Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Advise Needed, My Friend Is About Taking First Bank Nigeria To Court - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advise Needed, My Friend Is About Taking First Bank Nigeria To Court (1284 Views)

Dangote Refinery Gate, Lagos Gradually Taking Shape (Photos) / Agusto & Co. Assigns A ‘bb’ Rating To Suntrust Bank Nigeria Limited / Angry Customer Sues First Bank To Court Over Mastercard Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed, My Friend Is About Taking First Bank Nigeria To Court by futurenix(m): 5:24am On Nov 03, 2016
He called me yesternight that the bank debited him two weeks to the stipulated date.

Actually he took a salary loan from first bank in 2014 that will span for three years.
The stipulated date of debit is 15th of every month and that's how they have been debiting till yesterday 2nd November.

He works with Abia State government and his last salary received is April salary paid two months ago. His loan repayment is actually upto date till september last month.

What he is owing the bank was from October which he received a debit for it on the 15th of October though no salary entered within this period. He was paid his May salary on the 2nd of November and the October repayment has already been effected leaving just the balance.

Just same 2nd November evening he received another debit alert from the bank on the loan and virtually nothing was left for him and his family.
This debit is only due on the 15th of the month as stipulated but he was debited on the 2nd.

He is contemplating taking the issue to court and I have been calming him down though not also happy with what the bank did.

I want to ask you lawyers and bankers and others in the house, If he takes up this issue to court what are his chances of making a good case?
Re: Advise Needed, My Friend Is About Taking First Bank Nigeria To Court by DrRasheed: 5:29am On Nov 03, 2016
Is a good move if he consulted the bank. Write a complain to standard org of nigeria for support.
Re: Advise Needed, My Friend Is About Taking First Bank Nigeria To Court by tdayof(m): 5:31am On Nov 03, 2016
I don't know much about this however, this is a breach of contract between the two parties involved.
Ask him this before taking any legal action "if by one way or the other he once breached the agreement date too." (Probably the state government paid his salary late too then.)
However, I still feel your friend can still get justice.
Re: Advise Needed, My Friend Is About Taking First Bank Nigeria To Court by FreeWorld23: 5:42am On Nov 03, 2016
You don't have money, but u have money to pay a lawyer for a "case" that won't bring u kobo?

Go to first bank and sort things out with them.
Re: Advise Needed, My Friend Is About Taking First Bank Nigeria To Court by futurenix(m): 5:46am On Nov 03, 2016
tdayof:
I don't know much about this however, this is a breach of contract between the two parties involved.
Ask him this before taking any legal action "if by one way or the other he once breached the agreement date too." (Probably the state government paid his salary late too then.)
However, I still feel your friend can still get justice.

This was actually my problem too but on those occasions the bank actually charge more interest. I Really need to check out this agreement between them
Re: Advise Needed, My Friend Is About Taking First Bank Nigeria To Court by HabaSeun: 6:34am On Nov 03, 2016
futurenix:

He called me yesternight that the bank debited him two weeks to the stipulated date.

Actually he took a salary loan from first bank in 2014 that will span for three years.
The stipulated date of debit is 15th of every month and that's how they have been debiting till yesterday 2nd November.

He works with Abia State government and his last salary received is April salary paid two months ago. His loan repayment is actually upto date till september last month.

What he is owing the bank was from October which he received a debit for it on the 15th of October though no salary entered within this period. He was paid his May salary on the 2nd of November and the October repayment has already been effected leaving just the balance.

Just same 2nd November evening he received another debit alert from the bank on the loan and virtually nothing was left for him and his family.
This debit is only due on the 15th of the month as stipulated but he was debited on the 2nd.

He is contemplating taking the issue to court and I have been calming him down though not also happy with what the bank did.

I want to ask you lawyers and bankers and others in the house, If he takes up this issue to court what are his chances of making a good case?

Guy leave story, na you d thing happen to.

Even as u don explain give us so, I no fit explain give another person this specific.

Back to d mata! Go n consult the bank first, find out if its an error on their part before taking any action. You blood dey hot o. Shuu!

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed, My Friend Is About Taking First Bank Nigeria To Court by futurenix(m): 6:51am On Nov 03, 2016
HabaSeun:

Guy leave story, na you d thing happen to.

Even as u don explain give us so, I no fit explain give another person this specific.

Back to d mata! Go n consult the bank first, find out if its an error on their part before taking any action. You blood dey hot o. Shuu!

I own a business, a big one too bro, can't work for state government. We live in same block so I know everything about his work place.
Re: Advise Needed, My Friend Is About Taking First Bank Nigeria To Court by HabaSeun: 6:56am On Nov 03, 2016
futurenix:

I own a business, a big one too bro, can't work for state government. We live in same block so I know everything about his work place.

Story! I have given you my advise sha. Goodluck!
Re: Advise Needed, My Friend Is About Taking First Bank Nigeria To Court by futurenix(m): 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
Just got a call now from the young man and his issue has been resolved.
Thanks to everyone that read and contributed.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Official Colour To Paint A Bottle Water/pure Water Factory / Very Cheap Us Company Formation + Business Bank Account / Young Boy Interestingly Interrupts Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.