Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Court Summon Across Interstate - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Court Summon Across Interstate (583 Views)

When Will Ban On Interstate Movement Be Lifted? / Kaduna State Is Locking Down. All Interstate Roads Are Being Sealed. / Malabu: We’ll Resist Attempt To Summon Jonathan, Niger Deltans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Summon Across Interstate by aesculapius(m): 9:33am On Nov 05, 2016
Dear Nairaladers,
Pls pardon me if am posting this in a wrong section.
I got a summon order from a district court from Niger state and am based in Abuja.
I dont visit Niger state, i dont have any business there the only thing there is that the complainant relocated from Abuja to Niger and decided to sue me from Niger.
Pls Legal practitioners in the house should advice me. I want to know if the court has the jurisdiction and how should i respond to it because i dont intend going.
Pls i need professional advice.
I would appreciate if this can be pushed to FrontPage for me because i need answers before nextweek tuesday(8/11/2016)
Re: Court Summon Across Interstate by Flaghouse1: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2016
Though I am not a lawyer,logically I presume he should have sued you from Abuja if the the reason he is suing you for took place in abuja
Re: Court Summon Across Interstate by aesculapius(m): 9:41am On Nov 05, 2016
Flaghouse1:
Though I am not a lawyer,logically I presume he should have sued you from Abuja if the the reason he is suing you for took place in abuja
So i thought, thats why i need professional advice
Re: Court Summon Across Interstate by Flaghouse1: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2016
Well my take is that courts have jurisdictions in terms of type of cases they hear and based on state where the offense is committed,if he is now taking you to court in Niger state where you do not reside and where your issues with him did not happen I think he has ulterior motives,probably good relationship with the court machineries,I hope reliable professionals should be able give you more insight on what to do or at best Google courts and jurisdictions in Nigeria and see what come out and relate it with your what transpired between you and him

Wish you good luck
Re: Court Summon Across Interstate by aesculapius(m): 10:20am On Nov 05, 2016
Tank u Flaghouse1.
Re: Court Summon Across Interstate by blank(f): 5:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
Hire a lawyer and let him do his work. Not going will make them rule against you and you will have to fulfill the judgment debt.
Re: Court Summon Across Interstate by Flaghouse1: 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hi, any update regards this issue

(1) (Reply)

Man Has Sex Romp With A Lady Till She Dies / Ghana’s Presidential Election Has Been Won By Incumbent John Mahama, The Elector / Solid Reasons Nigerians Should Let Go Of Their Blackberry Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.