Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? (1150 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / Christians Get In:the Belief In The Holy Trinity Is Fake !! / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Peacefullove: 7:01am On Oct 26, 2016
the Trinity argument has been on for a long time , and as time goes by Most of those who defend the trinity came to realize that they will continue to lose the argument if they insist Jesus is equal to his Father in everything

so the goal post was shifted to they are Not equal in position but EQUAL/ONE IN NATURE .

let's review this claim once more , an earlier doctrine or set of belief that was designed to cover up the many holes of the trinity seem to negate this equality claim. the HYPOSTATIC UNION

according to the hypostatic union , Jesus have TWO NATURES. hehehehe

please to NL trinitarians: If Jesus have TWO NATURES alone, how then can he be EQUAL in Nature with his Father ?
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Peacefullove: 6:35pm On Oct 29, 2016
:
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by omojeesu(m): 10:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
Peacefullove:
the Trinity argument has been on for a long time , and as time goes by Most of those who defend the trinity came to realize that they will continue to lose the argument if they insist Jesus is equal to his Father in everything

so the goal post was shifted to they are Not equal in position but EQUAL/ONE IN NATURE .

let's review this claim once more , an earlier doctrine or set of belief that was designed to cover up the many holes of the trinity seem to negate this equality claim. the HYPOSTATIC UNION

according to the hypostatic union , Jesus have TWO NATURES. hehehehe

please to NL trinitarians: If Jesus have TWO NATURES alone, how then can he be EQUAL in Nature with his Father ?

In my quest to understand the Trinity, this is how the Holy Spirit explained it to me more than 20 years ago. I share it with you.

The nature of the sun helps one to understand the Trinity.

The body of the sun that is 93 million miles away from earth is the 'Father'. He lives where no man can approach as the Bible says. Just as no space ship can get too close to the sun.

The light from the sun is the 'Son'. Jesus says 'I am the Light of the world. Just as the body of the sun can't and, in fact, must not move towards the earth and the earth too cant and must not move towards the sun, the Father can't and must not move towards us and verse versa. We receive the light at the intensity safe and helpful for us.

Finally, the heat from the sun is the 'Holy Spirit'. The heat from the sun is full of power and able to penetrate any material thing, that may even shut out the light. So is the Holy Spirit. He is full of dynamo and can penetrate the hardest of hearts.

We can't separate the 3: Body.Light.Heat = Father.Son.HolySpirit. All is sun and yet each is sun. All is God and yet each is God.

I never read this explanation nor got taught anywhere even till date. With all humility, I was taught direct by the Holy Spirit my Teacher.

May HE give you understand.
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Peacefullove: 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2016
omojeesu:

In my quest to understand the Trinity, this is how the Holy Spirit explained it to me more than 20 years ago. I share it with you.

The nature of the sun helps one to understand the Trinity.

The body of the sun that is 93 million miles away from earth is the 'Father'. He lives where no man can approach as the Bible says. Just as no space ship can get too close to the sun.

The light from the sun is the 'Son'. Jesus says 'I am the Light of the world. Just as the body of the sun can't and, in fact, must not move towards the earth and the earth too cant and must not move towards the sun, the Father can't and must not move towards us and verse versa. We receive the light at the intensity safe and helpful for us.

Finally, the heat from the sun is the 'Holy Spirit'. The heat from the sun is full of power and able to penetrate any material thing, that may even shut out the light. So is the Holy Spirit. He is full of dynamo and can penetrate the hardest of hearts.

We can't separate the 3: Body.Light.Heat = Father.Son.HolySpirit. All is sun and yet each is sun. All is God and yet each is God.

I never read this explanation nor got taught anywhere even till date. With all humility, I was taught direct by the Holy Spirit my Teacher.

May HE give you understand.

are they equal in nature As trinity affirms ? that's the point am driving at
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by omojeesu(m): 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2016
Peacefullove:

are they equal in nature As trinity affirms ? that's the point am driving at

The light = heat of the sun = the sun physically far off in essence (being & nature)

My father and I are equal in nature. We are human beings and have human nature (essence) different from animal being. So is the nature of God the essence and being of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit different from the nature of angels though are also spirit beings.

