Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat (14269 Views)

No Admission For The Following Students After Passing Jamb. See Reasons / OAU students flee hostels over cultists threat / LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by dammieowot1: 8:18am On Nov 04, 2016
Osun Governor boycotts OAU visit, following students’ threat*

Posted on November 3, 2016 Wole Adegbule, OAU

The Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, On Thursday absconded from a talk/lecture in Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, where he was expected to speak on‘Improving Nigerians economy through diversification’ following the threat by concerned students of the institution to picket him if he shows up.

The student at the early hours of Thursday converged at the Oduduwa Hall, the venue of the lecture, carrying different placards condemning the devastating state of economy in the country and the state.
One of the leader of the group, Comrade Emmanuel Emma, in a conversation with our correspondent said, ”When Great Ife students sneeze, oppressors catch cold’.

The gallant great Ife students disgraced Governor Aregbesola. We are happy that he heeded to the warning by CONCERNED GREAT IFE STUDENTS that his presence on campus would only lead to embarrassment and ridicule. He was told in clear terms that he was not welcomed on campus. 2014 Jonathan protest is still fresh in our memories.”

“We asserted our esteem power despite the
heavy militarization of campus, and the presence
of the SSS. The Governor showed cowardice by
boycotting the event. He ran away. He was nowhere to be found. He couldn’t have come.
The embarrassment in stock was perfectly planned and executed. His advisers should be
paid handsomely for telling him that Great Ife is
a no-go area,” the student leader said.

He however commended the doggedness,
resolute and tenacity of the CONCERNED GREAT
IFE STUDENTS, who despite examinations and
military presence (in anticipation of the Governor’s visit) stood their ground to ensure
oppressors of the Masses are no more celebrated.

Our correspondent who monitored the peaceful
protest disclosed that the students coordinated
themselves in an orderly manner. When the Chief Security Officer, CSO of the institution approached them to persuade them to sheath their sword, he was informed that the protest was meant to register the plight of the masses.

Comrade Omole Ibukun, another leader of the group in his response to the CSO said, ”We are not political thugs. We are not interested in disrupting any program, but Aregbesola is not welcome.”

The lecture which took place at the Oduduwa hall was attended by Professor Pat Utomi, and other dignitaries.

Recall that in 2015, the group also resisted Senator Babajide Omoworare, from visiting the
institution to deliver a lecture. Senator Omoworare, was warned that his presence on
campus would only lead to his embarrassment,
consequently, he yielded to the warnings from
students and evaded the program tactically.

Mr. Nuhu Ribadu, former EFCC boss, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, and other top politicians had also been denied access to the university.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=220848278337488&id=174265982995718

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by Mujaheeeden: 8:22am On Nov 04, 2016
What will that Radionic Aregberascal tell students in that lecture undecided

You can't give what you don't have.

Imagine the opportunity missed by aressa to do his fotografer job

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by MisterDreamz(m): 8:50am On Nov 04, 2016
My grandma calls Aregbe "Baba Afusa"...I wondered why,because I only knew Reminisce to be that or Aregbe has a daughter called Afusa?
Only for granny to tell me she meant Baba Half (Afu) salary (sa) I.e Baba Afusa. grin

Stop victimisation in Osun!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 04, 2016
gringrin.....

Sometimes the doggedness of these students amaze me...
If it were another uni, he would have been welcomed with wide open arms...

All Hail OAU!!!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 04, 2016
gringrin.....

Sometimes the doggedness of these students amaze me...
If it were another uni, he would have been welcomed with wide open arms...

All Hail OAU!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by philaw(m): 10:05am On Nov 04, 2016
This should make Frontpage. Great Ife! Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by Fynestboi: 10:59am On Nov 04, 2016
Nice.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by Godprotectigbos(f): 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
u want those angry children of hate ofonja guys to burn the man like they burn their schools grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by amaeze80: 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin na waooooo
Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by Theoritical(m): 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
i have always known that guy to be lily-livered grin... but why are those students protesting in forest, abi naa blending things
Buhari, abeg send ur military thugs to OAU, there is fire on the mountain

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by Godprotectigbos(f): 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
the guy on white shirt is the guy that stole my purse a week ago

thank God i don catch am grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by omowolewa: 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ogeni no wan 'dobale',

Great Students no dey joke with that, even as lion-hearted as Nuhu Ribadun is, he was treated in Ife way.

