Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). (29518 Views)

A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / 12 Foods That Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw) Liked & Th / Miracles Of The Quran And The Knowledge Of The Unseen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by muhsin(m): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2009
[center][/center]

It is a well known fact that we Muslims don't bother or focus too much on miracles performed by our noble prophet Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, because of two reasons: One is the belief we hold that all the prophets sent by Allah, the Exalted, performed it as the definition of the word Nabeey broadly means capability of performing miracle. Two, Muslims aren't all that interested in Miracles as they are mostly temporal and are only for the benefit of those who were around to witness them at the time.

That notwithstanding, I 'resolved' to bring up some of these 'miracles' performed by the Prophet Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, after feeling there is a need to come up with them so they will, inshaAllah, benefit my Muslim brothers and sisters on this board; and to widen their knowledge of him--the prophet.

Source: Sahih Bukhari

A number of miracles were bestowed upon and performed by Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) to establish the proof of his prophethood. The greatest miracle bestowed upon him was the revelation of the Qur'an. The Qur'an is miraculous in a number of aspects: Its linguistic perfection and inimitability, its validation by recent historical, archaeological, and scientific discoveries, its prophecies and so on. Unlike the miracles of other prophets before him, the miracle of the Qur'an is eternal. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) also provided us with a number of true prophecies.

Below are accounts of the some of the other miracles of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) . Before reading these, it helps to know something about the Science of Traditions (Arabic: Ahadith), an exacting and comprehensive system developed by early Muslim scholars to verify the chain of transmission of these accounts, as well as investigating the trustworthiness and capability of every narrator at every level of the chain. This thorough authentication process ensures that these accounts are real, validated narrations of the sayings, actions, and tacit approvals of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).

The Traditions mentioned below are all from Sahih al-Bukhari, the most authentic collection of ahadith.

1.Splitting of the Moon
2.Food Multiplication
3.Water Multiplication
4.Supplication for Rain
5.Lights to guide Companions
6.Crying of the stem of the Date-palm Tree
7.Glorification of Allah by the Prophet's meals
8.The explusion of a liar's corpse by the Earth
9.The Speech of the Wolf
10.The Prophet's Night Journey to Jerusalem and Ascent to the Heavens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by muhsin(m): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2009
Splitting of the Moon
[center]
"The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder" [Qur'an 54:1]
[/center]

[center]
Narrated Abdullah:

The moon was cleft asunder while we were in the company of the Prophet, and it became two parts. The Prophet said, Witness, witness (this miracle)."

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 388:
[/center]

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by muhsin(m): 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2009
Food Multiplication

[center]
Narrated Jabir:

My father had died in debt. So I came to the Prophet and said, "My father (died) leaving unpaid debts, and I have nothing except the yield of his date palms; and their yield for many years will not cover his debts. So please come with me, so that the creditors may not misbehave with me." The Prophet went round one of the heaps of dates and invoked (Allah), and then did the same with another heap and sat on it and said, "Measure (for them)." He paid them their rights and what remained was as much as had been paid to them.

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 780:
[/center]
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by muhsin(m): 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2009
Water Multiplication
[center]

Narrated 'Abdullah:

We used to consider miracles as Allah's Blessings, but you people consider them to be a warning. Once we were with Allah's Apostle on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said, "Bring the water remaining with you." The people brought a utensil containing a little water. He placed his hand in it and said, "Come to the blessed water, and the Blessing is from Allah." I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of Allah's Apostle , and no doubt, we heard the meal glorifying Allah, when it was being eaten (by him).

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 779:
[/center]

[center]
Narrated Al-Bara:

We were one-thousand-and-four-hundred persons on the day of Al-Hudaibiya (Treaty), and (at) Al-Hudaibiya (there) was a well. We drew out its water not leaving even a single drop. The Prophet sat at the edge of the well and asked for some water with which he rinsed his mouth and then he threw it out into the well. We stayed for a short while and then drew water from the well and quenched our thirst, and even our riding animals drank water to their satisfaction.

