Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,337 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience (14644 Views)

N-Power Registration 2020: Share Your Experience / Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted / Real Reason Why NPF Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnels Is Taking Too Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by Sanchez01: 7:37am On Nov 08, 2016
Adebimpe1:
Very funny how we all want to be employed but are not willing to answer simple questions. If I had a company and I'm willing to recruit new guys, I certainly will ask questions, regarded as "dumb" by candidates. These "dumb" questions are simply meant to test you psychological limits, how far you can stretch emotionally, and also to see if you've got anything to hide.

It is not an offence, neither is it "personal" to ask candidates if he/she takes alcohol, even though the job has nothing to do with alcohol. I wouldn't employ a dirty drinker, or someone who feels relationship questions are personal, and should not be asked in interviews. If I wanted to recruit for a certain position, I will go as far as asking silly questions, to see how the candidate would handle issues in a tight situation, especially if the situation has to do with his/her ego. I will never employ someone who gets angry at the slightest push, thereby making me lose clients and customers.

I once attended one interview and the HR guy asked what I was doing in school that I graduated with 2:2 when my mates were breezing past 2:1. Well, I blew it and asked him; "what was your own grade"? and I did lose the Job that would have gotten me 275K monthly as at 2009.

Bottom line: Be humble, be patient, answer all questions like your close pally asked you. With that, it will seem normal and they will even love you for being so natural, and the job will be yours.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Had a good life with the bolded. I can only imagine how you snapped.

Truth is, a job seeker should always stay calm in the midst of all these. Anyone can get good grades in school, but mental, psychological and emotional endurance is missing in most. Patience is key if one is to succeed in any way.

1 Like

Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by khalebzy(m): 7:43am On Nov 08, 2016
Adebimpe1:

Move you ass up and take a life. In the midst of conflicts, God glory is made manifest. I've got guys who started off with as low as 20K and they, they control millions.
Stop shouting BUHARI upandan and dust your life, move up take advantage of the current economic recession to make a brilliant living. If everyone is eating Plantain, bring up cocoyam and sell it to them. Be different and you will start praying for Buhari. He's not my brother, neither do I hate him. But re-arranging our future for us...I'm sure you not able to see that.
k

1 Like

Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by Adebimpe1(m): 7:49am On Nov 08, 2016
haibe:

Surely you will only get "dullards" as employees. No one should be asked stupi.d questions because u want to offer them a job. You need training on personnel management

I see you! 90% of Nairalanders only post silly comment and it's certainly clear you're at the top of the class. If you seriously think I need training on what you mentioned, then I will like to meet up with you to rate your level of IQ.

I work as a senior manager for The AES Corporations, a fortune 200 company, registered with the NYSE and generates a profit of more than 5 billion dollars annually, and about 123 guys reports to me directly. I single handedly recruited my own team, and led a project of $350 million to completion. My own team, that I recruited personally generates more than $5 million monthly for my company and please know, that I asked them "silly" questions during the interview stages.

I am a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, a change advocate and process driver (am not sure you know what that means) For you record, there's not more than 20 ASQ certified Black Belts in the whole of Nigeria. So, do you still think I need your training?

If you're jobless, email me and I'd arrange an interview for you. Pls, be warned, I will only ask silly questions. The more silly I get, the more your chances of getting a job from me.

5 Likes

Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by U1(m): 7:49am On Nov 08, 2016
KillerBeauty:
That was how one interviewer was asking me if my parents once worshiped Ogun at one time of their lives before they became christians

Nice quote you've got in your sig, ma'am.
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by gentlechyke(m): 7:52am On Nov 08, 2016
nice one op. I have been to two successful interviews but not ready for the work yet. Some issues like you will be paid based on commission and the other; we need a full staff and i was not ready. Often times, at the end of an interview, you'll be asked if you have any questions, then you can bare your worries, not when being interviewed.
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by asid(m): 7:57am On Nov 08, 2016
Adebimpe1:

I see you! 90% of Nairalanders only post silly comment and it's certainly clear you're at the top of the class. If you seriously think I need training on what you mentioned, then I will like to meet up with you to rate your level of IQ.

I work as a senior manager for The AES Corporations, a fortune 200 company, registered with the NYSE and generates a profit of more than 5 billion dollars annually, and about 123 guys reports to me directly. I single handedly recruited my own team, and led a project of $350 million to completion. My own team, that I recruited personally generates more than $5 million monthly for my company and please know, that I asked them "silly" questions during the interview stages.

I am a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, a change advocate and process driver (am not sure you know what that means) For you record, there's not more than 20 ASQ certified Black Belts in the whole of Nigeria. So, do you still think I need your training?

If you're jobless, email me and I'd arrange an interview for you. Pls, be warned, I will only ask silly questions. The more silly I get, the more your chances of getting a job from me.

