Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

A New Chapter (An Emotional Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A New Chapter (An Emotional Story) (732 Views)

My boss is an Ass chapter one / [story]o.g.b.a.n.j.e (the Child Of Thunder) Chapter 1 / You Will Change The Way You Live Your Life After Reading This Emotional Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A New Chapter (An Emotional Story) by Oshikoyafrank(m): 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2016
"Hey, glad you guys could make it," Leah greeted upon opening the door. She beckoned her three friends inside her mansion before shutting the door with a gentle click. A smile graced her lips as she brought her hands together in a clap. "Why don't you all set your luggage down here, where you can retrieve it later? For now, follow me to the lounging room. We can chat from there."

"Sure thing," Micky, a boy wearing red glasses, agreed after dropping his suitcase. He smacked his lips before chewing loudly. His jawline motioned up and down.
"I know you have gum," Cerise, a girl wearing a beige sweater, stated. She quirked a black eyebrow up, hinting at something.

"Want some?" he asked, guessing correct.
"Yea-"

"Just kidding." A smirk spread across Micky's smug face. "I'm chewing the last piece." He tipped his red fedora down an inch before continuing to chew his gum, ignoring the glare Cerise shot him. Being a troll was his specialty.

"Here we are," Leah announced after guiding them to their destination. She gestured to the grand lounging room.

Dwarf bulbs cast a dim lighting over the area. The scent of lavender candles lingered in the atmosphere. Plushy sofas, ranging from a soft lime green to a sky blue, were aligned against the stark white walls, facing a lit fireplace. A rainbow rug was positioned in between the elegant furnishes and hearth. A table was sitting in a corner, presenting an abundance of refreshments. Everyone settled down on a couch after grabbing a can of their favored soda, save for Micky. After snagging a dripping wet can and spitting his gum out in a nearby trashcan, Micky sat down on the rainbow rug with crossed legs.

"This is nice," Micky remarked, smoothing the rug out with a hand. He ran his index finger over an orange line and picked at the tiny strands of fuzz.

"Don't harass it, Mick," Cerise said. "It has feelings too."

"So," Leah drawled, emphasizing the two-letter word. She leaned forward in her seat, eying all three of her friends, "what are we going to do with our lives from now on?" She asked the question like she was trying to decide over milk or orange juice for breakfast.

She turned to Richard, a boy attired in all black. His face was smeared with severe racoon-like eyeliner. Leather straps and chains adorned the belt of his skinny jeans. Diamond studs and piercings decorated both his ears. He hadn't uttered a word since he got here.

"Well Richard, why don't we start with you?" Leah inquired.

Richard leaned back against the sofa. He crossed his arms behind his back. "I think I'm going to sell drugs."

"Richard, I was being serious."

"I'm going to slay myself over college or whatever and pull so many all-nighters that I'll hallucinate. The rest will flow from there."

Leah beamed. "That's better. Who's next?"
Micky's hand, the one not holding a can of Sprite, shot up in the air. He swung it around, waving the noodle-like limb from side to side. "Oh, me! Pick me, sensei!"

"Micky, what do you plan on doing with your life?"

"I'm gonna watch anime over the summer, and then I'm gonna apply for a part-time job at some store. Then, after that, I'll suffer through four to six years of college just to earn a sheet of paper. Then I'll get a job at some company, work for fifty years as the laziest employee ever, retire, and then screw around with my grandchildren's minds." Micky slapped his hands together to high-five himself, denting both sides of his can. "Bam. That's what I'm gonna do in life."
"Okay then." Typical Micky. Leah turned to Cerise, who was sitting to her left. "Cerise?"
"Unlike you guys, I actually look forward to diving into what the future offers me." A grin tugged Cerise's lips as she crossed her arms. "Girls, I'mma be a fashion designer. I already got the steps on how to become my dream job and everything."

"That's great," Leah chirped.

"And what about you, blondie?" Blondie was the nickname Cerise always used to refer to Leah.

"Well, I plan on joining the local community college first before deciding to do anything else. Then, after that, I'll strive for a career as an architect."

"Shapes love you," Richard remarked sarcastically.

"All right, enough talk about this junk." Micky cracked open his soda can. He raised it in the air, grinning. "A toast, guys? A toast for high school

finally being over?"

"If you can reach us from your spot on the rainbow rug," Cerise teased, gesturing to the green couch everyone else was seated on.
Micky shuffled his knees across the shaggy carpet. He held his can up high, flourishing it in his friends' faces. "Now can we have a toast?"

Leah smiled. "Sure."

After shouting out their cheers in unison, everyone clinked their cans and chugged. Cerise gulped down her Orange Fanta like she hadn't drank anything in days. Micky slurped his Sprite loudly. Richard sipped his Pepsi in a laid-back fashion. Leah tasted her Mountain Dew once. She wasn't a big fan of sugary beverages, but this was a special occasion.... CONTINUE READING @

http://www.gisttrace.com/2016/10/a-new-chapter-emotional-story.html?m=1

Re: A New Chapter (An Emotional Story) by Oshikoyafrank(m): 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2016
An Emotional Story

(1) (Reply)

Please Can You Name This Book? / Aba Book Club Hosts Nairaland Author, Domawoleye, As "Author Of The Month" / Can A Poem Market In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.