Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Where Does Cain Got His Wife From - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does Cain Got His Wife From (508 Views)

RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" / If Adam And Eve Were The Only Human Created By God,Then, Who Cain Got Married To / Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Does Cain Got His Wife From by ajiboye007(m): 8:41am On Oct 31, 2016
The best answer to the common question on HOW CAIN GOT HIS WIFE.

When Adam and Eve gave birth to Cain and Abel, as at that
time there were only 4 people on earth i.e (Adam, Eve, Cain,
Abel). Bible said, Cain killed Abel and was cursed by God.
Now it was left with only 3 people on earth i.e (Adam, Eve,
Cain)
Now according to the bible, Cain travelled to a town called
Nod and married and gave birth to children with her.
Genesis 4:17
Now my question is, which other human did Cain marry?

REBUTTAL

The only problem you got is just that you are making assumption.
You failed to ask yourself reasonable question if your assumption would make it through.

Questions like :
1) did Cain murdered Abel when they were kids?
I know your answer would be they were grown and matured men. And Seth which was born after Cain's birth was born during an hundred and thirtieth of age of Adam
*[[Gen 5:3]] KJV* And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
Which means Abel died at an hundred and twenty eight/nine of Adam's age.
2) were Adam and Eve created and formed as kids?
They were created and formed as a matured and grown up person.
And they were chased out of Paradise in a short time to when they were created cause they could be no delay for Eve since things were perfect in Paradise
3) The Bible didn't say He married in city of Nod. But you ignorantly went on and say Cain married and born children in the city of Nod. Where did you find that in the Bible?
*[[Gen 4:16-17/KJV]]* %v 16% And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. %v 17% And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he built a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

The Bible only said Cain's wife became pregnant in the land of Nod.
*[[Gen 4:14]] KJV* Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
This shows that Cain had married before the curse and Abel's death, even the tradition says both Abel and Cain were married men before the cruel, because none would marry him in his situation.
Cain has intercourse with his wife proved it to us He married before coming to Nod as Adam and Eve had been together in Paradise , but Eve became pregnant when they were sent out.
4) you made an erroneous assumption by concluding that there were three people on earth after Abel's death when Bible didn't say so.

*[[Gen 4:3]] AKJV* And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering to the LORD.
Bible says IN THE PROCESS OF TIME which means after some time had passed, during the time , was Eve delayed ? For good 100+ years , was she delayed? To imagine that Seth that was born after 130 years was there third born, then Eve experienced delay for 100+ years. That's absurd, and Bible would have made us aware that Eve experience delay for a long period of time after Abel's birth. Did you think of that?
5) To end it all. The tradition claimed Abel and Cain had been in dispute because of woman that Abel married but I don't use those history and tradition to debunk because it is not that true but there lies certain truth which is the fact that Cain was married before he went to Nod and Bible made it known that they were in quarrel due to the sacrifice offered.

To end this all for all
*[[Gen 5:6-7/AKJV]]* %v 6% And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos: %v 7% And Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:
The scripture says Seth lived hundred and Five years and he begot enos and he lived more eight hundred years and seven years and he begot sons and daughters.

AND HE BEGOT SON AND DAUGHTER ……

what does it means. My dear, it never mean those sons and daughters were born after Enos, it means He had many daughters and sons I.e. unnumbered, either before Enos or after Enos, but Enos was the main target in his offspring. You don't agree with me, huh? Then, see this;
*[[Gen 5:3-4/AKJV]]* %v 3% And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth: %v 4% And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
Compare the above two verses with the two below

*[[Gen 5:6-7/AKJV]]* %v 6% And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos: %v 7% And Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:

What's the difference?
The only exception there is the names, nothing else. They required same interpretation and meaning. Assumed we are not told earlier about Cain and Abel, you would have argued that HE BEGOT SONS AND DAUGHTERS means that He begot Seth, then sons and daughters.
Or are you saying Abel or Cain is not his offspring so they were not included in the account of his offspring.

Now read Genesis chapter Five, you will realize that's all important figures, which is the target of the writer are being named and their genealogy is given. The only assumption left for you is to say first born were named and their genealogy is given which is absolutely wrong , just read chapter 5
Conclusion: Since Bible didn't tell us Eve had miscarriage or was delayed for a long period and the Bible says Adam begot sons and daughters after and before Seth. Cain married his Sister.

THANKS TO BROTHER DAVID.
Re: Where Does Cain Got His Wife From by utonwa4u(f): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2016
You are correct.

That Adam and Eve had many other children is both reasonable and supported by Scripture (Genesis 5:4).
The only logical answer to the question “Where did Cain get his wife?” is that he married one of his many sisters.
Centuries later in Moses’ day, God made a law forbidding marriage between close relatives (see Leviticus 18), but such a marriage was not illegal at the time Cain lived. Cain’s wife had to have been one of the many daughters born to Adam and Eve.
There were no health dangers to the offspring of close relatives at that time in history. While unthinkable in today’s world, there was no prohibition against marriage between siblings then.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience Today As A First Timer At Faith Tabernacle(winners Chapel) / The Four Obstacle To The Journey Of Life. (Lucky Douglas Atafo) / Thousands Gather As Water Seeps From Jesus Statue In An Indian Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.