Good day, I will like to know if I can really take you up on "needing a job and contacting you", I presently need a job and would appreciate if I could email you my CV, thanks
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by haibe(m): 8:03am On Nov 08, 2016
Adebimpe1:

lol so why are you telling me your acheivements. Your criteria for recruitment is silly and there's nothing u can say to defend that. The fact that some employees didn't mind doesn't mean u did ur job right. You possibly would have been generating 10 billion annually if you recruited in a more professional manner.

From the way you communicate its pretty obvious you may be having personality issues, see how you came personal on me like you know who i am. I replied you in an objective manner without reffering to 'your person' but your best mode of reply is to go emotional. Hmmn..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by shogz89: 8:04am On Nov 08, 2016
Adebimpe1:

Bro am here o, can can i email you so you can arrange an interview for me
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by positivec(f): 8:11am On Nov 08, 2016
Adebimpe1:

Please I need a job, you can ask me silly questions...cutebibianna@yahoo.com
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by lionlee216(m): 8:15am On Nov 08, 2016
haibe:
lol so why are you telling me your acheivements. Your criteria for recruitment is silly and there's nothing u can say to defend that. The fact that some employees didn't mind doesn't mean u did ur job right. You possibly would have been generating 10 billion annually if you recruited in a more professional manner.

From the way you communicate its pretty obvious you may be having personality issues, see how you came personal on me like you know who i am. I replied you in an objective manner without reffering to 'your person' but your best mode of reply is to go emotional. Hmmn..

I wonder oo. Thank God say man no be God

1 Like

Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by haibe(m): 8:19am On Nov 08, 2016
lionlee216:

I wonder oo. Thank God say man no be God
seriously oo.. if man na God ehn.. grin
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by Zirah: 8:21am On Nov 08, 2016
Lol. You were well composed. So how did you respond to those questions and did you get the job?

AlexCk:
Lol

Well, it happens,

There was an interview i went for, after passing their ap'test, personality test(oboi no be joke o), and phone interview.
So the interviewer(a lady ) started by asking me why i didn't get A's in my waec(i had B'c & C's), i was like "eh", omo, i was surprised o,

The next question was why i go my school (my sch na federal University of tech tho), say why i no go nearby school, omo, i just dey look this lady o,

The next question wey vex me na, why i get 2.1, e remain small make i ask the lady say weda she manage get 2.2, she still ask some weird questions o. tws really annoying that day.

I was like, which kain interview be this.

Lol, when i remember that day, i just dey laff, she no ask any relevant questions about the job or others

P.S: i didn't flare up tho, i answer the questions how best i could, but come-on!!, after passing all those stages, lol,
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by Adebimpe1(m): 8:26am On Nov 08, 2016
haibe:

Define Objective. Now, you've been tackled and your tone softens....

Keep walking bro, you're almost there. You are born for greatness. Write it down...put my name on it.
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by AlexCk: 8:26am On Nov 08, 2016
Zirah:
Lol. You behaved well. So how did you respond to those questions and did you get the job?

Lol, my response tho, told her i did the best i could na, n well, education isn't really the best test of knowledge, also, the fact that people now pay their way into getting good grades jare, Hehehe. said some things I can't remember tho

Didn't get d job o, after a week, they sent a mail, saying they were impressed, blah blah blah, but they decided to choose another candidate, lol, i just shake my head
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by lionlee216(m): 8:27am On Nov 08, 2016
haibe:
seriously oo.. if man na God ehn.. grin

See the way he was quick to dish out his profile. Even if he like, let him be the t richest person in the world, I dont care(no hating) its for his own family. We cant all be rich at the same level and the same time be poor. Imagine those questions cos some one needs a job badly. There is nothing like being ur own boss instead of being asked useless questions at interview.

3 Likes

Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by cjeriia: 8:28am On Nov 08, 2016
Adebimpe1:

If you're jobless, email me and I'd arrange an interview for you. Pls, be warned, I will only ask silly questions. The more silly I get, the more your chances of getting a job from me. Bros arrange dat interview for me abeg. I dey ready to answer d so called silly questions.

bros abeg arrange d interview for me sharply. I dey ready to answer d so called silly questions. *smiles*
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by Zirah: 8:32am On Nov 08, 2016
Okay. Thanks for responding.

AlexCk:

Lol, my response tho, told her i did the best i could na, n well, education isn't really the best test of knowledge, also, the fact that people now pay their way into getting good grades jare, Hehehe. said some things I can't remember tho

Didn't get d job o, after a week, they sent a mail, saying they were impressed, blah blah blah, but they decided to choose another candidate, lol, i just shake my head
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by haibe(m): 8:34am On Nov 08, 2016
Adebimpe1:

Define Objective. Now, you've been tackled and your tone softens....

Keep walking bro, you're almost there. You are born for greatness. Write it down...put my name on it.

Which tone? And how did u tackle me? You came against my person in that post and u called that tackle? Wake up bro, because i replied in a diplomatic manner doesn't mean i stood my ground less.

