Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help (1280 Views)

Is My Files And Database Safe With Hosting Company? / How To Recover A Corrupted Dbf File? / Help Me Recover My Files Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help by 2mNaira: 7:31am On Oct 26, 2016
My previous PC got bad and I had to move my files to another pc.As the fellow who was helping me to move the files from my previous bad laptop harddisk to my new laptop hard disk using a usb adapter(or whatever be its proper name), I told him to copy from a particular disk first.
On hearing that, he unplugged the connecting usb cable and replugged it.That unplugging of the usb cable without ejecting the device first, led to the hard disk getting corrupted.The system kept requesting for the formatting of the disk before use.

I have attempted to recover my files by using different recovery software to no avail.

Unfortunately, the backup disc recently got virus infected and formatted it.So, at this time, I have no back up for the files.

The files in the corrupted disk represent about 3yrs programming work and I cannot afford to lose them.

Please,I need any help in recovering my files.If you know or have any means I can reliably use to recover it please do kindly help me wth it.

If you have been in the same situation and
you were able to recover your files do kindly tell me how you did it.

If you have or have used or know a tried and tested file recovery software,please what is its name.

In short, if you know or have any means to
help me please oblige me with it.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help by matrixme(m): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2016
mnairaland:
My previous PC got bad and I had to move my files to another pc.As the fellow who was helping me to move the files from my previous bad laptop harddisk to my new laptop hard disk using a usb adapter(or whatever be its proper name), I told him to copy from a particular disk first.
On hearing that, he unplugged the connecting usb cable and replugged it.That unplugging of the usb cable without ejecting the device first, led to the hard disk getting corrupted.The system kept requesting for the formatting of the disk before use.

I have used attemoted to recover my files by using different recovery software to no avail.

Unfortunately, the backup disc recently got virus infected and formatted it.So, at this time, I have no back up for the files.

The files in the corrupted disk represent about 3yrs programming work and I cannot afford to lose them.

Please,I need any help in recovering my files.If you know or have any means I can reliably use to recover it please do kindly help me wth it.

If you have been in the same situation and
you were able to recover your files do kindly tell me how you did it.

If you have or have used or know a tried and tested file recovery software,please what is its name.

In short, if you know or have any means to
help me please oblige me with it.

Thanks you.
don't format the disk. Download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard online, when you do, get across. I will help you with the key.
Your data will definitely be recovered, don't panic

2 Likes

Re: My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help by Toughluv(m): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2016
@matix me, what if my data got erased while trying to install ubuntu on my virtual box, will I get my data back too ?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help by SeunLanLege(m): 11:49am On Oct 26, 2016
Toughluv:
@matix me, what if my data got erased while trying to install ubuntu on my virtual box, will I get my data back too ?
Thanks

if you have ubuntu, install it on a usb, boot your computer from the usb, and download testdisk from http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download

extract it

right click the directory you extracted it to - you'll see open in terminal in the option click on it.

a terminal window will appear

run sudo chmod +x testdisk* - *(please note that the name varies, testdisk here is a placeholder for the actual application name depending on the version you downloaded - you might see testdisk-v06 etc in which case you would run sudo chmod +x testdisk-v06)

then run ./testdisk

you would see a window appear, follow the prompts and post screenshots here for further help.
goodluck

2 Likes

Re: My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help by 2mNaira: 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2016
matrixme:

don't format the disk. Download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard online, when you do, get across. I will help you with the key.

Thanks a lot.I'll do just that.
Re: My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help by Toughluv(m): 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2016
running ubuntu from the disk ha been posing a lot of problem, so I put on the disk , and I have been running my ubuntu from the disk with no issues but I wanna try and install it on my oracle virtual machine also called Virtual Box,

1 Like

Re: My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help by 2mNaira: 10:52am On Oct 27, 2016
matrixme:

I was able to find only the trial version.I have downloaded it.

I sent you a pm. You can reach me faster by using the email address in my profile.
Re: My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help by gloryz24: 6:19pm On Oct 29, 2016
Try and scan the disk with one of these free recovery software solutions

Recuva

Wise Data Recovery

Pandora Recovery

Hope that you'll be able to recover your work.
Also, you said that you lost your coding stuff. So accept this as a friendly tip so this doesn't happen to you in the future: use GIT and store your codes at GitHub.com or BitBucket.org (github is the most popular one but doesn't allow private gits for free, while bitbucket allows unlimited free gits). It's easy to learn and will save you from this kind of situation plus many more.

1 Like

Re: My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help by 2mNaira: 6:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
gloryz24:

Recuva

Wise Data Recovery

Pandora Recovery

Also, you said that you lost your coding stuff. So accept this as a friendly tip so this doesn't happen to you in the future: use GIT and store your codes at GitHub.com or BitBucket.org (github is the most popular one but doesn't allow private gits for free, while bitbucket allows unlimited free gits). It's easy to learn and will save you from this kind of situation plus many more.

Recuva recovered the files but did not arrange them properly.It would take an eternity for me to arrange them properly into folders as was done by the IDE that is if I succeed at all.

Of course, I know of Git and Bitbucket but just never thougt of using them as back up.Google drive seem to me to be more approriate for back.

1 Like

Re: My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help by 2mNaira: 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2016
gloryz24:

Recuva

Wise Data Recovery

Pandora Recovery

Sorry,I forgot to add,"Thank you."
Re: My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help by AlphaSoul: 3:21am On Jun 07, 2021
matrixme:

EaseUS is very good!
A top gun.
Re: My Harddisk Got Corrupted.I Need Help Recovering My Files.kindly Help by AlphaSoul: 3:24am On Jun 07, 2021
gloryz24:

Recuva

Wise Data Recovery

Pandora Recovery

(1) (Reply)

Can Not Post Data Into Database / I Need The Services Of A Mobile App Developer / Amazon EC2 Accounts Full Regions Unlocked For SALE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.