Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Recession? Nigerians Now Troop To Buy Frog Meat - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recession? Nigerians Now Troop To Buy Frog Meat (950 Views)

Nigerian Man Enjoys Frog Meat With Rice In Uyo (photos) / Nigerian Man Makes Stew With Frog Meat (photos) / Nigerians Turn To Alternatives As Frog Meat Business Booms (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession? Nigerians Now Troop To Buy Frog Meat by Crystal70200: 9:50am On Nov 01, 2016
– A new delicacy may have hopped on to the Nigerian menu especially in the northern part of the country
– Traders from across the country are queuing up to buy frogs in Kano state
– The market is at Dorawa Salau Kadawa, a village in Garun Mallam local government area of Kano state

A report has uncovered a thriving frog market at Dorawa Salau Kadawa, a village in Garun Mallam local government area of Kano state.

Although in the north, people from different parts of Nigeria visit the market to purchase frogs in large quantities to take back home. According to the report, the buyers have erected camps at the village and their activities have had a positive effect on the village’s economy. However, some of the patrons spoken to said the trade in frogs is not a new line of business.

One Sadikatu Ajiboye said she has been in the business for 15 years. According to her, she was bringing kolanut up north to Kano, until she realized that frog meat have a greater turnover in the south.

Source: https://www.naij.com/1030019-nigerians-turn-alternatives-frog-meat-business-booms-photos.html

Re: Recession? Nigerians Now Troop To Buy Frog Meat by INTROVERT(f): 9:53am On Nov 01, 2016
angry
Re: Recession? Nigerians Now Troop To Buy Frog Meat by Sunexy(m): 9:54am On Nov 01, 2016
People go soon dey chop tadpole, hydra, amoeba, spirogyra, etc
cheesy
Re: Recession? Nigerians Now Troop To Buy Frog Meat by ojun50(m): 10:11am On Nov 01, 2016
Na yr fellow hausas n yoruba people they buy am, if na lie ask seun nd mynd44 wey dey like close thread
Re: Recession? Nigerians Now Troop To Buy Frog Meat by acenazt: 10:32am On Nov 01, 2016
Bros no be today naija people begin eat frog ohh. German fish as one man for my area dey call am. So u want tell me say china dey recession?
Re: Recession? Nigerians Now Troop To Buy Frog Meat by IVORY2009(m): 10:59am On Nov 01, 2016
See wat mis-management has done; to our economy grin
Re: Recession? Nigerians Now Troop To Buy Frog Meat by IVORY2009(m): 11:01am On Nov 01, 2016
INTROVERT:
angry

I know u enjoy jumping chicken a lot, I want to place order for everything for u.... grin

(1) (Reply)

Best Cook: Frittata / Efo Shoko / See What I Catch For Bush (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.