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 777:
[/center]

[center][b]

Narrated 'Imran:

Once we were traveling with the Prophet and we carried on traveling till the last part of the night and then we (halted at a place) and slept (deeply). There is nothing sweeter than sleep for a traveler in the last part of the night. So it was only the heat of the sun that made us to wake up and the first to wake up was so and so, then so and so and then so and so (the narrator 'Auf said that Abu Raja' had told him their names but he had forgotten them) and the fourth person to wake up was 'Umar bin Al-Khattab. And whenever the Prophet used to sleep, nobody would wake him up till he himself used to get up as we did not know what was happening (being revealed) to him in his sleep. So, 'Umar got up and saw the condition of the people, and he was a strict man, so he said, "Allahu Akbar" and raised his voice with Takbir, and kept on saying it loudly till the Prophet got up because of it. When he got up, the people informed him about what had happened to them. He said, "There is no harm (or it will not be harmful). Depart!" So they departed from that place, and after covering some distance the Prophet stopped and asked for some water to perform the ablution. So he performed the ablution and the call for the prayer was pronounced and he led the people in prayer. After he finished from the prayer, he saw a man sitting aloof who had not prayed with the people. He asked, "O so and so! What has prevented you from praying with us?" He replied, "I am junub and there is no water. " The Prophet said, "Perform tayammum with (clean) earth and that is sufficient for you."

Then the Prophet proceeded on and the people complained to him of thirst. Thereupon he got down and called a person (the narrator 'Auf added that Abu Raja' had named him but he had forgotten) and 'Ali, and ordered them to go and bring water. So they went in search of water and met a woman who was sitting on her camel between two bags of water. They asked, "Where can we find water?" She replied, "I was there (at the place of water) this hour yesterday and my people are behind me." They requested her to accompany them. She asked, "Where?" They said, "To Allah's Apostle ." She said, "Do you mean the man who is called the Sabi', (with a new religion)?" They replied, "Yes, the same person. So come along." They brought her to the Prophet and narrated the whole story. He said, "Help her to dismount." The Prophet asked for a pot, then he opened the mouths of the bags and poured some water into the pot. Then he closed the big openings of the bags and opened the small ones and the people were called upon to drink and water their animals. So they all watered their animals and they (too) all quenched their thirst and also gave water to others and last of all the Prophet gave a pot full of water to the person who was junub and told him to pour it over his body. The woman was standing and watching all that which they were doing with her water. By Allah, when her water bags were returned the looked like as if they were more full (of water) than they had been before (Miracle of Allah's Apostle) Then the Prophet ordered us to collect something for her; so dates, flour and sawiq were collected which amounted to a good meal that was put in a piece of cloth. She was helped to ride on her camel and that cloth full of food-stuff was also placed in front of her and then the Prophet said to her, "We have not taken your water but Allah has given water to us." She returned home late. Her relatives asked her: "O so and so what has delayed you?" She said, "A strange thing! Two men met me and took me to the man who is called the Sabi' and he did such and such a thing. By Allah, he is either the greatest magician between this and this (gesturing with her index and middle fingers raising them towards the sky indicating the heaven and the earth) or he is Allah's true Apostle."

Afterwards the Muslims used to attack the pagans around her abode but never touched her village. One day she said to her people, "I think that these people leave you purposely. Have you got any inclination to Islam?" They obeyed her and all of them embraced Islam.

Abu 'Abdultah said: The word saba'a means "The one who has deserted his old religion and embraced a new religion." Abul 'Ailya said, "The Sabis are a sect of people of the Scripture who recite the Book of Psalms."

Volume 1, Book 7, Number 340:
[/b][/center]
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by muhsin(m): 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2009
Supplication for Rain

[center][b]Narrated Anas:

A man came to the Prophet on a Friday while he (the Prophet) was delivering a sermon at Medina, and said, "There is lack of rain, so please invoke your Lord to bless us with the rain." The Prophet looked at the sky when no cloud could be detected. Then he invoked Allah for rain. Clouds started gathering together and it rained till the Medina valleys started flowing with water. It continued raining till the next Friday. Then that man (or some other man) stood up while the Prophet was delivering the Friday sermon, and said, "We are drowned; Please invoke your Lord to withhold it (rain) from us" The Prophet smiled and said twice or thrice, "O Allah! Please let it rain round about us and not upon us." The clouds started dispersing over Medina to the right and to the left, and it rained round about Medina and not upon Medina. Allah showed them (the people) the miracle of His Prophet and His response to his invocation.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 115:
[/b][/center]
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by muhsin(m): 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2009
Lights to guide Companions

[center]
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Two of the companions of the Prophet departed from him on a dark night and were led by two lights like lamps (going in front of them from Allah as a miracle) lighting the way in front of them, and when they parted, each of them was accompanied by one of these lights till he reached their (respective) houses.

