Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,147 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Building On Top Of Soakaway - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building On Top Of Soakaway (1508 Views)

See A Building On Fire In Ikeja Lagos / Cost Of Soakaway & German Flooring / How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Building On Top Of Soakaway by kuka700: 11:35am On Oct 26, 2016
I have strong to need to build two extra rooms in my house. However, the only space available for me to build the rooms in my house is occupied by a soakaway pit, meaning that the empty space available for building has a soakaway pit under it. My question is: can I construct my two rooms on top of the soakaway and make allowance for a small opening/piping which can be used to evacuate the pit whenever it gets filled?

Please, advise approximately.
Re: Building On Top Of Soakaway by obitryce(m): 11:51am On Oct 26, 2016
very very wrong thinking!!!!
Re: Building On Top Of Soakaway by alist(m): 3:54pm On Oct 26, 2016
kuka700:
I have strong to need to build two extra rooms in my house. However, the only space available for me to build the rooms in my house is occupied by a soakaway pit, meaning that the empty space available for building has a soakaway pit under it. My question is: can I construct my two rooms on top of the soakaway and make allowance for a small opening/piping which can be used to evacuate the pit whenever it gets filled?
Please, advise approximately.
What u call soak away pit is actually composed of two pits.
1.the air thight pit where anaerobic bacterial decomposes feases and waste called septic tank.
2. another pit which is not air thight that allows filtered water after proper decomposition from the septic tank through into the sorounding soil through spaces delibratly created for sippage. This pit is call soak away pit.
So if you have ur septic tank built on the likely hood of total evacuation of the remains of completly decomposed waste called sludge becomes combersome and nasty. which might just outweighs any persived logic. But how ever you might build above it then link with stairs so the rooms are elevated from the pits. That is if you really need to have those rooms.
Contact me on watsapp with pictures so I can have firsthand assesment of things on ground as they exist. 08038982710

(1) (Reply)

The Profession Architecture Is Loosing Value In Nigeria / New Fully Furnished 2 Bedroom Apartments At Sangotedo, Lagos At N42.38M (Video) / Plots Of Land For Sale @ Agungi And Igbo Efon, Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.