught me all about Politics in LAUTECH. Brace yourself up, the next part is coming soon...

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: Peter And The Strike (a Tale Of A Ladokite) by pterson(m): 9:00am On Oct 26, 2016
The 3rd part will be released based on you guy's comments
Re: Peter And The Strike (a Tale Of A Ladokite) by OlufemiWhit(m): 10:02am On Oct 26, 2016
pterson:
The 3rd part will be released based on you guy's comments
beta continue your story.....we wey dhy read dhy skool ooo...no time to dhy comment
Re: Peter And The Strike (a Tale Of A Ladokite) by tripzalee(m): 10:41am On Oct 26, 2016
Omo ladoke owo loke
Re: Peter And The Strike (a Tale Of A Ladokite) by pterson(m): 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2016
PART 3.

Valentine’s Day marked a new beginning for me. I’ve never spent a day outside my parent’s house, unless I am on a compulsory camp or some serious business, usually numinous on nature. I was expecting a new adventure. I paid less attention to the white and red bodies by the roadside, I was all about my new Haven of Peace and Tranquillity. I unpacked my luggage, arranged the room and laid out every object to the finest detail. I felt abandoned as my parents left. I wanted to weep but I kept my cool, the waterways have been blocked. Nothing was the same. I have been marooned.

I came across a decent hostel mate, a 200 level student, he showed me the lay of the land. I would have advised him to take up a part-time job as a tour guide. I kept him as a friend, he was my BFF until the strike kicked in. His explanations made life easier for me, the major hotspots around were more familiar than ever. He also gave me a brief list of the norms everyone else follows. He was a darling.

I had to charge my phone, I haven’t been good to the battery although it has served me well. I need that electric juice to make it great again. I picked up the phone, gathered things together and headed straight to the barbershop I’ve told you about. It was a big challenge, I haven’t done that before.

Fortunately, I met my new friend, he perfected our meeting (the barber and I). I found an available port, plugged my phone and the battery came to life. I call it, “The Awakening”. Various people with different roots came into the building during my period of stay the experience was great. From the vacuous to the intelligent, everyone made expressions. I made myself a good listener, I was settling in.

This was the epicentre of LAUTECH politics for me. I found out there were two parties, two dominant political groups, a vivid replica of APC and PDP on LAUTECH, the acronyms goes thus. NLV and the other is named Liberal Group. You know how two party system can be; fatal, decisive and it’s a choice between bad and worse just like the US elections. Words sound exaggerated to me until I witnessed how department representatives were elected. It’s interesting on it’s own way.

Each candidate would try to gather the highest number of students, basically know as campaign. Funny enough, campaigns come on different manners, loitering around the hall was common, WhatsApp group chats become active once again and many more I won’t bother about. Their efforts were made under the umbrella if the political parties, how strange for Freshers. You’re in for a treat if you’re lucky to be a student of the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, a dump for politically-active students.

I nearly got myself into trouble some months ago, as a trustworthy writer I wrote an article on politics and the frivolous acts in my lecture hall and posted it on the famous ‘LAUTECH ROOM’. I didn’t include my name though, if I did, things would have been grotesque for me. I was unknown to the world but one of the department to-be representatives had to take the blow. God enough, I was able to avoid the stress and it was sensible for me to decelerate my activism. That killed the man in me. The hustle is real...

TO BE CONTINUED.
PART 4 coming soon...
Re: Peter And The Strike (a Tale Of A Ladokite) by darealsola(m): 9:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
pterson:
PART 2

5 Star Hostel has five blocks, maybe that’s how the name was derived, each block has three rooms, a big kitchen, a lone toilet and a prison-like bathroom. The bathroom architecture seems absurd to me, it is more of a rectangular box placed vertically on the earth crust. I wish you have an opportunity to grace this, the only port for water to pass goes directly underground and I’ve pictured snakes planning an Animal Farm-like revolt on us. That’s what my mind tells me but that’s probably not happening anytime soon.

The bathroom is fair compared to the only toilet three rooms share. A look at the water closet will trigger a negative reaction in the body system, you only have to get used to it. You’d ask rhetorically, “how did these ceramics get blackened?”. That’s better by the way, water doesn’t come regularly but some ruminant beings remain indifferent about this, they will use the toilet, turn a blind eye to the residue they had made and leave it unto the next user to deal with. Desperate boys would stratify the ‘matter’. This would end up unattended to until the waste product is infested on my organic degraders, maggots and the likes. No wonder the ceramics are blackened...

Everything else is superb if not for the rats that spoilt the show, they made themselves the Grand Warden and the kitchen their altar, someone who plays Clash of Clans would understand that. Rats patrol the kitchen at night, taking care of food crumbs, scrapping food off the stoves and trying to open my beloved pots. I don’t know if they had unfinished business but that’s simply the way they are. They were the Lazarus of our time, my hostel mates and I were the Rich Man.

Off to Security, there’s a small entrance into the whole of Five Star, the gate or door should be only 4-5 feet high (I bend every time I have to pass through it) graced by a Security Man whose house is called “the Cubicle”. He likes to play God on every situation no matter the gravity and I’ve heard funny tales of how he was dealt with by some students years ago (the era Five Star was known for it’s rich nightlife and debauchery). The entire compound is fenced and the floor plastered, resulting to a clean environment.

Outside, the hostel featured a shopping complex, five shops in total. Two provisions stores, a barbershop, a fashion designer and a branch of a popular telecommunications retailer. We had everything but our hotspots are the Land lady ‘s provisions store and the barbershop. That’s simple by the way, the woman opens her store everyday and we charge our electronic gadgets at the barbershop.

The barber is an accommodating man, he brags about the little time he spent at an army barrack, proves himself to be a potential soldier. Let me gist you, he wears Camo too. Don’t try that of you don’t have something to back you up, it might be cataclysmic. Into the spotlights, I will enlighten you on how the barbershop taught me all about Politics in LAUTECH. Brace yourself up, the next part is coming soon...

TO BE CONTINUED
before u continue can u gve us full gist bout ur hostel, other shops and d landlady shop in details coz I love stories lyk dat

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Writer Chidera Okolie, Bags The African Youth Icon Of The Yr 2017 Award / Choices (A Satirical Piece) / The Document By Asuquo Udo. The Mysterious Ebony Carver. Juju Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.