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 454:
[/center]
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by muhsin(m): 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2009
Crying of the stem of the Date-palm Tree.
[center]
Narrated Ibn Umar:

The Prophet used to deliver his sermons while standing beside a trunk of a datepalm. When he had the pulpit made, he used it instead. The trunk started crying and the Prophet went to it, rubbing his hand over it (to stop its crying).

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 783:
[/center]
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by muhsin(m): 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2009
Glorification of Allah by the Prophet's meals
[center]
Narrated 'Abdullah:

We used to consider miracles as Allah's Blessings, but you people consider them to be a warning. Once we were with Allah's Apostle on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said, "Bring the water remaining with you." The people brought a utensil containing a little water. He placed his hand in it and said, "Come to the blessed water, and the Blessing is from Allah." I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of Allah's Apostle, and no doubt, we heard the meal glorifying Allah, when it was being eaten (by him).

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 779:
[/center]
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by muhsin(m): 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2009
The expulsion of a liar's corpse by the Earth

[center][b]Narrated Anas:

There was a Christian who embraced Islam and read Surat-al-Baqara and Al-Imran, and he used to write (the revelations) for the Prophet. Later on he returned to Christianity again and he used to say: "Muhammad knows nothing but what I have written for him." Then Allah caused him to die, and the people buried him, but in the morning they saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, "This is the act of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and took his body out of it because he had run away from them." They again dug the grave deeply for him, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, "This is an act of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and threw his body outside it, for he had run away from them." They dug the grave for him as deep as they could, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. So they believed that what had befallen him was not done by human beings and had to leave him thrown (on the ground).

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 814:
[/b][/center]

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by muhsin(m): 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2009
The Speech of the Wolf
[center][b]
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "While a man was riding a cow, it turned towards him and said, 'I have not been created for this purpose (i.e. carrying), I have been created for sloughing.l" The Prophet added, "I, Abu Bakr and 'Umar believe in the story." The Prophet went on, "A wolf caught a sheep, and when the shepherd chased it, the wolf said, 'Who will be its guard on the day of wild beasts, when there will be no shepherd for it except me?' "After narrating it, the Prophet said, "I, Abu Bakr and 'Umar too believe it." Abu Salama (a sub-narrator) said, "Abu Bakr and 'Umar were not present then."

It has been written that a wolf also spoke to one of the companions of the Prophet near Medina as narrated in Fath-al-Bari:Narrated Unais bin 'Amr: Ahban bin Aus said, "I was amongst my sheep. Suddenly a wolf caught a sheep and I shouted at it. The wolf sat on its tail and addressed me, saying, 'Who will look after it (i.e. the sheep) when you will be busy and not able to look after it? Do you forbid me the provision which Allah has provided me?' " Ahban added, "I clapped my hands and said, 'By Allah, I have never seen anything more curious and wonderful than this!' On that the wolf said, 'There is something (more curious) and wonderful than this; that is, Allah's Apostle in those palm trees, inviting people to Allah (i.e. Islam).' "Unais bin 'Amr further said, "Then Ahban went to Allah's Apostle and informed him what happened and embraced Islam.)" palm trees or other trees and share the fruits with me.

Volume 3, Book 39, Number 517:
[/b][/center]
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by muhsin(m): 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2009
The Prophet's Night Journey to Jerusalem (Arabic: Israa) and Ascent to the Heavens (Arabic: Miraj)[center]

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

Regarding the Statement of Allah"

"And We granted the vision (Ascension to the heavens) which We made you see (as an actual eye witness) was only made as a trial for the people." (17.60)

Ibn Abbas added: The sights which Allah's Apostle was shown on the Night Journey when he was taken to Bait-ul Maqdis (i.e. Jerusalem) were actual sights, (not dreams). And the Cursed Tree (mentioned) in the Quran is the tree of Zaqqum (itself).

