Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

Just As Men, Baboons Kidnap Puppies For Pets. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Just As Men, Baboons Kidnap Puppies For Pets. (1143 Views)

Nita is growing just as i wanted / Care Accessories for Pets - Training Shock Collar For Pet Dogs & More.. / Yes, Just As You Expected It, It Is Here Again Rabbit For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just As Men, Baboons Kidnap Puppies For Pets. by Adebanjids1(m): 11:54am On Nov 03, 2016
I have always argued that humans are the only species to keep pets. (Calm down - I know about Koko's kitten, etc., etc. While long-term odd couple attachments between species are common in homes, wildlife parks, and in captivity, they don't seem to exist in the wild.)

But a three-minute YouTube video clip I saw via Facebook yesterday raises serious questions about my pet theory. The video depicts a troop of pet-keeping Hamadryas baboons living in a garbage dump outside of Ta'if, Saudi Arabia. It's a sweltering lunar landscape not far from the Red Sea. Amazingly, the baboons' pets are dogs. Before going on, I suggest you watch the video. While the first 30 seconds are a little upsetting, trust me, it ends well. Watch it NOW!

In the first part of the clip, a male baboon manhandles a hapless puppy which, clearly, would prefer not to become the big monkey's "companion animal." Thankfully, in the next scene, the dogs and baboons are peacefully hanging out as the God-voiced narrator claims baboons now consider the dogs part of their family. They groom the dogs, and the dogs happily eat, travel with, and sleep among the baboons. As the cinematic sun sets in the background, the narrator sagely explains that both species benefit from the relationship. The baboons' dogs chase off wild dog packs. In return, the baboons treat the dogs, well, "like family pets."..... The End.

My Questions

I am skeptical, too. But I have been obsessed by the video for a days. It raises a host of questions in my mind. For example,

1. How long do the dogs live with the baboons? Is it a long-term or temporary arrangement?

2. Do the baboons get anything from the dogs other than somebody to love and play with? How do the dogs benefit?

3. Do baboons ever kill or eat puppies. ("Pet-keeping" has been described in chimps - but within an hour the "pet" always seems to wind up dead.)

4. Is the baboon-dog relationship affected by the fact that the "pets" and their "owners" live in a garbage dump? Is there enough edible human refuse (literally, "junk food"wink to keep everyone fat and happy so the monkeys and dogs don't compete for food?

Click here to watch d video and Read more ....http://adebanjids..com/2016/11/just-as-men-baboons-kidnap-puppies-for.html

Re: Just As Men, Baboons Kidnap Puppies For Pets. by Skrill1: 12:22pm On Nov 03, 2016
Moneybookers/Skrill NOW WORKS IN NIGERIA.

You can now receive and send money to friends abroad with Skrill (except Iraq,Syria,Somalia and Libya) grin

Open skrill account here - https://account.skrill.com/signup?rid=84645185

(PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VALID INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT, DRIVERS LICENCE or NATIONAL ID CARD)

YOU CAN ALSO RECEIVE MONEY WITHOUT A SKRILL ACCOUNT, IF THE SENDER HAS THE ACCOUNT (Minimum $40/Euro/40 pounds).

All payments will be made in U.S dollars.

Contact US. verify.business@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (Reply)

Pedigree Adult Female Rottweiller...she Is Of Super Quality..for Sale / Adult Female Boerboel For Sale...150k....for A Sharp Buyer...8pups Last Litter / 1yr 7mnths Adult Female Boerbeol FOR SALE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.