Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do (46605 Views)

On Behalf Of Every Man, Here Are Things We Want Our Wives To Stop Doing / 8 Things Guys Above 30yrs Do That Show They Are Still Mummy's Boy / 11 Secrets Man Should Never Reveal To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2016
1) TO KNOT TIE: Every man should know how to knot a tie. Some men find it difficult to knot tie. I have seen men walk the whole street looking for who to help them knot a tie.
It is very easy, there are many types and many online tutorials on how to knot them.

2) SHAVE: Every man should endeavor to have a personal clipper, and should also know how to shave and and also know how to get his hair cut.
Sometimes we may get busy during the weekend or forgot to shave only to wake up monday morning and realize that we didn't shave. We can simply shave before leaving for work.

3)HOW TO FIX HOME APPLIANCES: Every man should know how to fix simple home appliances such as how to change electrical sucket, light bulbs, change generator plug, assemble electric fan,hang tv, etc.

4) HOW TO HANDLE SIMPLE TOOLS: Men should learn how to handle tools like hammer, saw blade,brush.Most of the things we call artisans to fix can be fixed if we learn how to use and handle these tools. Every man should have a tool box.

5)HOW TO DRIVE: Every man should know how to drive, do not wait wait until you have your own car,learn how to drive both manual and automatic transmission cars.
This can be very useful in event of emergency.

6) PERFORM BASIC FIRST AID: You don't have to be a doctor,nurse or health practictoneer to know how to perform basic first aid.

7) PAINT A ROOM: One must not paint the whole house, most people like to repaint their house especially when they move into a new apartment. You can save cost by painting your rooms.

cool CARRY A BABY: Every man should know how to carry a baby. you can help your spouse with the baby. It is not 'a woman thing'.

207 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by ChemicalReaction(f): 10:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
You're 101% correct! Every man should also try to be romantic..

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Patented: 10:44pm On Nov 02, 2016
One man's beef is another Man's Pomo.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
Patented:
You're right

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
Patented:
How? These are basic things everyman should know how to do

23 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
Patented:
.You are right

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by ayourbamie: 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
Paint a room? Adonbilivdat

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Immanueladebol(m): 10:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
Men should allow the women to control THE OTHER ROOM! grin

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
ayourbamie:
Paint a room?
Adonbilivdat
.Suprised? What you pay for painting is about 80% labour. You can save a alot of money by DIY.

18 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by talktonase(m): 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
You're 101% correct! Every man should also try to be romantic..
Nigerian women dont like romance...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Florblu(f): 11:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
If as a man you can't do all this then you need a help,cos a Lady can even do all this.

5 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2016
talktonase:
Says who

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by talktonase(m): 11:29pm On Nov 02, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Says who
I speak from experience...

5 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
talktonase:
I speak from experience...
Well, I'm female. And I love romance like kilode! It's even the male folks that are annoying.

11 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by talktonase(m): 11:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Well, I'm female. And I love romance like kilode! It's even the male folks that are annoying.
Life can be so unfair,you end up been so romantic to the ones who dont value it...sorry to Say,you may end up with a very rigid and stereotype fellow...

16 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by ChemicalReaction(f): 12:18am On Nov 03, 2016
talktonase:
Life can be so unfair,you end up been so romantic to the ones who dont value it...sorry to Say,you may end up with a very rigid and stereotype fellow...
Lemme admit that i'm hoping for the best! When love finds me. I believe in POSITIVE change. Whoever loves me wouldn't mind bending their rules to suit me biko.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by talktonase(m): 12:21am On Nov 03, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Lemme admit that i'm hoping for the best! When love finds me. I believe in POSITIVE change. Whoever loves me wouldn't mind bending their rules to suit me biko.
I like your optimism,keep it up...

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by ChemicalReaction(f): 12:22am On Nov 03, 2016
talktonase:
I like your optimism,keep it up...
Thanks jare.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 03, 2016
My husband can't do No1(knot a tie).
I've tried so hard to teach him, instead of him to cool down and learn_ he is more interested in knowing who/which guy taught me...lol.

181 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:00am On Nov 03, 2016
PaperLace:
I've tried so hard to teach him, instead of him to cool down and learn_ he is more interested in knowing who/which guy taught me...lol.
LOL!! He must be a very bad somebody cheesy grin grin..

YouTube taught you cheesy.. On a second thought, wetin consign you with learning how to knot tie on YT grin?

18 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 03, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

LOL!! He must be a very bad somebody cheesy grin grin..

YouTube taught you cheesy.. On a second thought, wetin consign you with learning how to knot tie on YT grin?

no mind am.
After dry cleaning his ties, they knot it there, you need to see how careful he is not to loosen it.
One day...he loosened the favourite one and he had a meeting very early. I told him to put in his bag, his colleague would knot at work, he said they won't be there that early...blabla. I just had to stop my pretence, even asked how he wanted the knot grin. He answered.