3 Likes

Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by haibe(m): 8:36am On Nov 08, 2016
lionlee216:

See the way he was quick to dish out his profile. Even if he like, let him be the t richest person in the world, I dont care(no hating) its for his own family. We cant all be rich at the same level and the same time be poor. Imagine those questions cos some one needs a job badly. There is nothing like being ur own boss instead of being asked useless questions at interview.
i concur
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by haibe(m): 8:37am On Nov 08, 2016
lionlee216:

i concur . Unfortunately the guy is an employee too that can be fired anytime

1 Like

Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by Ademat7(m): 8:39am On Nov 08, 2016
petsaint:

If you are a the best, It is better to hold your ground, and keep your head up.

Some of these so called HRs are living in fear too. I once worked for a company where I requested for double the HR salary and he wanted to review the request. I told him its a no go area, and refused to contact them.

Bad companies employ bad HRs some of them are just a mirror of the managerial horror they exist in. I fought for confirmation letter, leave and everything. Thank God they sacked me at my first anniversary. I got a job that paid double within 6 weeks. The company has now left the industry, but the yeye HR is still there

Mediocrity will only keep you begging
Wao! Which industry if I may ask
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by Adebimpe1(m): 8:40am On Nov 08, 2016
For those who think I quickly doled out my profile to "form", well you're mistaken. If a man call you "un-trained" and you just 'waka past it'll stick on you..

I can peruse few CVs.

Let's see what happens next. If my organization doesn't have seat for international candidates, I have a few friends to give the CVs to.

For now, drop me a line on my LinkedIn inbox to view your stats. LinkedIn: Adebimpe Babatunde .

May the peace be with you.

1 Like

Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by osifred(m): 8:41am On Nov 08, 2016
many so called Nigerian HR practitioners do not know that some questions especially the ones that means not direct relationship with the job are illegal to ask and can be sued for asking such questions.

Any questions that reveal your age, race, national origin, gender, religion, marital status and sexual orientation are off-limits.
"State and federal laws make discrimination based on certain protected categories, such as national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disabilities, arrest and conviction record, military discharge status, race, gender, or pregnancy status, illegal.
Any question that asks a candidate to reveal information about such topics without the question having a job related basis will violate the various state and federal discrimination laws," Lori Adelson, a labor and employment attorney and partner with law firm Arnstein & Lehr, tells Business Insider.
"However, if the employer states questions so that they directly relate to specific occupational qualifications, then the questions may be legitimate. Clearly, the intent behind the question needs to be examined."

2 Likes

Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by MizzD: 8:41am On Nov 08, 2016
haibe:

You told him he needs a training on personal management and he gave you a thousand of reasons why he doesn't... grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by ehix89(m): 8:43am On Nov 08, 2016
Adebimpe1:

Kindly inbox me lets have a chit-chat.
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by Adebimpe1(m): 8:44am On Nov 08, 2016
MizzD:

You told him he needs a training on personal management and he gave you a thousand of reasons why he doesn't... grin grin grin

Excellent answer.
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by AlexCk: 8:45am On Nov 08, 2016
Zirah:
Okay. Thanks for responding.

U welcome o,
Na the hustle we all dey na,
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by haibe(m): 8:45am On Nov 08, 2016
MizzD:

those are not valid reasons. That he single handedly recruited a team doesn't mean he has the necessary personnel management skills. Anyone can recruit successful, there are even firms that don't have an HR dept. But recruiting in a professional manner is different from whatever he has done

2 Likes

Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by MizzD: 8:52am On Nov 08, 2016
haibe:
those are not valid reasons. That he single handedly recruited a team doesn't mean he has the necessary personnel management skills. Anyone can recruit successful, there are even firms that don't have an HR dept. But recruiting in a professional manner is different from whatever he has done

I get you. And I don't agree with his style of recruiting either. Just trying to point out that you made him go personal with that statement.
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by christhavemercy(f): 8:53am On Nov 08, 2016
Y
Adebimpe1:

You just blew your lid again.. Calm down Egbon
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by Adebimpe1(m): 8:54am On Nov 08, 2016
haibe:

Guy, grow up. With this kind of attitude no HR will sit more than 1min with you.

Change your orientation and grow up. No offence.
Re: Monster HR Personnels; A Nightmare For Job Seekers. Share Your Experience by Adebimpe1(m): 8:59am On Nov 08, 2016
christhavemercy:
Y

You just blew your lid again.. Calm down Egbon

Did I? well, I'm sorry about that....

But then, as humans, we need a little motivation that looks like 'pride' sometimes. My intention is to motivate, that in-spite of hard and trying times, you can still be happy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help!! I Can't Log In To My Npower Teach Assessment Portal P To U / Apply For The International Rescue Committee (IRC) Job Vacancies (14 Positions) / That Was How I Got The Offer.. Super Thanks To All Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.