Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,741 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

See World’s Best Drummers. No.10 Will Shock You - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / See World’s Best Drummers. No.10 Will Shock You (2804 Views)

The Latest Thread For Drum Lovers And Drummers. / How Ariya Repete 2018 Changed Lives Of Upcoming Musicians, Drummers / Raymond Akaolisa 'DJ Raw' Is Dead - His Last Message To Friends Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See World’s Best Drummers. No.10 Will Shock You by pressy09: 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
Drummers come in different ability and skills.The gifts in few of them has distinguish them from the rest.This was proven in the list of best drummer as released by thetoptens.com. Excerpts:
[b]1.Neil PeartNei[/b]l Ellwood Peart, OC (born September 12, 1952 in Hamilton, Canada) is a Canadian-American musician and author, best known as the drummer and primary lyricist for the rock band Rush. Peart has received numerous awards for his musical performances.
Neil Peart is the best! He can play Jazz. He plays for Rush and he plays really hard music. Nobody else could play Rush music in the hole list. I have went to other best drummer web sites and they all said that Neil Peart is 1. Neil Peart is the best! Go Rush! 1974-2112
Several guys on other sites are dissing Peart in favor of Portnoy and Mangini. Hey… They’re skilled but please, those two guys are top ten… MAYBE, but in all honesty they couldn’t carry Neil’s pissbucket. I spent 35 years seeing concerts, was even a roadie for the Stampeders, Randy Bachmann, and Red Rider several times. I saw Pink Floyd in 79 & 80 do their Wall tour and I think I’m still there, but nobody, and I mean NOBODY, can touch Neil Peart with a pair of hickorys. He could use stale licorice and use his eyelids to hold them and they still couldn’t come close… And Snortboy, I mean Portnoy, knew he was substandard to Neil. Get real people, use your grey matter (or what’s left of it, and accept the facts. Neil Peart is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. (Thanks for that Bret Hart)
Danny Carey is laughing somewhere… while playing 4 Peart solos at the same time
Neil is so technically proficient and imaginative when it comes to drumming (and indeed lyric writing) that, like others have previously said putting him at number 4 isn’t really giving him anywhere near the amount of credit he deserves.M+26
Strength of an ox, with a diverse and unique playing style that no drummer can compete with… listen to Tom sawyer for proof!

[b]2.John Bonham[/b]John Henry Bonham was born on May 31, 1948 in Redditch, United Kingdom. Bonham (nicknamed Bonzo) was a professional hard rock drummer who was best known for being the drummer in the band Led Zeppelin. Bonham was also one of the background singers in the band. His drumming is mainly displayed on the …
Shannon Leto at number one? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Shannon doesn’t have the talent that Bonham had in his LITTLE FINGER. He shouldn’t even be in the top 100 drummers, it’s absolutely ridiculous. Bonham was the most influential drummer of all time, all modern drummers would have studied Bonham like their life depended on it. He’s influenced the likes of Dave Grohl (Who should be on this list anyway) Joey Kramer, Lee Kerslake, Tony Thompson, Tommy Lee, Peter Criss, Stewart Copeland, Chad Smith, Dave Lombardo and Brad Wilk… Some of the greatest drummers of today who quite frankly would outplay Shannon Leto blindfolded and with a single hand.
Why isn’t Bonham #1? Also is it just me or are their about 7 names in the top ten I’ve never heard of? This list is a terrible representative of the best drummer of all time. Have you ever listened to one of Bonham’s drum solos? He does so much with such a small set and can continue like 4 different rhythms at the same time. He is the best.
Danny Carey can play 4 different John Bonham SONGS at the same time. 4 rhythms, lol… –
There are only a couple that can even share his spotlight… The off beat by a billisecond he plays at sets all pace and direction like no other… We can only march when he beats… Only Ginger Baker is close… Most others only bang the gong… Not many drummers have true effect on the sound… I am not even a tap my hands on the desk guy… But when I hear Zeppelin or Cream – I am compelled to listen first to the Drums of these two geniuses… The expert background of Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jack Bruce and Robert Plant are only supporting roles to these different drummers.
Come on man! Bonham is way ahead of Peart. Don’t get me wrong, Neil Peart is definitely top 5. But right behind this legend. The way he played… Somethin else, man.

3.Keith Moon
The Loon at 11th? You blokes realize that this is a list of DRUMMERS, right? Not people smashing sticks on surfaces and calling it art. As for Peart, the current #2 guy, he was inspired by the Master of Exploding Toilets himself. (For you kids that think music is just WUB WUB WEOOW that are voting for other drummers, that means Keith). Listen to Love, Reign O’er Me. That crashing sound you hear at the end is Moon flipping over and destroying his drumset, because he’s just that badass. Fully improvised, for no other reason other than destroying something.
Keith does it without even thinking about it as he was a pure natural talent when it came to playing the drums.
Keith was and still is the master of Rock and Roll drummers.
We can all have our opinions and who we think is best and there are many, many fine drummers in this world. So enjoy them all and remember keith was the best of his time on this planet.M+16
I believe that Peart is the best rock drummer active at this time. But the best goes to Keith. Its hard for me to choose between Keith and Bonham. The reason I picked Keith over Bonham is that Keith came first. Also Keith could get the job done thriving about all over the place while Bonham was very strict about his drumming. Somehow Moon does it all appearing as if he never even had a lesson. His drums solos like Bonhams NO one else, not even Peart could come close to. Thanks for the memories Keith (and Bonham too).M
Just edges bonham, simply a genius on and off the drums.

4.Buddy Rich......Read the rest here..https:///SR3kS4
Re: See World’s Best Drummers. No.10 Will Shock You by RSAMAN(m): 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
Dead link undecidedDead link

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD NEW MUSIC AUDIO : KOEASY X BURNA BOY - LEVEL / MUSIC: Yung Olarmy – Get Down Ft. Ramadel / M.i. Announces Official Tracklisting For “illegal Music 2″ Mixtape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.