When I was done, he looked me in the eye "you go say I no dey appreciative, but I go like know who teach you?".
I no even answer am.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:35am On Nov 03, 2016
PaperLace:

no mind am.
After dry cleaning his ties, they knot it there, you need to see how careful he is not to loosen it.
One day...he loosened the favourite one and he had a meeting very early. I told him to put in his bag, his colleague would knot at work, he said they won't be there that early...blabla. I just had to stop my pretence, even asked how he wanted the knot grin. He answered.

When I was done, he looked me in the eye "you go say I no dey appreciative, but I go like know who teach you?". I no even answer am.
Hahahahaha!! I can imagine such carefulness same way I look out for those crisp lines the laundry man puts on my shirts grin..

You for answer na tongue..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 03, 2016
PaperLace:

Lol, I can't knot a tie as well without relying on a saved YouTube video on my phone. I don try over hundred times to memorise am but I seem to forget faster than I even learnt the darn thing!. angry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by luciouscookie: 10:37am On Nov 03, 2016
PaperLace:
grin grin grin grin grin I no blame him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by luciouscookie: 10:41am On Nov 03, 2016
Funny enough, most women can do all these perfectly.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 03, 2016
LastMumu:

Lol, I can't knot a tie as well without relying on a saved YouTube video on my phone. I don try over hundred times to memorise am but I seem to forget faster than I even learnt the darn thing!. angry
Lol. Some types are more difficult to knot than others. You can start with the less difdicult types.

Don't try to memorise, practice, tie and untie several times with time you would be perfect.
Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by nnamdibig(m): 10:44am On Nov 03, 2016
These are everyday activities. Person no suppose teach person some of these na!!
Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Richy4(m): 11:25am On Nov 03, 2016
What do you mean by everyman should know how to change electrical socket...Bro that was not a good suggestion...but.. anyone that wants to try it got my blessings...
Besides, your number 4 point will make handymen really happy because if you try to fix it and couldn't, it might cost more to fix than the little damage that was done...Eg plumbing work, sinks etc....My elder brother was like everyone should know how to change a flat Tyre, I was like no... I was not included in that your everyman bro...Flat tyre changing is included in my insurance that i pay monthly
cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
Richy4:
What do you mean by everyman should know how to changing electrical socket...Bro that was not a good suggestion...but.. anyone that wants to try it got my blessings...
Besides, your number 4 point will make handymen really happy because if you try to fix it and couldn't, it might cost more to fix than the little damage that was done...Eg plumbing work, sinks etc....My elder brother was like everyone should know how to change a flat Tyre, I was like no... I was not included in that your everyman bro...Flat tyre changing is included in my insurance that i pay monthly
cheesy

Lol, One should turn off the main switch before changing socket, it is not difficult fix thw red wire on the 'hole 'with the live/positive inscription and the negative wire on the one with -ve inscription.

One should know his limit,fix the simple ones and call the handymen for the complex ones.

You should know how to change flat tyre, what if a female friend/relative has a flat tyre and calls you to come and help her change it(assuming there is an emgergency and you are the only one handy) , what are you going to do?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by 5minsmadness: 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2016
talktonase:

True that

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by 5minsmadness: 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
ChemicalReaction:

What do you understand by romance? Can u give an example?

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do by Richy4(m): 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2016
Principe:

Lol, One should turn off the main switch before changing socket, it is not difficult fix thw red wire on the 'hole 'with the live/positive inscription and the negative wire on the one with -ve inscription.

One should know his limit,fix the simple ones and call the handymen for the complex ones.

You should know how to change flat tyre, what if a female friend/relative has a flat tyre and calls you to come and help her change it(assuming there is an emgergency and you are the only one handy) , what are you going to do?

Oh Bro!!! my Lady friends should have a comprehensive insurance that covers all car and road emergencies like when you have a flat tyre or ran out of fuel, they give you fuel enough to take u to petrol station...It is not really expensive .... grin They are intelligent enough to know what i can or cannot do.. the basic emergencies that they can call will be that their washing machine is broken... I will just ask them to come wash and dry it in my place...or that I should come and pick them up at the airport.. full stop.... I cannot claim superman and jeopardize their lives changing socket bro... just because I want to be a jack of all trade..I know the ones that every man should know but that socket changing is not advisable it can burn a house.. little or no cash can fix it.... Life is to easy and simple my brother....

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cheating Wife Vs Cheating Husband: Men, Pls, Clear My Confusion. / Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now / Married Woman Justify Her Secret Affair After DNA Reveals Real Father of Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.