Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

EPL : Westbrom Vs Manchester City Today At 3:00pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL : Westbrom Vs Manchester City Today At 3:00pm (456 Views)

Manchester City Vs Arsenal At (3 - 1) Live / Westbrom Vs Manchester United - (0 - 2) - Live / Chelsea Vs Westbrom (1 - 0) On 11th December 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EPL : Westbrom Vs Manchester City Today At 3:00pm by luvola(m): 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
TEAM NEWS West Brom defender Jonny Evans returns after serving a one-match ban. However, Claudio Yacob is suspended after accumulating five yellow cards, while Saido Berahino won't be considered due to a lack of fitness. Manchester City will assess midfielder Kevin de Bruyne, who injured his calf against Southampton last weekend. Defender Pablo Zabaleta could be involved after missing the last two games with a foot injury, while captain Vincent Kompany is available. MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES Guy Mowbray: "Behind Pep Guardiola's polite smile, there seems a growing irritation with being asked if he's prepared to change his style of play to get Manchester City winning again. "Not a chance. There's a quest for a kind of footballing perfection at play here, and at times they've been close to it already this season - just ask Ronald Koeman. "If the frustration of City fans is that it's all a bit 'over done' at times, then their Albion counterparts have contrary concerns. "Like Guardiola though, Tony Pulis - who this week extended his contract until 2018 - is not for changing. "Both have been successful enough in their own way to stay true to their ideas. "Both could really do with a win. In their own way." Twitter: @Guymowbray WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY West Brom head coach Tony Pulis on his new contract: "This is a time of great change at Albion and when that happens you need continuity. "I want to build things here and play my part in improving the club. You cannot do these things overnight but I do believe, step by step, we are making advances. "I think the bulk of our fans understand the process we embarked upon under the shadow of relegation less than two years ago." Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on City's six-match winless run: "For the players, they don't deserve this. We are in this period like it is but it will make us stronger in the future, I am sure about that. "I need time to learn, to improve. I'm still in that process. We have to learn as quickly as possible." LAWRO'S PREDICTION I will be at this game for BBC Radio 5 live and I am expecting the Baggies to make life difficult for Manchester City, or at least try to - but I think Pep Guardiola's six- game winless run will end at the Hawthorns. Prediction: 0-2
m.bbc.com/sport/football/37737767
Re: EPL : Westbrom Vs Manchester City Today At 3:00pm by donjazet(m): 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2016
luvola:
TEAM NEWS
West Brom defender Jonny Evans returns
after serving a one-match ban.
However, Claudio Yacob is suspended
after accumulating five yellow cards, while
Saido Berahino won't be considered due
to a lack of fitness.
Manchester City will assess midfielder
Kevin de Bruyne, who injured his calf
against Southampton last weekend.
Defender Pablo Zabaleta could be
involved after missing the last two games
with a foot injury, while captain Vincent
Kompany is available.
MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
Guy Mowbray: "Behind Pep Guardiola's
polite smile, there seems a growing
irritation with being asked if he's prepared
to change his style of play to get
Manchester City winning again.
"Not a chance. There's a quest for a kind
of footballing perfection at play here, and
at times they've been close to it already
this season - just ask Ronald Koeman.
"If the frustration of City fans is that it's
all a bit 'over done' at times, then their
Albion counterparts have contrary
concerns.
"Like Guardiola though, Tony Pulis - who
this week extended his contract until 2018
- is not for changing.
"Both have been successful enough in
their own way to stay true to their ideas.
"Both could really do with a win. In their
own way."
Twitter: @Guymowbray
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
West Brom head coach Tony Pulis on his
new contract: "This is a time of great
change at Albion and when that happens
you need continuity.
"I want to build things here and play my
part in improving the club. You cannot do
these things overnight but I do believe,
step by step, we are making advances.
"I think the bulk of our fans understand
the process we embarked upon under the
shadow of relegation less than two years
ago."
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on
City's six-match winless run: "For the
players, they don't deserve this. We are in
this period like it is but it will make us
stronger in the future, I am sure about
that.
"I need time to learn, to improve. I'm still
in that process. We have to learn as
quickly as possible."
LAWRO'S PREDICTION
I will be at this game for BBC Radio 5 live
and I am expecting the Baggies to make
life difficult for Manchester City, or at least
try to - but I think Pep Guardiola's six-
game winless run will end at the
Hawthorns.
Prediction: 0-2

m.bbc.com/sport/football/37737767

I thought guardiola would lose this match at the hawthorns today.
Anyways no shaking

(1) (Reply)

10 Players Who Joined Real Madrid And Regretted It / Premier League Weekend Review / Forza Milan!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.