Volume 5, Book 58, Number 228:
[/center]

[center]

Narrated Ibn Abbas:

The Prophet said, "On the night of my Ascent to the Heaven, I saw Moses who was a tall brown curly-haired man as if he was one of the men of Shan'awa tribe, and I saw Jesus, a man of medium height and moderate complexion inclined to the red and white colors and of lank hair. I also saw Malik, the gate-keeper of the (Hell) Fire and Ad-Dajjal amongst the signs which Allah showed me." (The Prophet then recited the Holy Verse): "So be not you in doubt of meeting him' when you met Moses during the night of Mi'raj over the heavens" (32.23)

Volume 4, Book 54, Number 462:
[/center]

[center][b]

Narrated Abbas bin Malik:

Malik bin Sasaa said that Allah's Apostle described to them his Night Journey saying, "While I was lying in Al-Hatim or Al-Hijr, suddenly someone came to me and cut my body open from here to here." I asked Al-Jarud who was by my side, "What does he mean?" He said, "It means from his throat to his pubic area," or said, "From the top of the chest." The Prophet further said, "He then took out my heart. Then a gold tray of Belief was brought to me and my heart was washed and was filled (with Belief) and then returned to its original place. Then a white animal which was smaller than a mule and bigger than a donkey was brought to me." (On this Al-Jarud asked, "Was it the Buraq, O Abu Hamza?" I (i.e. Anas) replied in the affirmative). The Prophet said, "The animal's step (was so wide that it) reached the farthest point within the reach of the animal's sight. I was carried on it, and Gabriel set out with me till we reached the nearest heaven.

When he asked for the gate to be opened, it was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel answered, 'Gabriel.' It was asked, 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has Muhammad been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. Then it was said, 'He is welcomed. What an excellent visit his is!' The gate was opened, and when I went over the first heaven, I saw Adam there. Gabriel said (to me). 'This is your father, Adam; pay him your greetings.' So I greeted him and he returned the greeting to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious son and pious Prophet.' Then Gabriel ascended with me till we reached the second heaven. Gabriel asked for the gate to be opened. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel answered, 'Gabriel.' It was asked, 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel answered in the affirmative. Then it was said, 'He is welcomed. What an excellent visit his is!' The gate was opened.

When I went over the second heaven, there I saw Yahya (i.e. John) and 'Isa (i.e. Jesus) who were cousins of each other. Gabriel said (to me), 'These are John and Jesus; pay them your greetings.' So I greeted them and both of them returned my greetings to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious brother and pious Prophet.' Then Gabriel ascended with me to the third heaven and asked for its gate to be opened. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel replied, 'Gabriel.' It was asked, 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. Then it was said, 'He is welcomed, what an excellent visit his is!' The gate was opened, and when I went over the third heaven there I saw Joseph. Gabriel said (to me), 'This is Joseph; pay him your greetings.' So I greeted him and he returned the greeting to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious brother and pious Prophet.' Then Gabriel ascended with me to the fourth heaven and asked for its gate to be opened. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel replied, 'Gabriel' It was asked, 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. Then it was said, 'He is welcomed, what an excel lent visit his is!'

The gate was opened, and when I went over the fourth heaven, there I saw Idris. Gabriel said (to me), 'This is Idris; pay him your greetings.' So I greeted him and he returned the greeting to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious brother and pious Prophet.' Then Gabriel ascended with me to the fifth heaven and asked for its gate to be opened. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel replied, 'Gabriel.' It was asked. 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. Then it was said He is welcomed, what an excellent visit his is! So when I went over the fifth heaven, there I saw Harun (i.e. Aaron), Gabriel said, (to me). This is Aaron; pay him your greetings.' I greeted him and he returned the greeting to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious brother and pious Prophet.' Then Gabriel ascended with me to the sixth heaven and asked for its gate to be opened. It was asked. 'Who is it?' Gabriel replied, 'Gabriel.' It was asked, 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. It was said, 'He is welcomed. What an excellent visit his is!'

