Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

My Sincere Advice To The Latest Pcms - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Sincere Advice To The Latest Pcms (1027 Views)

NYSC Automatic Revalidation For Pcms That Missed Camp In 2018 Batch A / NYSC Orientation Camp Questions & Answers By Pcms / 2016 Batch B Pcms Who Have Successfully Registered Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sincere Advice To The Latest Pcms by azibit: 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
Have you ever seen a ship leaving the harbour without a destination, well if you ever find such, it will never make it anywhere important. This is same for a corp member leaving his/her home for the Youth Service without any plans of what he/she wants to achieve. What a corp member wants to become a year after service should be planned even before leaving your home otherwise you are just like a particle on the ocean following the trend of the waves to exactly nowhere.
First of all, decide what it is you want to be in Life. I mean 20 or 30 years from now, what is it that you would love to be and make sure part of those plans are achieved during your service year. I do not mean that you should keep a rigid life but at least have a simple plan that follows in the part of who you want to be in the future.
I want to be a professor, then at least start reading journals during your service year, volunteer to teach, research about problems in your field and many more activities that can move you towards becoming a professor and can be achieved during the service year. The plans you should make are such that no location whatsoever can greatly change your plans.
Secondly, build the key characteristics that you want to uphold in life during NYSC. Most people you meet during service should only see a hardworking youth who is honest and disciplined. Never compromise what is the BEST for what is normal. Remember that CONFIRMITY is the killer of the soul. Be different, don't conform to what is normal but conform to the BEST of attitude.
Thirdly, the uniform you would be putting on might get you opportunities you never thought were really there. Be friends with people in yiur community who are in the path same as yours and also leave legacies that you would be remembered for. It is not always about the MONEY.
These piece of advice I am giving are those I wished I held when I served. Some I followed but a lot I didn't.

Also, join religious bodies and do the best you can because one with God is never alone. Also, participate in various NYSC leadership posts and learn to deal with people right from now. Volunteer for President, Leader and any more that you can and do your best.

Finally, keep your purpose solely to please GOD and always do your best in whatever you do.
Have a lovely service year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sincere Advice To The Latest Pcms by mumumugu(m): 11:21pm On Oct 28, 2016
nice

1 Like

Re: My Sincere Advice To The Latest Pcms by beycity(m): 11:51pm On Oct 28, 2016
This is really good.

1 Like

Re: My Sincere Advice To The Latest Pcms by jwax: 6:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
God bless you for dis

1 Like

Re: My Sincere Advice To The Latest Pcms by Doyin400l(m): 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2016
azibit:
Have you ever seen a ship leaving the harbour without a destination, well if you ever find such, it will never make it anywhere important. This is same for a corp member leaving his/her home for the Youth Service without any plans of what he/she wants to achieve. What a corp member wants to become a year after service should be planned even before leaving your home otherwise you are just like a particle on the ocean following the trend of the waves to exactly nowhere.
First of all, decide what it is you want to be in Life. I mean 20 or 30 years from now, what is it that you would love to be and make sure part of those plans are achieved during your service year. I do not mean that you should keep a rigid life but at least have a simple plan that follows in the part of who you want to be in the future.
I want to be a professor, then at least start reading journals during your service year, volunteer to teach, research about problems in your field and many more activities that can move you towards becoming a professor and can be achieved during the service year. The plans you should make are such that no location whatsoever can greatly change your plans.
Secondly, build the key characteristics that you want to uphold in life during NYSC. Most people you meet during service should only see a hardworking youth who is honest and disciplined. Never compromise what is the BEST for what is normal. Remember that CONFIRMITY is the killer of the soul. Be different, don't conform to what is normal but conform to the BEST of attitude.
Thirdly, the uniform you would be putting on might get you opportunities you never thought were really there. Be friends with people in yiur community who are in the path same as yours and also leave legacies that you would be remembered for. It is not always about the MONEY.
These piece of advice I am giving are those I wished I held when I served. Some I followed but a lot I didn't.

Also, join religious bodies and do the best you can because one with God is never alone. Also, participate in various NYSC leadership posts and learn to deal with people right from now. Volunteer for President, Leader and any more that you can and do your best.

Finally, keep your purpose solely to please GOD and always do your best in whatever you do.
Have a lovely service year
Are u God Man propose but Jah dispose it.
mind your godly advice kwanu.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! / 2017 Batch B Stream 2 Timetable / Ibadan To Cross River (hookup Zone)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.