Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

11 Things You Didn’t Know About Paul Pogba - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 11 Things You Didn’t Know About Paul Pogba (957 Views)

"It's Time For A New Challenge Somewhere Else" - Paul Pogba, Fans React (Photos) / George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect / Paul Pogba's Loud Sex Moans Shocks Hotel Guests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

11 Things You Didn’t Know About Paul Pogba by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 05, 2016
HIS NICKNAME WAS PAUL THE OCTOPUS

Remember Paul the Octopus, surprise star of the 2010 World Cup finals?

Well, Pogba was nicknamed that – or ‘IL Polpo Paul’ in Italian – not because of his ability to successfully predict the results of football matches, but because of his long gangly legs.

2. HIS TWO BROTHERS ARE FOOTBALLERS – AND PLAY FOR GUINEA

Pogba has two brothers – Mathias and Florentin – who are twins. Like Paul, they are also footballers.

Mathias, a forward, currently plies his trade for Partick Thistle while Florentin, a defender, plays for Saint-Etienne.

nother interesting fact is that the twins are both Guinea internationals. Paul opted instead to represent the France national team.

3. HIS FAVOURITE FOOD IS PASTA

Pogba loves a bit of pasta, which is just as well considering his profession.

“I can do easy things like pasta with chicken or pasta with fish,” Pogba revealed in an interview with the Daily Mail in 2014, “but in Italy you just need to walk out the door and you can have the best pasta in the world cooked for you.

4. POGBA USED TO LOOK UP TO RAVEL MORRISON

It might come as a surprise to hear there was a player at Old Trafford that coaches rated even more than Paul Pogba during his first spell with the Red Devils.

Although his attitude and off-field issues have hindered his professional career, Ravel Morrison once had the world at his feet.

“Mentality, for me, outweighs talent,” Ferdinand told Copa90, per the Manchester Evening News, in May. “Look at Ravel Morrison. This guy was the best young kid that I’ve ever seen in my life.

“Better than Joe Cole was when he was a kid. Ravel Morrison, I’ve never seen a guy look so comfortable on a football pitch, but you can’t just have one of them without the other, you’ve got to have everything.

“I’d love to see him given a chance to come back and show everyone his talent because the kid was just different. Pogba, Januzaj, Lingard… they used to look up to this boy.

“People don’t realise how good he was. Those boys used to look up to him like, ‘wow, Ravel Morrison’.”

5. HE HIRED A DIETITIAN AT THE AGE OF 16

You don’t reach the top unless you’re serious about what you do – and Pogba was serious about what he does from a very young age.

Hiring a dietitian at the age of 16 and following strict guidelines when it comes to food has clearly benefitted the French

For the full list and better reader experience check
http://www.sportztrendz.com/2016/11/05/11-things-didnt-know-paul-pogba/
Kindly drop a comment on which players you want wto make a list on and i will try to gather some facts and prepare a list for you thanks
Re: 11 Things You Didn’t Know About Paul Pogba by Teedawg: 7:32am On Nov 05, 2016
How does this contribute to his goal scoring inability
Re: 11 Things You Didn’t Know About Paul Pogba by wizrose(m): 11:16am On Nov 05, 2016
paul pobga is a waste of money

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Trolling Thread - Don't Take It Personal #UCL DRAW / Five Things We Learned From Tottenham 2-0 Chelsea / FT: Nigeria 3 - 0 Togo (see Full Lineup)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.