(Aluta against all oppression)

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by Charly68: 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
God you guys ! You remind me of Aluta days
Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by dadebayo1(m): 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
Old time unionism... The spirit lives on... I hope Lautech students are learning.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by ayo4sure(m): 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
OAU sha
Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by Siberia101: 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

amaeze80:
grin grin grin grin grin na waooooo

grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by dadebayo1(m): 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
the guy on white shirt is the guy hat stole my purse a week ago

thank God i don catch am grin grin grin grin grin grin

Or you mean he stole your shirt grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by haryomikun(m): 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
dammieowot1:
Osun Governor boycotts OAU visit, following students’ threat*

Posted on November 3, 2016 Wole Adegbule, OAU

The Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, On Thursday absconded from a talk/lecture in Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, where he was expected to speak on‘Improving Nigerians economy through diversification’ following the threat by concerned students of the institution to picket him if he shows up.

The student at the early hours of Thursday converged at the Oduduwa Hall, the venue of the lecture, carrying different placards condemning the devastating state of economy in the country and the state.
One of the leader of the group, Comrade Emmanuel Emma, in a conversation with our correspondent said, When Great Ife students sneeze, oppressors catch cold

The gallant great Ife students disgraced Governor Aregbesola. We are happy that he heeded to the warning by CONCERNED GREAT IFE STUDENTS that his presence on campus would only lead to embarrassment and ridicule. He was told in clear terms that he was not welcomed on campus. 2014 Jonathan protest is still fresh in our memories.”

“We asserted our esteem power despite the
heavy militarization of campus, and the presence
of the SSS. The Governor showed cowardice by
boycotting the event. He ran away. He was nowhere to be found. He couldn’t have come.
The embarrassment in stock was perfectly planned and executed. His advisers should be
paid handsomely for telling him that Great Ife is
a no-go area,” the student leader said.

He however commended the doggedness,
resolute and tenacity of the CONCERNED GREAT
IFE STUDENTS, who despite examinations and
military presence (in anticipation of the Governor’s visit) stood their ground to ensure
oppressors of the Masses are no more celebrated.

Our correspondent who monitored the peaceful
protest disclosed that the students coordinated
themselves in an orderly manner. When the Chief Security Officer, CSO of the institution approached them to persuade them to sheath their sword, he was informed that the protest was meant to register the plight of the masses.

Comrade Omole Ibukun, another leader of the group in his response to the CSO said, ”We are not political thugs. We are not interested in disrupting any program, but Aregbesola is not welcome.”

The lecture which took place at the Oduduwa hall was attended by Professor Pat Utomi, and other dignitaries.

Recall that in 2015, the group also resisted Senator Babajide Omoworare, from visiting the
institution to deliver a lecture. Senator Omoworare, was warned that his presence on
campus would only lead to his embarrassment,
consequently, he yielded to the warnings from
students and evaded the program tactically.

Mr. Nuhu Ribadu, former EFCC boss, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, and other top politicians had also been denied access to the university.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=220848278337488&id=174265982995718

When you breed touts as students
Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by LorDBolton(m): 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
Reading the article I just shook my head.

Is that "emmanuel emma" a student or an agbero?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by Godprotectigbos(f): 2:29pm On Nov 04, 2016
dadebayo1:

Or you mean he stole your shirt grin grin

hahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by jejemanito: 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2016
haryomikun:

When you breed touts as students

Shuush!

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by dadebayo1(m): 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2016
Godprotectigbos:

hahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin enjoy the rest of the day ma, grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by Godprotectigbos(f): 2:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
dadebayo1:

grin enjoy the rest of the day ma, grin

you too sirgrin cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by tripzalee(m): 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2016

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by MrMcJay(m): 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
u want those angry children of hate ofonja guys to burn the man like they burn their schools grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by remigiusizunna(m): 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
An evil man runs when no one pursues

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by buffalowings: 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
Osogbo weed chief distributor

Half salary governor

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by sauskyjoe(m): 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
I love to hear news like dis. Aregbe rascal no get liver at all. Cold catch am! Hehehe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by ItsawrapOutfit: 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2016
I laugh in spanish

Threat na threat even if it was from an adolescent grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by slurryeye: 2:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
Great Ife, no time for Iranu

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Boycotts OAU Visit, Following Students’ Threat by drexy02: 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
Great ife

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grandfather Bags First Class In Law As UI Graduates 1,582 / Jamb Devises New Measures To Detect Malpractices In 2017 UTME ( Anti-cheating) / 2015/2016 Nabteb Nov/dec Gce Timetable Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.