Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Help With A Javascript Code - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help With A Javascript Code (1159 Views)

Need Someone To Help With My Javascript Code / What To Learn Before A Javascript Framework / Javascript Code Not Performing Its Functionality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With A Javascript Code by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
Good P.M gurus and guruine's pls who can help me out with this code.
How can i use regExp to make a userguess case-insensitive if correct.

e.g <!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
bla bla bla
</head>
<body>
<h1> Guess A Month </h1><label for = "guess"> Input your Guess </label>
<input id = "guess" type = "text">
<button type = "button"> Click to Submit Guess </button>

<script>
var me = document.getElementById("guess"wink;
function guessMonth() { var myMonth = ["January", "February", "March",....//up to December]

var randomGuess = Math.floor(Math.random() * 12) + 1
var userGuess = myMonth[randomGuess];
if (me.value == userGuess) {window.alert("Congratulations"wink }
}
//ll still add other functionalities, but this is where my problem lies
</script>
</body>
</html>
my question is now, how can i write the code so that if the user inputs JANUARY or january or JAnuARY or so... he will still be correct if the guessed value was "January" as contained in the array.

pls i would really appreciate your answers
Re: Help With A Javascript Code by alexisSr(f): 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
var checkEqual = me.toUpperCase()===user.toUpperCase()

1 Like

Re: Help With A Javascript Code by alexisSr(f): 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
as long as the two strings contain the same sequence of characters, checkEqual will be true.
Re: Help With A Javascript Code by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2016
alexisSr:
as long as the two strings contain the same sequence of characters, checkEqual will be true.
wow... thanks bro, i guess me.toUpperCase === userGuess.toUpperCase converts the two strings to upper case value
Re: Help With A Javascript Code by alexisSr(f): 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
nelsonchrisx:

wow... thanks bro, i guess me.toUpperCase === userGuess.toUpperCase converts the two strings to upper case value
Not explicitly. It checks whether the two values when converted to uppercase are equal. The actual values of both variables will remain unchanged....I be lady o lol.

1 Like

Re: Help With A Javascript Code by noordean(m): 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2016
nelsonchrisx:

Don't forget, it's not the element "me" itself u are converting to uppercase, but rather the value of the element.
Re: Help With A Javascript Code by SeunLanLege(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2016
Dude, ever heard of jQuery?
Re: Help With A Javascript Code by noordean(m): 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
SeunLanLege:
Dude, ever heard of jQuery?
As a beginner, I think one needs to build the foundation before moving to these libraries. Or what do u think?

2 Likes

Re: Help With A Javascript Code by gidimasters(m): 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2016
alexisSr:

Yeah exactly....I be lady o lol.
Hello, please can I pm you?
Re: Help With A Javascript Code by alexisSr(f): 9:28am On Oct 31, 2016
gidimasters:

Hello, please can I pm you?
Sure why not.

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed / How To Become A Professional Web Designer And Programmer / Get Ecommerce Website With Android App (like Jumia)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.