Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,365 members, 7,843,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Read How A Dog Killed 5-year-old Boy In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Read How A Dog Killed 5-year-old Boy In Lagos (862 Views)

Borno: 8 killed, 5 missing in insurgent ambush on troops / 3 Boys Kidnap 5-Year-Old Boy In Kano, Kill & Bury Him After Collecting Ransom / Dog Killed In Port-Harcourt After Being Accused Of Transforming From A Man. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read How A Dog Killed 5-year-old Boy In Lagos by AmeboZone007: 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
A dog breeder on Rufus Olaniyan Estate, Irawo, Ikorodu, Lagos, has been arrested.
The man was arrested by the Lagos State Police Command in connection with the death of a five-year-old boy allegedly killed by one of the dogs under his care.
According to Punch Metro, it was learnt that the suspect, identified as Lola Jonathan, was apprehended by the police at the Owode Onirin Police Division and transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department in Panti, Yaba.
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, in a text message confirmed the arrest to our correspondent on Thursday.
“The case was not reported promptly for investigation. However, the suspect has been arrested and taken to the SCIID. Investigation is ongoing,” she said.
It was gathered that the dog and 18 others were in Jonathan’s care as his father, who owns them, barely lived on the estate.
The boy, Jomiloju Odukomaya, was reportedly returning from a shop, where he had gone to buy a packet of biscuits on August 8, when the dog pounced on him and bit him in the left hand.
He was said to have contracted rabies from the dog bite and eventually died on September 18 at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba.
Jomiloju’s mother, Mrs. Patience Odukomaya, lamented that neither Jonathan nor his father show concern for the family over the death of the Nursery 2 pupil, calling on the government and human rights groups to take up the matter.
She said, “I took him to a clinic immediately the dog bit him and the wound was treated. About two weeks after, he started exhibiting some strange signs. He screamed, barked and was drooling at the mouth.

“I took him to Randle Hospital on September 13 and a test conducted on him showed that he had contracted rabies. The hospital referred us to the LUTH. He died five days after.

“While he was receiving treatment, Jonathan came to check on him at my shop. But when he learnt that he was dead, he stopped coming and pretended as if the dog wasn’t his. I have lost my home; I don’t want to lose justice. My husband blamed me for the incident; whereas that was not the first time Jomiloju would go to buy things himself,” she added.
Patience said she had been moving from one place to another with her one-year-old daughter since September 19 when her husband sent her packing because of the matter, adding that Jonathan was adamant to admit that his dog bit Jomiloju.
“Three weeks ago, I went to the house. The moment he (Jonathan) sighted me, he ran inside. I went to the Owode Onirin Police Station and a policeman followed me there. He didn’t come out. The policeman couldn’t enter because his dogs had been unleashed on the premises. They are about 19. He was eventually arrested on Tuesday.”
When our correspondent visited the residence last Thursday, Jonathan’s neigbour, Hamzat Olawale, said he was not around.
He said,

CONTINUE HERE : http://www.amebosquare.com/news/read-how-a-dog-killed-5-year-old-boy-in-lagos/
Re: Read How A Dog Killed 5-year-old Boy In Lagos by Adeevah(m): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2016
Hmmmn...please let's blame buhari
Re: Read How A Dog Killed 5-year-old Boy In Lagos by francisbarrack(m): 11:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
Adeevah:
Hmmmn...please let's blame buhari

Y can't we blame u instead
Re: Read How A Dog Killed 5-year-old Boy In Lagos by Adeevah(m): 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
francisbarrack:

Y can't we blame u instead

We should blame you then
Re: Read How A Dog Killed 5-year-old Boy In Lagos by bamirotola: 1:07am On Nov 05, 2016
The owner should face th wrath of d law... on no occasion should your dog be violent outside it's territory and it's crazy of em not to give their dogs anti rabies.... crazy country... God help uS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read How A Dog Killed 5-year-old Boy In Lagos by maryjan8(f): 4:36am On Nov 05, 2016
So touching. RIP Boy
Re: Read How A Dog Killed 5-year-old Boy In Lagos by countsparrow: 6:56am On Nov 05, 2016
Why wont you vaccinate your dog against rabies, considering tgat is what gives you cash...

The dog owner and Nigeria are the same thing, always neglecting and not taking proper care of the source of their wealth
Re: Read How A Dog Killed 5-year-old Boy In Lagos by ArabMopol(m): 7:32am On Nov 05, 2016
careless/lazy mother why would you send a 4yrs old boy to an errand
, what happened has happened... Mr Jonathan should auction all his dogs and compensate the family, u can't bring the death back to life
Re: Read How A Dog Killed 5-year-old Boy In Lagos by morbeta(m): 7:57am On Nov 05, 2016
I have 6 dogs oooo and they are feeling the change ooo cos even getting leftovers in restaurants and fast food Na oyo. My dogs no happy at all. Mennnn after reading this, am consider calling in some dude from south south to do the needful.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lady Beaten & Molested For Breaking A Man's Head During Match (photos) / Why Did I Receive An FBI Warning Text? / Video: Lady Stuffs 9 Stolen Clothes From A Boutique In Her Private Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.