Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,893 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

What Happened To Quail Farming? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Happened To Quail Farming? (1041 Views)

How To Start Small Scale Quail Farming / Detailed Guide To Quail Farming / Quail Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Quail Farming? by Sttimmy1(m): 10:17am On Oct 29, 2016
Hello, great farmers.,I will like to know what happened to Quail eggs and Quail farming in Nigeria, especially the southwest region. I remembered there was a season almost every farmer was obsessed with quail farming,even health practitioners claimed Quail eggs r very beneficial to the human body. Suddenly, I didn't hear anything about quails again. Great farmers, pls educate me on what went wrong. Is there a government restriction to Quail farming, is it a seasonal thing, or is there any religious taboo to Quail. I will like to know, your comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks, and av a great weekend.
Re: What Happened To Quail Farming? by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 29, 2016
Sttimmy1:
Hello, great farmers.,I will like to know what happened to Quail eggs and Quail farming in Nigeria, especially the southwest region. I remembered there was a season almost every farmer was obsessed with quail farming,even health practitioners claimed Quail eggs r very beneficial to the human body. Suddenly, I didn't hear anything about quails again. Great farmers, pls educate me on what went wrong. Is there a government restriction to Quail farming, is it a seasonal thing, or is there any religious taboo to Quail. I will like to know, your comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks, and av a great weekend.

People eventually realized it was a scam. . . afterall quail egg is just 'eyin aparo' and it had always been around. . . so all those medicinal qualities they claimed it had were all overblown. If you like eat 100 quail eggs, it won't cure anything.

Today it's aloe vera, tomorrow it's ginseng, the day after moringa. . . not that they don't work, but marketers make them appear like magic products. . . and it ends up killing the perceived efficacy of the product, cos people expect short term result, especially those who struggle to eat 3 square meals. . .

So, that my friend, is the answer to your question.

4 Likes

Re: What Happened To Quail Farming? by Sttimmy1(m): 11:18am On Oct 29, 2016
Thank you very much for your response,God bless you

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Quail Farming? by curiousmind11: 11:32am On Oct 29, 2016
Sttimmy1:

Like most things in Naija, it was trending. If you observe, once one person make claims of making money from a particular venture, virtually everyone wants to go into such venture. Such was the case of Quail farming.

Also, the huge health claims may have been exaggerated. So when consumers didn't get the expected effects, consumption dropped.

If you have a Quail farm, be dedicated and focus, you will hammer. Most real farmers, who make a living from farming hardly have time to post online.

Just my layman points of view.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Quail Farming? by Sttimmy1(m): 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
Hmmm.... Thanks, nice contributions
Re: What Happened To Quail Farming? by Baroba(m): 5:25pm On Oct 29, 2016
Interesting conversation, funny enough I just bought some from a local market in UK where I stay. People who have no genuine interest rearing quails jumped on the bandwagon. once the fad died down, they quickly abandoned it... Me, I still enjoy it, these four birds cost me £6, not cheap around here...

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Quail Farming? by Sttimmy1(m): 5:31pm On Oct 29, 2016
Wow.. It 's kinda expensive over their, you are on point
Re: What Happened To Quail Farming? by Mmkgroup5(f): 12:00am On Nov 18, 2019
Lol

People eventually realized it was a scam. . . afterall quail egg is just 'eyin aparo' and it had always been around. . . so all those medicinal qualities they claimed it had were all overblown. If you like eat 100 quail eggs, it won't cure anything.

Today it's aloe vera, tomorrow it's ginseng, the day after moringa. . . not that they don't work, but marketers make them appear like magic products. . . and it ends up killing the perceived efficacy of the product, cos people expect short term result, especially those who struggle to eat 3 square meals. . .

So, that my friend, is the answer to your question.

(1) (Reply)

Cashew Nuts Is Available In Large Quantities / Agricultural Machinery's For Sale / Urgently needed Combine Harvester For Rice And Soybeans For Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.