Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Etisalat 4G Is Live - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat 4G Is Live (1733 Views)

Airtel 4G Is LIVE In Benin City / Etisalat 4G(LTE) Live In Abuja. / My Mtn 4g Is Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat 4G Is Live by niggi4life(m): 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
I was less busy and then i decided to switch my network mode to 4G, behold to my suprise i saw that Etisalat 4G was on, i quickly decided to do a speed test so as to ascertain if it's true.
Attached are the screenshot.
Has anyone else noticed the 4G speed and it's reliability?

The first pic is the 4G while the second is the normal 3G

Re: Etisalat 4G Is Live by mjames: 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2016
Its a good one
Re: Etisalat 4G Is Live by lordthree(m): 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
niggi4life:
I was less busy and then i decided to switch my network mode to 4G, behold to my suprise i saw that Etisalat 4G was on, i quickly decided to do a speed test so as to ascertain if it's true.
Attached are the screenshot.
Has anyone else noticed the 4G speed and it's reliability?

The first pic is the 4G while the second is the normal 3G
What phone do you use and did you have to buy a 4g sim?
Re: Etisalat 4G Is Live by niggi4life(m): 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
lordthree:

What phone do you use and did you have to buy a 4g sim?
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 9005.
And No i didn't buy a new sim, Etisalat said all their SIM cards are 4G enabled
Re: Etisalat 4G Is Live by lordthree(m): 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2016
niggi4life:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 9005.
And No i didn't buy a new sim, Etisalat said all their SIM cards are 4G enabled
That's good news, are you in lagos?
Re: Etisalat 4G Is Live by niggi4life(m): 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
lordthree:

That's good news, are you in lagos?
Yes, but i noticed it's not all over the places in lagos, from ikeja, maryland, yaba, and the island axis i saw 4G, moving into Egbeda, igando area i didn't see any 4G on the phone

1 Like

Re: Etisalat 4G Is Live by lordthree(m): 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
niggi4life:
Yes, but i noticed it's not all over the places in lagos, from ikeja, maryland, yaba, and the island axis i saw 4G, moving into Egbeda, igando area i didn't see any 4G on the phone
Figures why I didn't see 4G, I stay at Egbeda
Re: Etisalat 4G Is Live by amnps: 3:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
It's a gradual process as they all strive to get everywhere covered with the 4GLTE.

Meanwhile, check out the speed I regularly clock on the MTN 4G.

Re: Etisalat 4G Is Live by duwdu: 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
@OP;

Your posted download speed of 11Mbps on Etisalat's 4G service is unimpressive and underwhelming, especially as it's in an area with a full 4 bars of reception. One easily gets 50 Mbps on ntel 4G service on just 2/3 bars on the Lekki axis, and it's even better there on MTN's 4G service.

If that relatively poor speed on Eti was not due to a poor/mis-configuration on the device used or the particular neighborhood, then Etisalat would need to sit up already. Plus, that's a very low transit time, which is supposed to be good for/help with speed!

Just some heads up.

Good luck.

P34c3
Re: Etisalat 4G Is Live by Dam5reey(m): 4:18am On Oct 27, 2016
amnps:
It's a gradual process as they all strive to get everywhere covered with the 4GLTE.

Meanwhile, check out the speed I regularly clock on the MTN 4G.

MTN still ahead in terms of speed and coverage...
Re: Etisalat 4G Is Live by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 27, 2016
Dam5reey:

MTN still ahead in terms of speed and coverage...
Yea but they are still limited to cities and towns.
Re: Etisalat 4G Is Live by Dam5reey(m): 8:24am On Oct 27, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Yea but they are still limited to cities and towns.

Business before.... Anything... So na villages wey no even dey use 2G... They Will deploy 4G ?

(1) (Reply)

Has Any Tecno User Ever Experienced This Problem Before? / Best 16 Android Smartphones That Blast The Nigeria Mobile Market In 2016 / Please Help Me Decide Which Smartphone To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.