When I went (over the sixth heaven), there I saw Moses. Gabriel said (to me),' This is Moses; pay him your greeting. So I greeted him and he returned the greetings to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious brother and pious Prophet.' When I left him (i.e. Moses) he wept. Someone asked him, 'What makes you weep?' Moses said, 'I weep because after me there has been sent (as Prophet) a young man whose followers will enter Paradise in greater numbers than my followers.' Then Gabriel ascended with me to the seventh heaven and asked for its gate to be opened. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel replied, 'Gabriel.' It was asked,' Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. Then it was said, 'He is welcomed. What an excellent visit his is!'

So when I went (over the seventh heaven), there I saw Abraham. Gabriel said (to me), 'This is your father; pay your greetings to him.' So I greeted him and he returned the greetings to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious son and pious Prophet.' Then I was made to ascend to Sidrat-ul-Muntaha (i.e. the Lote Tree of the utmost boundary) Behold! Its fruits were like the jars of Hajr (i.e. a place near Medina) and its leaves were as big as the ears of elephants. Gabriel said, 'This is the Lote Tree of the utmost boundary) . Behold ! There ran four rivers, two were hidden and two were visible, I asked, 'What are these two kinds of rivers, O Gabriel?' He replied,' As for the hidden rivers, they are two rivers in Paradise and the visible rivers are the Nile and the Euphrates.'

Then Al-Bait-ul-Ma'mur (i.e. the Sacred House) was shown to me and a container full of wine and another full of milk and a third full of honey were brought to me. I took the milk. Gabriel remarked, 'This is the Islamic religion which you and your followers are following.' Then the prayers were enjoined on me: They were fifty prayers a day. When I returned, I passed by Moses who asked (me), 'What have you been ordered to do?' I replied, 'I have been ordered to offer fifty prayers a day.' Moses said, 'Your followers cannot bear fifty prayers a day, and by Allah, I have tested people before you, and I have tried my level best with Bani Israel (in vain). Go back to your Lord and ask for reduction to lessen your followers' burden.' So I went back, and Allah reduced ten prayers for me. Then again I came to Moses, but he repeated the same as he had said before. Then again I went back to Allah and He reduced ten more prayers. When I came back to Moses he said the same, I went back to Allah and He ordered me to observe ten prayers a day. When I came back to Moses, he repeated the same advice, so I went back to Allah and was ordered to observe five prayers a day.

When I came back to Moses, he said, 'What have you been ordered?' I replied, 'I have been ordered to observe five prayers a day.' He said, 'Your followers cannot bear five prayers a day, and no doubt, I have got an experience of the people before you, and I have tried my level best with Bani Israel, so go back to your Lord and ask for reduction to lessen your follower's burden.' I said, 'I have requested so much of my Lord that I feel ashamed, but I am satisfied now and surrender to Allah's Order.' When I left, I heard a voice saying, 'I have passed My Order and have lessened the burden of My Worshippers."
[/b][/center]
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by alimat2(f): 3:43pm On Oct 29, 2009
Jazakum allahu kairan.Keep it up brother
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by dexmond: 2:07am On Oct 30, 2009
@Poster

Your prophet was asked to perform a miracle by the jews in quraish, he told that he could not do it. That he was just a warner. All these miracles were later inventions and deception used by him to keep people under his spell. Do you know he elevated himself to the position of a god, by saying "We" when referring to his revelations. Moreover, he said muslims should not answer a call if they are praying, but he called someone when the man was praying, the man did not answer only for mohammad to chide the man that it is only him that has the right to call muslims even if they are in the presence of "god". Go and think deeply about the man you are following. He used his religion to favour his course, I can prove it any day even from your hadiths and quran.

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by sleek29(m): 8:32am On Oct 30, 2009
Are these what you call miracles?

it is even countable and very disputable, Christ performed miracles, even the bible didn't record all and it didn't stop there, the disciples continued the job, apostles and even to this day miracles are still happening, what happened to those mohammed passed the baton on to,are they doing the same thing? No

Remember that it wasn't only moses's rod that changed to a snake, if those miracles(if they are true anyway) are truly from God,then muslims should still be experiencing such kind of miracles

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by olabowale(m): 12:31pm On Oct 30, 2009
@dexmond: « #12 on: Today at 02:07:48 AM »
@Poster
Your prophet was asked to perform a miracle by the jews in quraish,
stop being a deceiver because there is no jew who is a quraishi or in quraish. quraish is a tribe of Muhammad (AS) and is it possible for jews to be a member?

he told that he could not do it.
what type of miracle? i guess your masters did not tell you, making you an easy picking for muslim challengers, who know that you are not telling the truth? give us the name of the miracle and where in the quraish. lol.

