Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) (43706 Views)

NEW MUSIC – Morell – Sarauniya (prod. By Drummer Boy) / Naira Marley – Drummer Boy / Uzboi - Kokoro Aye (prod. By Sweetmartinz) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) by azpekuliar: 10:42am On Nov 04, 2016
Naptu2. Please can you dig out that old Enebeli Elebuwa advert, 'Andrew don't check out'. The ad meant to arrest brain drain.
Re: Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) by Stormofsword: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2016
[quote author=naptu2 post=50729878]I used to see him every single weekday in the late '70s and 1980s. He used to busk on Igbosere Road and Broad Street on Lagos Island. I had Ekwensi's book, but it was not until the 1990s that I discovered that the book was loosely based on Kokoro.

What amazed me the most about him was that he knew the streets so well that he could walk around unaccompanied.[/quote

Thank you very much @neptu2 and @gurlfriend for this insightful article and contributions.

One thing I have learned reading this is that we have loads intelligent old generations from whom I can learn from. I used to think that people on Nairaland are all young with a lot of hot blood running through our veins with the ease with which we show lack of respect for one another, family, tribe and even the country that binds us together.

I wish to say more grease to your elbow sir. May we live long and age with grace to tell younger generations how bad it used to be. I won't like to tell my children how nice it used to be cos it ain't right now.

To everyone else, please let's try to show more respect to one another's ethnic group, political affiliations and opinion. We can always get our own opinion across without disrespecting one another. It's impossible for everyone to see things same way every time.

Remember respect begets respect.
Re: Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) by vilkizzy(m): 11:37am On Nov 04, 2016
Henry240:

Grand-Pa! gringrin

Sir, there's a book I'm also looking for, i can't remember the title of the book or Author (most have been Cyprian Ekwensi or Elechi Amadi).

I remember, the story was about a boy who met a man, a Northerner in the train. This man goes on to tell the boy or amaze the boy with stories of his adventures. I think the train was traveling from Lagos - Kano.

I would be glad if you can help me recall the title of the novel, i won't call it a proper novel, it's more like a story book. Just a few pages long.

'passport of mallam Iliya'
Re: Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) by Zehner(f): 6:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
metallisc:

haaa! somebori have teey in this life o! and you dey here dey form young girl.. chai! grin grin grin grin grin but you are right though...
cheesy grin forget I never 16 o.
Re: Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) by APCmyheart(m): 12:06am On Nov 05, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Sorry sir! No vex sir! We won't talk to u anyhow again sir! grin

Good girl, Your sins are forgiven.
Re: Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) by metallisc(m): 2:48am On Nov 05, 2016
Zehner:
cheesy grin forget I never 16 o.

Re: Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) by metallisc(m): 2:54am On Nov 05, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Sorry sir! No vex sir! We won't talk to u anyhow again sir! grin

better pikin! grin grin grin
Re: Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) by metallisc(m): 2:59am On Nov 05, 2016
naptu2:

Boring ke? What does boring mean grin I grew up in heaven, so I didn't know the meaning of boring (I always joke that I've been to heaven, hell and earth in my lifetime).

There were so many things to do and not enough time in which to do them.

In fact, there were so many things to do, that I could spend the whole day telling you about them.

mmmhhhh... memories..........

Re: Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) by Sapphiredamsel(f): 9:37am On Nov 05, 2016
Come and lend me biko!

mysticgal:

The passport of Malam Ilia.. Cyprian ewen site.
Still got the book in my library smiley
Re: Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) by mukthar2000(m): 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
Humm, may ur soul rest the perfect peace Baba, Gone are the days when I read the book THE DRUMMER BOY
Re: Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) by baddosky1: 7:08pm On Nov 05, 2016
holatin:
you need to be shot and hanged by the ball, you are disgrace to the human generation

I dey follow your footsteps na. Chestbeating bigot
Re: Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) by DonBobes(m): 10:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
[quote author=naptu2 post=50729878]I used to see him every single weekday in the late '70s and 1980s. He used to busk on Igbosere Road and Broad Street on Lagos Island. I had Ekwensi's book, but it was not until the 1990s that I discovered that the book was loosely based on Kokoro.

What amazed me the most about him was that he knew the streets so well that he could walk around unaccompanied.[quote]

Igbosere, the hood i came frm. grin
Re: Benjamin ‘Kokoro’ Aderounmu: The Real Life 'Drummer Boy' (pic + Sound) by lexy2014: 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2021
shakablaiize:
yes sir about the phone book i found one in my dad's wardrobe when i asked him if he knew every body in the book... he smiled and said you won't understand my son...i was much younger tho.... mehn life much have been really boring without internet

Don't no what u mean by boring but u didn't need d internet to identify people. Folks kept abreast by reading newspapers and news magazines like tell, news and newswatch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Baba Bintin Of Fresh FM Dies While Trekking To Office In Ibadan / Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In January 2019 / Who Gave The Order?: Tiwa Savage's Sings In Memory Of Lekki Victims (2020 Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.