I don't intend to convince you about the Trinity. Ultimately, it can only come by revelation of the Holy Spirit to you as it did to me.

Please, I rest my case.
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Peacefullove: 8:08pm On Nov 07, 2016
omojeesu:

The light = heat of the sun = the sun physically far off in essence (being & nature)

My father and I are equal in nature. We are human beings and have human nature (essence) different from animal being. So is the nature of God the essence and being of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit different from the nature of angels though are also spirit beings.

I don't intend to convince you about the Trinity. Ultimately, it can only come by revelation of the Holy Spirit to you as it did to me.

Please, I rest my case.

crap .

Jesus have TWO natures .

his Father just have one .

and you are telling me they are equal in nature , how are they equal in Nature ? explain

2 Likes

Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by omojeesu(m): 12:30am On Nov 08, 2016
Peacefullove:

crap .

Jesus have TWO natures .

and you are telling me they are equal in nature , how are they equal in Nature ? explain

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by omojeesu(m): 12:33am On Nov 08, 2016
Peacefullove:

crap .

Jesus have TWO natures .

No, allow the Holy Spirit Himself do it.

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Peacefullove: 1:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
omojeesu:

No, allow the Holy Spirit Himself do it.

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

How does this answer the op ?
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 20, 2017
Peacefullove:

How does this answer the op ?
No mind dem
They're always going in circles.

So Jesus was speaking to himself during the baptism?
When he was on the cross dying(father father forgive them.....) who was he speaking to ?

When he ascended who was he going to meet ?
Most of thenn have even become blasphemous by referring to Mary as the mother of God Almighty !!!

The thing that baffles me is that they just don't want to think outside the box!!!
If pastor/prophet doesn't agree then they don't agree!!!
Forgetting that the pastor is only human!!

1 Like

Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Peacefullove: 10:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
akpobi:

No mind dem
They're always going in circles.

So Jesus was speaking to himself during the baptism?
When he was on the cross dying(father father forgive them.....) who was he speaking to ?

When he ascended who was he going to meet ?
Most of thenn have even become blasphemous by referring to Mary as the mother of God Almighty !!!

The thing that baffles me is that they just don't want to think outside the box!!!
If pastor/prophet doesn't agree then they don't agree!!!
Forgetting that the pastor is only human!!

Hmmm
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Peacefullove: 2:43pm On May 11, 2017
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by orisa37: 3:04pm On May 11, 2017
Jesus is Himself, His Father and The Holy Spirit.
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Peacefullove: 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
orisa37:
Jesus is Himself, His Father and The Holy Spirit.

answer d Op
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by joshnes(m): 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2017
The Trinity tries to explain the different dimensions of God displayed. The dispensation of The Father (Old Testaments), dispensation of the Son (The Gospel) & the dispensation of the (The Holy Spirit). Jesus is God (1Tim 3:16). No difference.
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by fellowman: 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2017
I'm going to answer this question finally.

The God of the Bible is never described as being part of a TRINITY.

Deuteronomy 6 vs 4 says that God is one not three as some Christians believe mostly Catholics.

Psalms 83 vs 18 says that God alone is the most high over all the Earth.

John 17 vs 3 says “This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.”

Galatians 3 vs 20 also says that there's only one God.

Note what the
Encyclopedia Britannica states: “Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament .

so where did you guys get your Trinity doctrine from?

1 Like

Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by orisa37: 4:50am On Dec 07, 2017
Peacefullove:

answer d Op
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Auki: 6:34am On Dec 07, 2017
omojeesu:

Please, I rest my case.

Brain gymnastics. Forget this pagans idea of God.

Your God and my is ONE, the absolute. He has no son or any partner and nothing is like Him. Jesus, Mosses, Muhammad, Noah (peace be on them) are human being and Prophet. That is the right path.

1 Like

Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by fellowman: 6:52am On Dec 07, 2017
Auki:

Your God and my is ONE, the absolute. He has no son or any partner and nothing is like Him. Jesus, Mosses, Muhammad, Noah (peace be on them) are human being and Prophet. That is the right path.

first of all I've answered this question to prove that the Christian God is one God so how does your own opinion matter right now. i seem to realize that you people try to mix Catholics with true Christianity which is wrong.

you are the pagan here.

