Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

"Tired Naira Notes" My Experience At Stanbic IBTC Today - Castrokins - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Tired Naira Notes" My Experience At Stanbic IBTC Today - Castrokins (1320 Views)

My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality / My Experience At NIMC Enrollment Centre, Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri. / Stanbic Ibtc Ez Cash Loan Ussd Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Tired Naira Notes" My Experience At Stanbic IBTC Today - Castrokins by castrokins(m): 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
So I Was To Make Cash Lodgment At A Stanbic IBTC Branch In Calabar Today. I'd Received N10,000 In N100 Bills From A Colleague At Work A Day Earlier.

I Arrived At The Bank At About 7:45am As I Was Due To Return To Office Before 9am. The Bank Doors Eventually Opened At 8:07am To My Consternation. The 7mins After 8am Was Like Waiting For Shekau To Convert To Christianity. Who Knows He May Even Be A Christian...

I'd Gone Straight To A Lady Teller To Process My Payment. Upon Citing The Money I'd Dropped Before Her, She Pushed Them Back At Me, Complaining The Were Tired, Mutilated And Overused, To Paraphrase Her; ...They're Mutilated'. She Said She'd Not Accept Them And Being A Representative Of The Bank, I Felt At That Material Time That Stanbic IBTC Had Rejected The Naira Notes Because It Didn't Appear Appealing To A Lady.

I Felt She's Also Doing Her Best To Disprove My Age-long Believe, That One Could Swap Old Naira Notes With New Ones At The Bank, Depositor's Bank. Sadly, From What It Seemed, You'd Now Have To Go To CBN, Nigeria's Bankers' Bank.

After Dasuki, I Probably Haven't Heard Another Nigerian Who's Dealt Directly With @cenbank. Or So I Thought. So There I Was Wondering Where In The World I'd Swap Old Naira Notes.

My Pleas And That Of Another Concerned Customer, That The Money Was Drawn From The Bank Barely 24hrs Early Fell On Deaf Ears As Turned Away From Me. Again, To Paraphrase Her; "Go And Return It To Them"
Eventually, I Drove Back To Swap The Notes At Home.

Upon My Return To The Bank, The Lady Refused To Attend To Me, Directing Me To Another Teller, A Smart Young Man.

In My Mind, I Thought The Lady Was Telling Me That Central Bank Of Nigeria Was No Longer Nigeria's Banker's Bank, But Depositors Bank.

Given I Have Lived All My Life Believing The Former, I Reached Out To Stanbic IBTC In Lagos As Well As CC'd CBN To Confirm The Lady's Position. Stanbic Responded And Promised To Take It Up. True To Their Promise, A Representative Called Barely 90mins Of My Return To Work, Pleading And Apologizing. She Begged Me To Come Back With The Old Notes That She's Ready To Accept Them. She Said I'd Not Worry About My Transport Fare (she's ready to pay). She Made Over 10 Calls To Me, Asking Me To Meet Her In The Bank Even For A Minute And Pleaded I'd Not Push The Issue Farther.

I Don't Have Any Idea What They Told The Branch From Their Head Office, But That Completely Changed The Lady. As The World Is Getting Smaller And Smaller, I Believe It's Imperative We Watch Our Dispositions At Our Work Places.

I Have Attached Pics Of The Cash She Rejected As I'd Attached Via Series Of Tweets To Her Head Office And CBN.

Nairalanders, Be The Judge.

Re: "Tired Naira Notes" My Experience At Stanbic IBTC Today - Castrokins by Olizey(m): 7:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
Chai. Women ehn
Re: "Tired Naira Notes" My Experience At Stanbic IBTC Today - Castrokins by datola: 8:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
That lady really 'played' with her work.

1 Like

Re: "Tired Naira Notes" My Experience At Stanbic IBTC Today - Castrokins by Elthugnificent(m): 7:35am On Nov 05, 2016
But you self no try o, why will you leave the bank in the first place.

Demand to see the bank manager, or someone that has a say in the bank. Why would a mere bank teller attend to you that way and you will just keep quiet.

It is the bank duty to receive the mutilated money and take them to the apex bank, and not your responsibility.

1 Like

Re: "Tired Naira Notes" My Experience At Stanbic IBTC Today - Castrokins by castrokins(m): 7:47am On Nov 05, 2016
I Tried To Play It Down Because It was Still Very Early In The Day. While I Discussed With Her, She Mentioned I'd See Another Lady And Immediately, That Other Lady Retorted; If The Money Is Bad, It's Bad, No Need To See Me. It Was Made Worse By The Fact That The Branch Is Populated By Women. I Didn't Think It Was Necessary Dragging On Since I Had To Be At Work Myself. They Were Never Going To Listen To Me Because The First Person Passed A Bad Judgment.

Elthugnificent:
But you self no try o, why will you leave the bank in the first place.

Demand to see the bank manager, or someone that has a say in the bank. Why would a mere bank teller attend to you that way and you will just keep quiet.

It is the bank duty to receive the mutilated money and take them to the apex bank, and your responsibility.

(1) (Reply)

THE THREAD: Pablo Ayodeji Apologises To #KEEPTHECHANGEBAE / Waking Up Recently To Find Mysterious Scratches On My Body. / What's The Name Of This Creature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.