Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

The Online Syndrome: Before, Now And Later - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Online Syndrome: Before, Now And Later (359 Views)

EBS Volumes Don't Initialize On Windows Server 2016 And Later Amis / The Online Ride Hailing Application Ak-taxi With Offer Your Fare Set To Launch / Borrow Money Instantly, Pay Later Conveniently With V-xchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Online Syndrome: Before, Now And Later by yinkuscious(m): 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gone are those days when we treck to our friends houses because we want to see them or have a message for them. Unfortunately at times, after having walked and gone through such effort to see them, what we meet is their "absence" due to lack of prior notice. We know how painful and disappointing that can be.

Never again are those days when breaking news were received on the television, radio or news papers. Sometimes , needless to say, the media outlets fed us with news that were either outdated or fabricated.

Today, we visit our friends lesser yet our friendship thrived, with the littlest effort we get updated information on things happening around us. Thanks to the internet!

Now you may wonder.. do people still visit media outlets? The answer is yes, but even they increasingly rely on the internet for a wider outreach. What an Irony!
Breaking news are first received online, like a bread baked and freshly brought out of the oven. Kudos to the social media. l can't afford not to mention organisations like Alison.com, EDX among others that are providing online education in various areas of discipline. Suffice it to say, learning is not only done in classrooms but also "online".

Need I mention Uber ? Committed to taking you anywhere with just a click away , Konga and Jumia are not lacking, they deliver goods to you at your pace.
Ever heard of mile12plus.com Order your soup according to your preference and all you need is just to get your appetite on because you are just a click away from this great service. Isn't it magical!

Even a little bit of romance is not left behind on the Internet, social media has brought so many couples together. No more stalking dudes, life is so much better!
Now the top trending social media are Whatsapp, Facebook, instagram, BBM and Twitter. Some peoples lives do turn upside down once they receive notification on their phones. Until they check the message, they won't remain the same.

A friend of mine is an Admin of a whatsapp group page "Lofty Readers Network" which is really a blessing to hundreds of people, myself included.
Freelancer.com provides people with the opportunity to get part time job without even seeing their clients.
What I am still saying is, remove Internet and the world will be at a complete loss!

So much to be said about things that are done online today, and they are great! The world won't forget those that have made these possible and those that are making good use of it. Maybe, i should announce my new website that will be launched soon ? Nah...I don't think so..

Let me draw your attention to the last part of this write up. Some 10-15 years ago, nobody will talk about Facebook like it is today, some 20 years ago, no one would think that most of the things being done online today will be possible. Now, why don't we think the unthinkable.

Probably, we will be having weddings being carried out online soon... picture this-where people won't need to gather together, but they will connect together online... with the ring and the vows....hmmmm, seems ridiculous? You never can tell but it will greatly save wedding cost and that of "asoebi"...... Weird, right ? I know..most of us will definitely miss the "Jollof rice."
What about a country on the internet? Where the citizens, policy and government will only exist online.
We might as well have online food? Crazy? Think about your gadgets disk space. Invisible, but yet it is getting full.

The future belongs to those who can see it before it happens.. Though, this ones are crazy and even creepy.
Scientists are committed to bringing to pass the unthinkable and the unimaginable. In case any of these come to pass, remember that Olajide Ola'Emmanuel said it first

(1) (Reply)

Flavourway Music Platform / Were To Buy Physics Lab.apparatus In Lagos? / What Is The Most Powerful And Versatile Video Player For Macos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.