Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Praise God, I Am A Feminist! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Praise God, I Am A Feminist! (510 Views)

An Emirati Singing Yoruba Praise And Worship In His Shop In Dubai. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Praise God, I Am A Feminist! by teejay137(f): 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2016
The word ' Feminist' seems to be getting a lot of bad press in Nigeria. Feminists have been blamed for a lot of societal ills including but not limited to rising divorce rates and juvenile delinquency so i decided to find out exactly what or who a feminist is. I GRABBED A DICTIONARY and looked up the word feminist and this is what i got;
Feminist: A supporter of feminism, relating to or advocating equal rights for women.
Feminism/ Feminist movement: the movement aimed at equal rights for women.
I am pretty sure there are other dictionaries with more elaborate definitions but this is good enough for me.
I still don't get what is so negative about that but i suppose there are others who share the same sentiments WITH THAT GENTLEMAN so i will respond to that inbox out here and answer everyone once and for all.
I am not one for labels and tags but;
1.If a feminist is someone who believes there is nothing extraordinarily special about a man WHICH puts him above women,
then YES, I AM A FEMINIST.
2. If a feminist is someone who says if both partners work and have an income, then both should share financial as well as other responsibilities in the home,
3. If a feminist is someone who says a man is not more clever, wiser, more deserving of respect or deserving of adoration and worship, simple because he is male,
then YES I AM A FEMINIST.
4. If a feminist is someone who says, the kitchen is not the sole responsibility of a woman, except she is a stay at home mother, and that whoever gets home first, can and should start dinner,
5. If a feminist is someone who says both parents must raise their kids together, and this includes; shopping for them, grooming, discipline, helping out with home work, attending PTA meetings and other school events, training, educating, loving, providing and doing everything else for and with the kids,
6. If A FEMINIST IS SOMEONE WHO SAYS A MAN HAS ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY ABUSE HIS WIFE AND CONSTANTLY THREATEN TO SEND HER BACK TO HER FATHER'S HOUSE,
then, I AM DEFINITELY A FEMINIST.
7. If a feminist is someone who says a man, read husband can cook, do laundry, do dishes, clean the rooms, bathrooms and toilets, and take his daughters to the hairdresser's or his sons to the barbershop,
8. If a feminist is someone who says instead of demanding respect (that you are usually even undeserving of because you have fallen short), a man should earn respect, heck, every human being should earn respect,
then YES I AMA FEMINIST.
9. If a feminist is one who says a woman can refuse to have sex if she is too tired, not well enough, not interested or the husband is crappy in bed,
10. If a feminist is someone who says young girls should reach the peak of their chosen careers and not feel the need to remain small so that their men can feel 'big, important and manly',
then PRAISE THE LORD, i am a feminist.

2 Likes

Re: Praise God, I Am A Feminist! by babasolution: 9:41am On Oct 28, 2016
This feminist,because they have the free rein to espouse their ideas,they think they d only ones that hav ideas,i wonder how it wud b if men started espousing masculinism,i dnt hav a problem wit feminism as long as u do it in ur bedroom,not trolling platforms created by men n trying to force ur ideas on men,practise feminism in your own domain,dnt try to force d culture on people,a woman can proclaim feminist alk she wants,but theirs no place for such ideas in my life and family,
Re: Praise God, I Am A Feminist! by babasolution: 9:44am On Oct 28, 2016
This feminist,because they have the free rein to espouse their ideas,they think they d only ones that hav ideas,i wonder how it wud b if men started espousing masculinism,i dnt hav a problem wit feminism as long as u do it in ur bedroom,not trolling platforms created by men n trying to force ur ideas on men,practise feminism in your own domain,dnt try to force d culture on people,a woman can proclaim feminism all she wants,but theirs no place for such ideas in my life and family,dnt force it on us,let people live their lives the way they want it,women are just envious of men,d root of feminism is envy of men

(1) (Reply)

The Irony Of Bbnaija / Say No To Xenophobia!!! - Prophet Tb Joshua / How To Develop A Reading Habit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.