That he was just a warner.
Jeus was a warner, unless he was exclusively a miracle worker, and we therefore have to ask what was the gospel he preached was all about, except warning disbelievers to change their ways? Moses was a warner, since he warned of the impending disaster that finally befall Egypt. No?

All these miracles were later inventions and deception used by him to keep people under his spell.
you know or Allah knows? you know that the same could be applied to biblical Jesus, if any wants to go down to your level and wrestle you in the gutter?

Do you know he elevated himself to the position of a god, by saying "We" when referring to his revelations.
may Alah help Nigeria if you also work for the government. with your thinking and perchant for dishonesty, if i were your boss, you would be long gone by now from my business. We does not include Muhammad (AS) in the Quran, but exclusively for Allah!

Moreover, he said muslims should not answer a call if they are praying, but he called someone when the man was praying, the man did not answer only for mohammad to chide the man that it is only him that has the right to call muslims even if they are in the presence of "god".
Disbeliever is going to be a disbeliever anyday. look at this one writing "god" instead of God! he thinks we worship idol like him with three gods, when there is One God, two of them must be gods for sure. dexmond reminds me of a nigerian business man who was trying to steal from me yesterday and when i stoood my ground, the Keferi guy said "allah" so that he can insult me and my religion, then i had to correct his cross worshipper that i worship Allah and his allah i dont know!

Go and think deeply about the man you are following. He used his religion to favour his course, I can prove it any day even from your hadiths and quran.
please, i have deeply thought about it, this man that i follow. now proof his caourse instead of cause to me and how he furthered it for his own benefit through the religion. i wanna see how he became a billionaire and left trillions for his progeny, and so on?! lol. some people just have melon on the shoulders and it is already rottened!

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by olabowale(m): 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2009
@Sleek29: « #13 on: Today at 08:32:09 AM »
Are these what you call miracles?
Yes, or are they less than miracles? How do you calibrate what is a miracle then? By the way there are many, many more. Check my entry in August or early September this year on the thread of Pligrim.1 titled "the greatest miracles in Islam!" While Jesus performed mircale on the eye, just one time, Muhammad (AS) did it 3 times at least. That is what we call doubling the surety of said capability, except the Muslims know that this capability, Jesus' and Muhammad's are from Allah their God!

it is even countable and very disputable, Christ performed miracles, even the bible didn't record all and it didn't stop there, the disciples continued the job, apostles and even to this day miracles are still happening, what happened to those mohammed passed the baton on to,are they doing the same thing? No
Is the number that makes it miracle worthy? How do you dispute a miracle that you were not there as eyewitness? How do you know that Jesus (AS) performed any miracle except that you read them? Arent you ashamed to say that the Bible did not record them all? Then give us ten (10) miracles that the Bible did not record for him? If the disciples performed miracles, know that Umar ibn Khattab (RA) from the mimbah on Jumuah, will giving the Qutbah said "look back", a statement which was completely out of place, except that Allah allowed a muslim on the battlefield hear it, and he look back as instructed, and saw the enemy coming.

In time , the muslim defeated the enemies who were sneaking from the back. After the Qutbah, Umar was asked and he said that he passed information to the muslim fighting on the battlefield. When the muslim whose name Umar mentioned returned, he related that on such and such time and day, he heard the voice Umar, that he should look back as if warning of some danger from the enemies. As he turned back, he saw the enemies, whom he and his comraes, the other muslims prosecuting that war were able to defeat!

