Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Be Sure You Learn Your LANGUAGE - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Be Sure You Learn Your LANGUAGE (562 Views)

People Will Pay You Money If You Learn This Skills / Be Sure To Check Out The Medium Post On N-power Creative. / SEE . . . ANDELA: Learn To Program And Get Paid As You Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Sure You Learn Your LANGUAGE by Chinexd22nd(m): 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
I am thankful to God cos i got a job out of nowhere, just 5 months after service.
Salary is six figures, free transportation and lunch.
I am supposed to be a customer care representative...
Two months into the job now, it has started getting difficult, i have to speak to most of my assigned customers in my dialect, unfortunately i am not really smooth with my language cos a) i grew up in Abuja b) I was never listening or adhered to my peoples' instructions to start speaking my language when i was little... Now e don dey back fire sad embarassed undecided... Oga don dey look me somehow, i feel my job is no longer secured....
I have sworn that my kids must speak my language as much as they will speak English...
You guys should make sure you know ur dialect at least 90%...
Because you might never be sure when it's going to be a life saver or (in my case) a job saver/getter.
I'm so scared and sad right now
Re: Be Sure You Learn Your LANGUAGE by Heavance(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2016
Its compulsory to know ones dialect, same time English... nothing stops us from knowing how to speak at least three languages
Re: Be Sure You Learn Your LANGUAGE by maxwell767(m): 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2016
cheesy thank God I can speak not jst my dialect (igbo) Bt other dialects too...

Yoruba
Hausa
English
French...

grin

1 Like

Re: Be Sure You Learn Your LANGUAGE by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
That guy above me thou undecided

Op, that's the truth jare. We must not 'kill' our dialect. Let's learn to speak it. It saves life at times self.

I remember when I was in a bus and I received a call from my mum. We communicated in our dialect not knowing that the man beside me and even the driver is from my town. Till we got to our destination that day, the other passengers could not stop asking us to speak what they understand cheesy. We were happy to see ourselves in the crowded lag.
Re: Be Sure You Learn Your LANGUAGE by maxwell767(m): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
MissHatey:
That guy above me thou undecided.

tongue

(1) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment At Tayo Akpata University Of Education For Non Academic Staf / Human Resources Officer Vacancy / West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) Next Generation Internships 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.