I will advise you to leave this thread and go to your Muslim thread.

1 Like

Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by omojeesu(m): 9:44am On Dec 07, 2017
Auki:

Proverbs 16:25

There IS A WAY (e.g. your way) THAT SEEMETH RIGHT unto a man (like you), but the end thereof are the WAYS OF DEATH.

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I AM THE WAY, the truth, and the life: NO MAN (that includes you) cometh unto the Father, but by me.

God hates sin and religion. He hates sin for obvious reasons: He is a Holy God. He hates religion also because Satan established ALL religions to further deceive humanity, having deceived them first to sin against God, he continues to deceive them by giving them religion as solution for their sins.

Religion kills. Jesus saves.

Adam put us into trouble. Jesus takes us out of it.

Romans 5:18-19

[18]Yes, Adam’s one sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ’s one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and new life for everyone.
[19]Because one person disobeyed God, many became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many will be made righteous.

Sin is a spiritual force that keeps all men bound spiritually. No man can set himself free. Religion talks about salvation by good works. But the Bible says otherwise. No one is good enough for God or Heaven. No one can EARN his way to Heaven. No one goes to Heaven on His own term, but God's terms.

Romans 3
[23]For EVERYONE has sinned; we ALL fall short of God’s glorious standard.

Psalms 14:2-3
[2]The lord looks down from heaven on the entire human race; he looks to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God.
[3]But no, ALL have turned away; ALL have become corrupt. NO ONE does good, NOT A SINGLE ONE!

Isaiah 64
[6]We are ALL infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind.

One sin in a lifetime IS ENOUGH to send a man to hell.

James 2
[10]For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God’s laws.

Biblical New Testament Christianity IS NOT A religion but a family relationship where God is Father and we are His children.

John 1:12-13
[12]But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
[13]They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:47am On Dec 07, 2017
Philippians 2:6New International Version (NIV)

Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Peacefullove: 9:07am On Jan 05, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
Philippians 2:6New International Version (NIV)

Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

Explain this in relation to OP?

Are they equal by nature ?
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:18am On Jan 05, 2019
Peacefullove:

so you can't understand English,

Yes.
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:19am On Jan 05, 2019
The whole premise of the OP is flawed, the gospel stories comes from ancient tales about marduk, Lord Marduk is the son of Father Enki, and the creator of man..

Marduk is the creator of the universe. (him and Enki are one so it says in the Enuma elish).. He is the good sherpard, he is life, and resurrection.. Etc.. He is the Lord of the old testament...

It was Athanasius, who wanted to satisfy both parties at the council of Nicea said he was both God and man... Some said he was God, other group said he was man.. Athanasius said he was both..
The gospel stories was then forged to put him in human history....
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Peacefullove: 2:50pm On Jan 05, 2019
Ubenedictus:
so you can't understand English,

Yes.

Probably you are the one who lacked understanding

I stated at the OP that most effort by trinitarians to say Jesus is equal to God always backfires, so another version of trinity came up that said the Father is greater than the son in POSITION , BUT BY NATURE they are Equal .

So am questioning the validity of that statement

If Jesus have 2 natures ( Hypostatic Union) ... How come is Father have Just one nature ?

Solve the inequality before you say both are equal by nature
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2019
Peacefullove:

of course there are
Re: Trinity : Is Jesus Really Equal in Nature with His Father ? by Hairyrapunzel: 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2019
Peacefullove:

Probably you are the one who lacked understanding

I stated at the OP that most effort by trinitarians to say Jesus is equal to God always backfires, so another version of trinity came up that said the Father is greater than the son in POSITION , BUT BY NATURE they are Equal .

So am questioning the validity of that statement

If Jesus have 2 natures ( Hypostatic Union) ... How come is Father have Just one nature ?

Solve the inequality before you say both are equal by nature

Let me help you out.
Father is a dog while Son is a cat.

(1) (Reply)

So Joshua Commanded The Sun And The Moon To Stop? Cool!! / Church Uses 'bet9ja Must Favor Me' As Theme / The Place Of Prayer During The Bubonic Plague (BLACK DEATH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.