Remember that it wasn't only moses's rod that changed to a snake, if those miracles(if they are true anyway) are truly from God,then muslims should still be experiencing such kind of miracles
And Muslims do experience Miracles. I remember after 9/11, a police Captain walked up to masjid Taqwa on Fulton and Bedford in Brooklyn, in the afternoon, telling us that we should not make a public call for prayer, any longer, a thing already agreed since 1982 or 3 within the community. Brother Umar Shakir, a former army ranger in Vietnam told him that the community had no problem with it why should you who does not live here? The Captain said he will come in the morning to take away the eqipment if it is made for morning prayers. People told him to come and we wanna see him walk into the mosque without authority and take the equipments.
We were expecting him in the morning, but did not show up! Later that day we found out that as he walked in to the station, there was an order from his superior that he had been demoted for some thing that he had done. Now thats a miracle, and Karamallah happens to muslim, all the time;

Karamallah is for example a person passing by a dumpster, with all its stench, which everyone is waking so quickly to get far away from, yet this person was experiencing the best of fragrance! A blessing from his Lord. And Sleeek29, by your saying "if they are true anyway" about Moses (AS) many miracles, seems to me as if you do not believe he performed any Miracle, by Allah's allowance of them on him? Are you okay, or what is a miracle to you, please define it?

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by Muhseen(m): 11:45am On Oct 31, 2009
Salam,

May Allah increase in your knowledge, Sir Olabowale, for the well-composed responses of my behalf. May He who created Heavens and Earth, created Jesus and Muhammad (p.b.u.them) bless and reward you amply, ameeeeeen.

Well, let me say a little more on that; I wonder what Christians think when it comes to comparison between the Allah's prophets, Jesus and Muhammad, may Allah exalt their mention. First, do you believe Jesus as God or Prophet? I would like to know that before I proceed, for you may end up barking the wrong tree as they will shamelessly yet deceptively enough "switch" to saying Jesus is god, son of god, blah blah blah.

*edit*

I made it clear above that we Muslims don't focus too much attention upon the miracles performed by the prophet Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, because of mainly two reasons: One we believe all the prophets sent by Allah, the Exalted, performed it. Second, usually those miracles were mostly temporal. And no body, even amongst Christians, doubt that. Do you?

Yet, its only and only Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, who was among the prophets given an ever-active miracle, i.e. the noble Qur'an. Thanks to Allah for making me a Muslim.
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by Muhseen(m): 11:51am On Oct 31, 2009
Once again:

Prophet Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, also brought back to life (with Allah's permission) a 12 year old boy who died while journeying with his mother to see him. Just can't remember the hadeeth well well. Hope one of my Muslim brothers or sisters could. May Allah bless us all, ameen. Thanks
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by dexmond: 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2009
D H Lawrence did miracles/magic too.
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by Abuzola(m): 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2009
Jesus did miracle too
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by GODSON2009(m): 11:32pm On Nov 03, 2009
i wonder why he did not split the food when he got to medina but instead resort to armed robbery and brigandage,

if he had such powers,to split the moon,wonder why he was using a sword to split innocent trader's head open,surely that is a long and ardous way of going about it when you could simply comman them all to drop dead,unless he was deriving some macabre fun in beheading and slashing with swords,

even babalawos can summon rain or even make it stop

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by olabowale(m): 4:07am On Nov 04, 2009
i am sure where you think you will fault Muhammad (AS), you extending it to Isa bin Maryam (AS), too. Neither one of them can do what is new, except at best duplicate, in a correction, by the Mercy allowance of God, what we deem deficient, or a phenominal proofing their supernaturalness. Muhammad's "miracles" extended to Madina era. The stump of tree that wept was in Masjid in Madina. So was the wolf who told the Jewish shephard about Muhammad as it seized a lamb from his flock. The Camel which complained about his owner was a Madina incedent. The payment for the freedom of Salman Al Farsi included the planting of date seeds where all must grow, as the condition of the payment. That could not be special except that some of the seeds were intentionally burnt to charcoal, by the Jewish master, a means to not want to release the slave he owned and primarily to proof if Muhammad (AS) was a prophet!

In the planting, the prophet personally planted the burnt seeds, saying as he buried each mentioning Allah's Name as he praised Him. Each seed inspite of it being burnt germinated. The madinan date is called Ajwa; wrinkled as if it is raisined.

What about again the curing of eye problems which he did in three ocassions, and Jesus did it just one time?
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by olabowale(m): 4:19am On Nov 04, 2009
For those who want to read other miracles, just a smigget of what Allah did through Muhammad (AS) should go to the below entry and read almost 7 to 20 entries that I made after in, methodically outlining the mercy of Muhammad. The thread is in the main religious thread, authored by Pligrim.1.

