Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,857 members, 7,956,233 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:15 AM

How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website (694 Views)

How Can I Display Category List On Mobile Site Wordpress / Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice / E-mail Spamming May Soon Be Against the Law in Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website by Mbeki: 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2009
Please can anyone guide me on how to create an e-mail subscribe and Unsubscribe link on my website. I want to be sending e-mail to people and want them to unsubscribe at will.
Thanks
Re: How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website by yawatide(f): 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2009
Here's a quick and dirty way, assuming you hv the emails stored in a database:

1) Your unsubscribe link cd look like so: www.mbeki.com/emails.php?id=(id column of email in database)&unsubscribe=y

2) When the person clicks the link, of course taking care of sanitizing the input (for example, ensure that id is a number, etc), you store the id and unsubscribe values.

3) You then run an update on the email table, setting unsubscribe to Y where id = the id of the user

That should do it. good luck!
Re: How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website by Mbeki: 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2009
I actually configured the e-mail with MS Outlook. What database are you talking about. i seem to be confused here.
Re: How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website by yawatide(f): 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2009
hmmm, now I am confused to. Not good cool

You mentioned a website at first, not any configuring with outlook. Outlook can't unsubscribe you at all. At best, you can create rules for redirecting certain emails to certain folders. To actually get your name off of a list involves purging your record from a database, hence my response.

hmmm, i am still confused, then again, it takes very little to get me confused tongue
Re: How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website by SamMilla1(m): 11:20pm On Oct 28, 2009
grin grin

yawa you are doing a great job.

its like teaching Physics in Nursery school sometimes. weldone
Re: How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website by yawatide(f): 12:55am On Oct 29, 2009
Thanks smiley

its like teaching Physics in Nursery school sometimes
Is this good or bad?  tongue
Re: How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website by onyengbu1(m): 10:36am On Oct 29, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

Thanks smiley
Is this good or bad? tongue

I think its child abuse. grin grin
Re: How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website by OmniPotens(m): 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2009
It is not child abuse at all. Because you know doesn't mean that others must know and it is not the way you learn that others do. I've seen people that I even give the actual codes to their problems and they still don't get it to work until I code the entire page up for them and upload online. Sometimes you don't blame them but that depends on the task in question and they person too concerned. He might be ready to learn but the atmosphere might be too tensed for him. When all is condusive, that moment I think all tutorials will be well understood and integrated.
Re: How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website by emaginate: 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2009
try using phplist,its free and open source and can easily be installed on your existing website
Re: How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website by onyengbu1(m): 6:55pm On Oct 29, 2009
emaginate:

try using phplist,its free and open source and can easily be installed on your existing website
Now that sounds less like child abuse grin
Re: How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website by yawatide(f): 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2009
Question(s):

Assuming these email addresses are collected via a form, so the poster should then maintain 2 databases/tables, copying from one to the other? Isn't this double work?
Re: How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website by bug24(m): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2009
lol @ onye_ngbu, which one be child abuse again?
Re: How To Create E-mail Subscription List On A Website by hostmot(f): 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2009
I think Mbeki is trying to connect his Microsoft Outlook list with that on his website.

That cannot be done as far as I know (but anything can be possible these days since the web came around).

You would have to choose between manual creation on outlook and automatic subscription on your website.

For automatic subscription, try yawa-ti-de's logic or phplist as someone suggested. If its too tough for you, hire a coder.

Olawunmi,
Hostmot Sales Rep. (www.hostmot.com)

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Take To Set Up A Payment Processor Like Graphcard Ana Fastecash / Download Google Sniper (75$ Money Making E-book) For Free / Can Anyone Tell Me How To Create A Dvd For Any Information I Ve In Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.