Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,418 members, 7,819,509 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

I Celebrate You Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Celebrate You Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (5852 Views)

Chimamanda Ngozi-adichie Celebrates Her 38th Birthday Today / Photo: Chimamanda adichie With Her Handsome Husband / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is now married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Celebrate You Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Vintage: 12:57am On Jun 05, 2007
I got the book on Friday, and am up to page 113. Its very good. However I do not see the point of the white character at all. I like to viisualise the scene whilst I am reading, and the thought of Olanna (who I have already pictured in my mind as a beautiful GODDES, BEING USED AS A EUROPEAN PLAY THING SICKENS ME), ILL KEEP READING ON.
Re: I Celebrate You Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Everbright(f): 10:28am On Jun 06, 2007
My role Model
Re: I Celebrate You Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by tpia: 8:14pm On Jun 06, 2007
Raining so many praises on her, now, will not encourage the lady to improve her performance.

she's trying, but there's still a lot of work to be done. Some rough edges still need to be polished.

I really wouldnt compare her to Chinua Achebe at this time. However, others may.
Re: I Celebrate You Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Bulga(m): 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2007
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie won Britain's Orange Prize for fiction by women, becoming the first African to take the award in its 12-year history.

She is beautiful and simply the best at what she does.
Click on the below link for more info:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070606/ap_on_en_ot/books_orange_prize

Re: I Celebrate You Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by uchetobi(f): 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2007
Where can I get her books pls
Re: I Celebrate You Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Orikinla(m): 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2007
You can get her two novels at the following bookshops in Nigeria.

Glendora, Falomo Shopping Centre, Falomo, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Glendora, Murtala Muhammad International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos.

Rainbow Bookshop, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Any of the leading book stores in the US and UK should have her novels or simply order online from Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.
Re: I Celebrate You Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Vitastraka(m): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2007
Salute

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Adventure Of Corper John (part 1) / Why I Decided To Use My Right Hand- Akintayo Akinjide / How I Fu.cked My Primary 4 Teacher (+18)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.