Aburo, I hope you are okay and your studies are doing on well?

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam
« #173 on: August 30, 2009, 06:56 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the people have even taking Pligrim 1, as an object of worship. She says things that her heart was not not able to accept when she said she was a muslim, how can she find it okay now that she takes 3 gods to make 1 God?

The engineering student girl should have known that having three whole car, there is no way you can make one whole car from them, while they still remain 3 individual car?

The genius should also attempt to make from one car, while remaing whole without being destroyed, three whole cars from it, each being complete and not deficient.

If she cant then you should know that there is no God except One, and three individual God(s) is/are never possible! If there is another God with God, they are gods or at least one of them is God and the other is god, like idolatry symbols of the yoruba traditional gods! Same thing.
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by olabowale(m): 4:35am On Nov 04, 2009
And the entries ended at: « #198 on: September 12, 2009, 12:55 PM »

Please read, Godson2009! Miracles did not end with Jesus, since he was not the last of God's elect.

Those who lived and believed and those who have the belief even now that Musa (AS) is the last elect of God, will say miracle ended with him, thereby doing exactly what you are doing now; clsong the mind eye not to see what people who are true believers see.
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by Abuzola(m): 8:24am On Nov 04, 2009
Wallahu akbar
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by dexmond: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2009
I hope you remember that When Moses' rod turned to snake, Pharaohs magicians also turned theirs to snake too. Haven't  you heard of how Magicians who claim they are "pastors" are reaping-off Nigerians because they did "Miracles"? Does it make them children of God because they "performed miracles"?
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by Nezan(m): 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2009
I dont think we Christians have a problem with miracles, for even the devil can perform miracles.

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by olabowale(m): 7:16pm On Nov 04, 2009
@godson2009: « #25 on: Today at 05:16:48 PM »
I hope you remember that When Moses' rod turned to snake, Pharaohs magicians also turned theirs to snake too. Haven't you heard of how Magicians who claim they are "pastors" are reaping-off Nigerians because they did "Miracles"? Does it make them children of God because they "performed miracles"?
i hope you remember that pharaoh did not say that he had a mandate from God, while Moses declared that he Moses was a messenger of Allah to his people and a warner to Pharaoh and his people, too. i hope you realise that the miracles of Moses defeated the magic of pharaoh's court magicians.

fortunatey, i am not a christian which would have made me understand or know your magician pastors. and i dont live in nigeria, and my sporadic visits, i ignore the christians as if they do not exist, since allowing them to talk to me is like inviting shaitan to dine, and neither disbelif nor shaitan do i need. so your chritian miracle is actually magic, according to you, above. i agree with you. now, i did not know that the yoruba man hotelier is now God, since you are one of the children of God, and what makes the wife of the hotelier, then? you see that you christian peoplejust throw labels all over the places, without thinking about how loosy goosie it is to see how silly it is?

now, whatever personality that Moses was to God, is the same that Jesus was, same exact thing is what Muhammad was, since Jesus said that out of his own ability, he could do nothing, except that God Almighty Whom he cried, wept, supplicated, prayed, prostrated to, permitted him of any and all miracles; to support and as a sign of his prophethood. Now swallow that!
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by olabowale(m): 7:19pm On Nov 04, 2009
@nezan: « #26 on: Today at 05:25:00 PM »
I dont think we Christians have a problem with miracles, for even the devil can perform miracles.
you have now declared that Jesus and devil are in the same class! shame on you as you call one your god, yet in the crowd of shaitan. read what you wrote, that am responding to.
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by dexmond: 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2009
I'm sure mR olabowale have never seen a magician performing some strange feat. Ok, let me help you, you must have heard of professor Peller. Are you going to call him a muslim because he performed magic?

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by Abuzola(m): 9:31pm On Nov 04, 2009
Now i agree you are a confussionist
Re: Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). by olabowale(m): 9:40pm On Nov 04, 2009
dexmond, who is professor peller? and where do i say muslim and islam have anything to do with magic? this dude, are you okay, as i concur with Abuzola of his opinion about you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ruling On Watching BBN And Porn / See This Demolished Mosque In Kaduna / Ibadan Muslims Defy Sultan’s Directive, Observe Eid-El-Fitri Prayer On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.