Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) (4167 Views)

"Feddie Girl" By Nona David -- Now available in NIGERIA / Book Reviews For "Feddie Girl By Nona David" / New Novel by Nona David (FEDDIE GIRL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) by Joan4427(f): 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2009
FEDDIE GIRL: The Hilarious Adventures of an American Teen in a Nigerian Federal School

FEDDIE GIRL is an international adventure/thriller about the experiences of an American teenager in a Nigerian (West Africa) boarding school. This novel offers a unique reading experience--witty, fun, and exhilarating. The masterful suspense, action, and sub-plot will curl your toes, keep you reading all night, and leave you thirsting for more.

WHERE TO BUY:
From Publisher: Bernard Books publishing https://bernardbooks.com/links.html
From Amazon.com, eBay.com, Barnes & Noble.com and Froogle.com

ALSO AVAILABLE IN NIGERIA See details of Sales Agents and locations on https://bernardbooks.com/news.html

BOOK DETAILS

Book Title: [/b]FEDDIE GIRL: The Hilarious Adventures of an American Teen in a Nigerian Federal School
[b]Author:
Nona David
Publication Date: February 2010
Copyright: [/b]July 2009 by Bernard Books Publishing, USA
[b]Type:
US Trade Paperback
Page No: 400
ISBN: [/b]978-0-9824526-0-8
[b]Deal:
Get it from the publisher at 35% off the cover price.

BOOK BACK BLURB:

Carlotta Ikedi (A.k.a Feddie Girl) has never liked school. Not in California. Not in Oklahoma. When her exasperated parents ship her off to boarding school–in West Africa–Carlotta faces a life, culture, and existence unlike anything she’s ever known.

School rules and regulations, rising bell, lights-out, manual labor, inspections, dining time, prefects, punishments, mean bunkmates, and visiting days–it’s all here. But author Nona David takes Carlotta’s story a step further when her adventure’s lead to unfortunate incidents that threaten to drive her American family into the clutches of infidelity and organized crime.

Boarding school doesn’t get any better than this…

For those who have experienced the boarding school life, the adventures of Feddie Girl will bring those memories crashing back… For anyone else, get ready to see the world as Feddie Girl.

Read Excerpts: https://bernardbooks.com/subpage.html

For questions about bulk purchase, please contact:

Joan Peck (Book Publicist)
Bernard Books Publishing
P.O. Box 11016
Cincinnati, OHIO 45211
USA

[email]joan.peck@bernardbooks.com[/email]
https://bernardbooks.com
Re: FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) by Ifez: 6:32am On Nov 04, 2009
Finally, the FEDDIE GIRL book is here!!! Hurray!!! smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy

Is it already in Nigeria?
Re: FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) by Ifez: 6:11am On Nov 19, 2009
This book is now in Nigeria!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy
Re: FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) by queenesthr(f): 9:46am On Nov 19, 2009
Can i have an idea who Nona David is?
Re: FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) by Ifez: 1:19am On Nov 20, 2009
queenesthr:

Can i have an idea who Nona David is?

Nona David is the author of "Feddie Girl" I believe she's American. She's also on Facebook.

Re: FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) by semid4lyfe(m): 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2009
About the Author : Nona David

Nona David currently lives with her husband in Cincinnati Ohio. She has a passion for foreign cultures and zeal to visit new places, learn new languages, and experience new things. Her background, friends, and experiences in Nigeria, West Africa is the major influence for her debut novel, FEDDIE GIRL.

Nona loves to read and believes every reading experience should be fun and exciting. Her target audience is mainly females between the ages of 13-55; and anyone who simply enjoys reading quality fiction.

Become a Fan of Feddie Girl on Facebook and Follow Bernard Books on Twitter

A Special Thanks goes out to Joan over at Bernard Books Publishing for the opportunity to take a peek into those turbulent teen years within a different culture!
Re: FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) by Ifez: 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2009
I heard secondary schools (Federal & Private) are now contracting the book. Is that true? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Do you think they're thinking of using it as a literature novel? Lwkmd! grin

It's a great book, sha. I guess our youths and Young Adults will benefit from it. cool
Re: FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:28am On Nov 24, 2009
Have they run out of novels by Nigerians to use as literature texts that they'll now use Feddie Girl? Make them take am stock up their libraries sha. Maybe my lil' sis will borrow it and bring it home for me to read.
Re: FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) by Ifez: 3:20am On Nov 24, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Have they run out of novels by Nigerians to use as literature texts that they'll now use Feddie Girl?

Shakespeare, Mayor of Casterbridge, Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies, etc,
Are they all written by Nigerians? Did you not read some or all of them in sec sch?
Versatility is the key, my brother.

Just keep it simple, shey u get? wink
Re: FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) by Joan4427(f): 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2009
This novel is available on Amazon.com and eBay.

Purchase from the publisher's website and receive free shipping till Dec 31st 2009: https://bernardbooks.com/links.html

The novel is also available in Nigeria. See agents' locations and contact details: [url]https://bernardbooks.com/news.html
[/url]
Re: FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) by Ifez: 1:39am On Jan 07, 2010
I love this book cos as an ex-feddy babe, I can relate with the characters and events on a personal level. Lol!

This book is a must-read! I recommend it to everyone.

Preview chapters and reviews are provided on the publisher's website: https://bernardbooks.com/gpage.html

You can also get this book in NAIJA. See the publisher's website for details on where to get it: https://bernardbooks.com/news.html

This book is a must-read, I tell you! wink
Re: FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) by Ifez: 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2010
The novel, FEDDIE GIRL, featured Funke Akindele (as Jenifa) and her comical storming of campus dressed in pyjamas and red boots. This creditable mention of Funke in a novel written by an American author makes critics wonder if the Nollywood super star is not indeed the best Nigerian actress of this decade.

Several other Nollywood super stars including Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jolade, Chioma Chukwuka-Akpotha, Rita Dominic, Stephanie Okereke, RMD, Van Vicker, and Ramsey Nouah also featured in this hilarious, nostalgia-inducing novel about a rebellious American teenage girl sent to boarding school in Nigeria to gain a decent education and learn valuable life lessons and reform her ways.

Readers love the book and reviewers say it offers a unique reading experience that is witty, fun, and exhilarating. They call it a must-read and rate the author, Nona David, as one who is destined to get to the top. The masterful suspense, action, and sub-plot will curl your toes, keep you reading all night, and leave you thirsting for more.

Never has an American author represented the valued culture and way of life of Nigerians like Nona David has done in her novel "Feddie Girl."
Re: FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) by Joan4427(f): 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Have they run out of novels by Nigerians to use as literature texts that they'll now use Feddie Girl? Make them take am stock up their libraries sha. Maybe my lil' sis will borrow it and bring it home for me to read.

What do you know? I guess they need more than they've got at the moment. Either that or they are looking for themed novels that drive certain messages home.
Anyway, they are stocking now so feel free to ask your sister to check-out a copy for you from her school library, if that's the only way you get to read the whole novel.

(1) (Reply)

No More Commonwealth Book Prize / The Great Tribulation Of John (fantasy) / Funmi (A Thrilling Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.